PDA

View Full Version : How to get a "star" shape rectangle

cheley
04-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone...don't usually post here since I usually "knit more", but I've decided to put all my "granny squares" together to make a blanket...Some of the "motifs" are star shape...I forgot how to go around the edge to make them rectangular and crochet them (all the "squares") together...I have been doing a dc around the edges but the star stills turns out a star:eyebrow: Any suggestions:hug:

jacquiw
04-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Maybe you should put the rectangular ones together separately and have two blankets. A star one and a rectangular one.

cheley
04-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Maybe you should put the rectangular ones together separately and have two blankets. A star one and a rectangular one. Only have a few "star" motifs, the problem is I can't remember (for the life of me) how to "shape them" on the side to get them rectangular...I think I need to incorporate someTrebles in there, but can't figure out how:aww: Thank you

jheatherley
04-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Two solutions you might consider. Make a plain rectangle in a contrasting color and use the star as an applique. Or, less simply, chain between points of the star, making essentially a circle. In the next one or two rows, create corners for your rectangle.

cheley
04-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Two solutions you might consider. Make a plain rectangle in a contrasting color and use the star as an applique. Or, less simply, chain between points of the star, making essentially a circle. In the next one or two rows, create corners for your rectangle.:woohoo: I like that idea!!!! Thanks