PDA

View Full Version : Cable Pairing Pullover & Moonlight Slippersock

shan
04-07-2008, 12:38 AM
With many thanks to Ingrid I have finally finished the Cable Pairing Pullover for DH.
It's from the Winter 1999 editions of Knitter's.
I used Plymouth Galway Irish Red or some such thing.
I was very brave and changed it to a V neck using instructions from Stitch'n bitch Nation. I've never done such a thing before, but it actually worked.
On Ingrids advice I had to pull out the bottom band and redo it in a tighter rib, so it wasn't baggy.
I'd also made the sleeves too long so I had to take them off and pull them back to size.

I've also finished a pair of the Moonlight Slippersocks from www.knittingpureandsimple.com for my DD,
but I used multicoloured yard instead of doing the stars and moon pattern. These are the first socks I've ever knitted. Bit if a challenge for the brain.
When I was knitting the second sock, I discovered that I'd misunderstood the pattern, so I had to do the first sock again.
I used Cleckheaton Tapestry, and the colour's nothing like the photo shows, its purple, green and yellow. Not Blue!

Now I'm doing another pair in a different colour for my other DD.

Debkcs
04-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Both FO's are very nice, and congratulations on your first pair of socks!

Does your DD like them? The colorway sounds terrific.

WandaT
04-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Wow ... love the slipper socks, but the sweater is something else! Just gorgeous!

Ronda
04-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Beautiful!

dustinac
04-07-2008, 09:54 AM
:inlove: love the pullover and the color!! The socks look wonderful! :thumbsup:

auburnchick
04-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Wow! That sweater is just gorgeous!!! :inlove:

I really like the socks too! Congratulation on completing your first pair!

I have to say that I am so impressed with your tenaciousness. I do not have the courage to modify patterns. Frogging is such a pain too. I admire that you stuck with it until everything came out properly.

Welcome to KH, btw! :hug:

Knit4Fun
04-07-2008, 03:52 PM
What a beautiful sweater! That is amazing work...and the socks really turned out great too. I've not gotten a sock done yet (although to my credit, I've only once tried thus far - you are inspiring me to try again though...)

shan
04-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Thank you all for you're lovely comments.
You're making me blush!

The cables were fun. I've got no problem with those, but moss stitch all the way through it was a bit of a killer.

Why is it that most learning seems to happen the hard way? Especially for me!

I'm not usually that persistent, but this time I was determined to get there, (if this attempt worked, anyway Hee hee hee)

slightly addicted to yarn
04-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Lovely jumper and socks. I was very interested to hear about changing the neckline too - something I often want to do as crew necks don't suit me, now I'll have a go when I next love a jumper but hate the neckline! Thanks for that:muah:

GiddyKnitter
04-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Both projects are lovely well done x