PDA

View Full Version : denise interchangeable

Pagan Princess
04-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Has anyone ever used them?? What are they like?

Thanks

Knit4Pie
04-07-2008, 08:21 AM
I use Denise, and I don't have any complaints. I find the cables a little big around, but not terribly so. It just means you can't do magic loop. Otherwise, I love them. They're easy to put together, you just have to twist them in and they stay together. My dd (she's only 4, so she didn't know) tried to force them together, so one is a little loose, but even then it doesn't fall apart.

jheatherley
04-07-2008, 09:05 AM
They're like wonderful. I have Denise and Options and like them both; but if I had to give up one of the sets, it wouldn't be Denise. As for not being able to do magic loop, I'm glad I didn't realize that -- 'cause I've done it many times. With the 40" cable, piece of cake.

Jan in CA
04-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I started with Denise, but was frustrated with the thick cables. I didn't feel like the stitches slid smoothly on them either. I much prefer my new Options.

Knit4Pie
04-07-2008, 09:09 AM
They're like wonderful. I have Denise and Options and like them both; but if I had to give up one of the sets, it wouldn't be Denise. As for not being able to do magic loop, I'm glad I didn't realize that -- 'cause I've done it many times. With the 40" cable, piece of cake.

I tried once, and I just couldn't get it to work. Maybe I'll try again on my next pair of socks. I've already started these, so it will have to be on the next.

kemp
04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I love mine...two sets!

Newbie2Knitting
04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I have a set and like them fine. The tips are resin and I prefer the feel of metal needles to them, but I got the Denise b/c of the wide size range in both the tips and cables. I haven't tried other interchangable sets to do a side-by-side comparison, though.

Debkcs
04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I've had a set of Denise since I first started being interested in knitting. Love way the yarn slides on the needles, not too much, not caught like on bamboo.

A couple of our really prolific knitters all swear by Options, which I do have in the smaller size, longer length for socks,using Magic Loop.

GinnyG
04-07-2008, 11:44 AM
There is a very informative thread on interchangable needles here:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57276

I have not used my Denise since I got my options, I LOVE my Options. The Denise are thick and the cables stiff bulky, the needle tips are are dull and the plastic needles don't slide nicely through yarn.

Pagan Princess
04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks everyone:hug:

Debkcs
04-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I have not used my Denise since I got my options, I LOVE my Options. The Denise are thick and the cables stiff bulky, the needle tips are are dull and the plastic needles don't slide nicely through yarn.

Ginny, I don't find any of that with my Denise set, especially in comparison to some of the lesser circular needle brands that I bought before I knew better. It's funny how many ways we all react to the same things.

cheesiesmom
04-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I use my denises for practically everything. I hardly knit on straights anymore.

Since I have the denises, I guess I'm too cheap to buy a set of options; however I do prefer the resin to metal. I poke my finger too much with metal.

kellyh57
04-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I love my Denise's! I had the options for a few weeks and after breaking 3 of the 4 cables, I sent them back for a refund! I haven't broken a thing on these in 3 months of using them almost exclusively! I've bought extra cables too- quick and cheap! I dropped stitches like crazy on Options; haven't dropped one yet with Denise. I like how it's a little more grippy than most needles. I used to knit very tightly so I've learned to loosen up a bit. I love the flexible tips too. I can't say enough good things about them.

Kelly