PDA

View Full Version : March was a sad, sad month

NC Girl
04-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Anybody that knows me, knows that I'm such the cat lover. I lost two of my babies in March and I am a complete basket case.

On March 8th, my cat Punkin (in my avatar) and my bobtail Hollister were ripping through the house. They play really hard and I never thought much about it. I was back here in my office getting ready to work and my best friend, Little John, was in the kitchen getting his coffee before work. I heard a crash and he said that the diningroom chair rocked up in the air and Punkin just gasped a couple of times and fell down. I went flying in there, but it was too late. Little John tried to give him mouth-to-mouth, but it wouldn't work. I called DH on the phone, hysterical and he came back home. It was such a freak accident too. This was the sweetest natured kitty you've ever seen.

Then on Easter Sunday, my 18 1/2 year old cat, Callie, started getting sick. I took her to the vet and they worked with her, but by Friday it was too late and we had to let her go. I am so terribly heartbroken by all of this. That little girl has been by my side all these years and it's like a gaping hole in this house.

I work at home and everyday I keep looking around for these kitties. It is so sad and heartbreaking.

On top of all that, I'm a very nervous person. Evidently during all this, I gritted my teeth to the point of no return and had a toothache like no tomorrow. My dentist couldn't see me for about a week and a half, but he did call in some antibiotics for me to take. Now I get to fret about going to the dentist as I'm scared to death of a dentist.

CBH

Ronda
04-08-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm so sorry about your pets. :hug:

Mulderknitter
04-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. :pout:

Knitting_Guy
04-08-2008, 09:24 AM
That is sad. Sorry for you. I lost my last cat exactly one week before Christmas in 06.

dustinac
04-08-2008, 09:37 AM
:hug: :heart: :hug:

Spikey
04-08-2008, 10:00 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved kitties.

Knit4Pie
04-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm so sorry, and all at the same time (just about) too!:cry:

bailsmom
04-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry for your terrible losses. :verysad:

:grphug:

Becky Morgan
04-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I am so sorry! It's hard enough to lose them (you must be a really good catmom when Callie lived that long!) but to lose two so close together...ow. Just ow.

Eccie
04-08-2008, 11:51 AM
oh, I'm so sorry for your loss and your looming dentist visit.

Wanda Witch
04-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Oh, I am so sorry for your losses. The only thing a pet ever does to hurt us is when they leave us with holes in our hearts. They are in your heart now and forever though. My sympathy to you.

willowangel
04-08-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm so sorry - such terrible losses :-( *huge hugs* Make sure you look after yourself *more hugs*

spectorkitty
04-08-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm so sorry about your kitties! I know how you feel, exactly. I lost my spector kitty in almost the same way, he was chasing a toy mouse and smacked into the refrigerator. He just collapsed. I tried mouth to mouth, nothing. He was overweight and I think maybe his heart just couldn't take it.

We have talked a bit about Medical Transcription school and I wanted you to know I am going for it. You made me believe I could do it.

I will be thinking good thoughts for you and for your dentist appt.

Sunshine's Mom
04-08-2008, 02:49 PM
So sorry for your losses. :hug: :heart:

Dangles
04-08-2008, 07:27 PM
:hug: I'm sorry to hear this.

evona
04-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I am so sorry for you loss! :hug: :hug: :heart: :heart:

Silver
04-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :verysad:

scout52
04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I am so sorry. my heart goes out for you.

princess
04-08-2008, 09:07 PM
im so sorry for your loss...at least your cats can be together now

saracidaltendencies
04-08-2008, 10:24 PM
:hug:I'm so sorry for your loss

auburnchick
04-09-2008, 12:15 AM
:hug:

Cynamar
04-09-2008, 12:28 AM
So so sorry. I can't imagine losing my baby.

newamy
04-09-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm sorry about your two kitties. It's hard loosing part of your family. My old kitty died about 6 weeks ago. It's weird not having a cat about; sometimes I still unconsciously look for her.

NC Girl
04-09-2008, 05:38 AM
Thank y'all so much. It means a lot to me!

CBH

Knit4Fun
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm so sorry for your losses. I've got six (yep, that isn't a typo) cats...three of which were mine prior to marriage and they are my babies too. I've had pets all my life and the only consolation when they are gone is that you had that time with them and you made their life wonderful when so many others don't get that. Maybe that is something you can hold onto when you feel sad. I'm here for you.

:hug:

knittingymnast
04-12-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm sorry for your loss! :hug:

Hygiene Mama
04-14-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm so, so, so sorry for your losses. I can't imagine what you're going through. Our cat, Higgins, just turned 12 and I can't imagine our life without her. Pets are like your own children....they've been with you through everything. My condolences to you and your family.:hug:

CountryKitty
04-14-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitties. How's Hollister holding up? One of the saddest things that happened after the loss of my white cat 3 years ago was when one of the 2 younger cats searched the house for her...checked all her favorite sleeping spots and finally bounded up onto the end table (which he never did before) to stare very hard at me in hte most perplexed way. 'Pete' was very obviously wanting to know what the H*ll happened to 'Linda'. I cried all over again. Someone later gave me a white kitten, and even after Snowy was a well established member of the household, I sometimes thought he was Linda for a moment.

Hugs to you and Hollister.