PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! Charity Squares for NIU Victims Families

kellycarr05
04-08-2008, 02:17 PM
NIU Charity Blanket Squares

I'm sure most of you are now all aware of the school shooting at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb Illinois. I would like to make blankets for the victims families. I am collecting squares--knit or crochet!!! The colors are black, red, and white. The mascot is a husky. After they are finished they will be sent to the school and given out. Please email me or PM me. Contact me to get the mailing address. The NIU Foundation is helping with the cost of shipping them to the families. We need enough squares for 5 families!!!We can do this!!!
Thanks
Kelly Carr

Please make them with soft yarn - something washable like Encore or redheart- and make them 8x8 squares.
The deadline for the squares is August 1.
I Challenge everyone to make 1 square a week....we need 5 blankets!!!!!!
I know we can do this!!!!!!!!!11
If interested please email me at kellycarr05@hotmail.com (kellycarr05@hotmail.com) or check out knittinghelp.com under “charity knitting forum” for more updates!

kellycarr05
04-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks...we still nedd more!!!
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: :cheering: :woot: :happydance: :hug: :knitting: :happydance: :happydance: cloud9 cloud9 cloud9 cloud9 cloud9

kellycarr05
04-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Please check out the NIU blanket thread....I need help on the 5 blankets and would love any help I can get.
Thanks,
Kelly
:knitting: cloud9

cheley
04-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Please check out the NIU blanket thread....I need help on the 5 blankets and would love any help I can get.
Thanks,
Kelly
:knitting: cloud9 Checked your post...What do you need help with???? Let me know:hug:

kellycarr05
04-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I still need help making 8x8 squares for the NIU families.
All I need is (1) 8x8 square from each person in red, black or white. Just 1....if everyone made 1 square the balnkets would be done before the deadilne..we need 5 blankets.
PLEASE!!!!!!!
If you can send me a message!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Kelly

kellycarr05
04-20-2008, 10:51 PM
347 more squares to Go!!!