PDA

View Full Version : sitting in the airport

vaknitter
04-09-2008, 10:12 AM
OYE my flight has been delayed 2 hrs at this airport so I'll miss my connection so I get to sit in the next airport for 2hrs and then into my destination (for a work conference) late and after the conference starts. This is not my day !! I opted to leave my knitting at home b/c it was supposed to be quick flights and really not too much time to knit once I get to the conference. WHY WHY WHY?
To top the trip off I screwed up my reservation at the hotel and so it was cancelled so I am now staying at a different hotel and will have a 10min walk through rain and snow with a broken ankle to get to/from the conference !!
thanks for letting me vent. Hope everyone else is having a better day.

saracidaltendencies
04-09-2008, 10:23 AM
:hug:That really sucks! Hope things get better!

bailsmom
04-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Ugh! Bummer. Can you take a taxi to your hotel even if it is only 10 minutes? That's a long haul on a broken ankle!!

snowbear
04-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh Hun... Now you know why knitters should always take some kind of knitting. It is worth the sanity...

Hope things go better for you..

Big Bear Hugs,,

dustinac
04-09-2008, 01:27 PM
:hug: :heart: :hug:

evona
04-09-2008, 01:30 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Silver
04-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Stuck in an airport without your knitting!! I'm sooooo sorry! :hug:

I spent all day in an airport before they decided to cancel my flight back in February. But I had my knitting with me. I can't imagine what you're going through. But at least you have WiFi access. ;)

ddhouser
04-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Gosh, what a mess!
I'm going to be traveling in a few weeks, and as a relativly new knitter you may be able to help me. Can you bring knitting on the planes? There has been so many restrictions, I thought I'd check to see if anyone knows.
Thanks!

vaknitter
04-09-2008, 09:17 PM
As far as I know knitting is allowed on planes. I didn't bring mine b/c the only project I have OTN's is a baby blanket that is one skein away from completion. I was trying to pack everything for a 4 day conference into carryon luggage (past exp says checked luggage will NOT make it to Canada with me) and I had to bring presentation materials and a laptop so my book took less space than the blanket. Socks are great plane projects.