PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: Women's thread....question

letah75
04-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Ok, this is kind of an uncomfortable question, but last night I had the WORST cramping sensation on my pelvic bone. I don't have menstral cramps, and I'm about two weeks into my cycle. Anyone have any ideas. It hurt so bad. It lasted about 5 minutes, then pretty quickly tapered away. I have a slight pressure feeling, not painful, but I feel like everything is tight.

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen before? any ideas?

auburnchick
04-13-2008, 02:53 PM
It could possibly be a cyst on your ovary.

I had a cyst rupture several years ago, and it came on quite suddenly. I had to go to the ER because I was in so much pain and didn't know what it was. After an internal ultrasound (not fun when that part of you hurts), it was determined that a cyst had ruptured. My ob/gyn explained that women have lots of cysts every month, but that one will, occasionally, rupture.

I don't know if this helps any.

Hugs to you...hope you feel better soon.

letah75
04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
I ovulated not to long ago, and I always feel it, but this month (I think since I just recently went off of my BCP) it was really sharp. That was about 3 days ago.

I've just not felt this pain before. Last night's pain wasn't in my ovaries though, it really was straight on my pelvic bone. It was very low, and center, not on one side or the other.

auburnchick thanks for your response.

Cynamar
04-13-2008, 03:14 PM
You should see your doctor if it keeps up. I'm guessing that it's a change from going off BCP???

letah75
04-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Well I went to my doctor before I went off of the BCP. It was a planned thing. I went off on March 21st, well I guess the 20th because the 20th was the last day I took it, and on the 21st was my first day not taking it.

jjminarcik
04-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I second Auburnchick's response. I had that happen to me and that was the first thing I thought of when reading your symptoms. If it continues or gets worse I would definitely see your doctor.

Hugs!

Mulderknitter
04-13-2008, 07:18 PM
I say if it's a severe enough pain that you have never had before, go to your doctor. The least they should do is a pelvic exam, and/or an ultrasound. It does not sound like an ectopic to me, nor does it sound like menstrual cramps. This might sound icky, but a lot of times lower abdominal pain, even sharp pain, can be gas or poo. Have you had a bm? (so personal, sorry, but it might help so I had to ask because they will at the dr's office :pout: )
Please keep us updated! Any outcome you have might be useful for others.

bailsmom
04-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Queen of cysts here! :teehee: (although that means absolutely nothing to anyone since every womans internal organs are different!) Since you've been on the pill I would tend to lean away from it being a cyst. My cysts are always on my left or right side so with yours being in the center, well, it could have been gas. I know I've had some doosey cramps in my day. It'll be like someone just stabbed me in the gut and it lasts only a few moments, but it feels like forever, and then it goes away.

Are you sure you ovulated already?? Are you temping? If so, then you would know if you had ovulated already.

I always have sharp pains on my girly insides so that isn't unusual for me and I guess if it happens again I would call your doctor.

BTW, I always have to tell women if you are getting an interal ultrasound: It should NOT hurt when they do it, uncomfortable yes, but not hurt you. If it does hurt then say something right away!! I've found that for me, many of the women doctors do them quite rough and the men always seem to be gentler. Remember, just say something. I didn't say anything at first and I suffered quite a bit, so that's why I am telling you and anyone else reading this to speak up. (no offense to the women U/S techs out there who are gentle - I thank you:heart: )

I hope it stays away and you feel better very soon. :hug:

letah75
04-14-2008, 12:18 AM
It does not sound like an ectopic to me, nor does it sound like menstrual cramps. This might sound icky, but a lot of times lower abdominal pain, even sharp pain, can be gas or poo. Have you had a bm? (so personal, sorry, but it might help so I had to ask because they will at the dr's office :pout: )
Please keep us updated! Any outcome you have might be useful for others.

He he, ok your bm question cracked me up. I thought of that too and um....well that wasn't it. :teehee: Also it was too low for gas.

As for menstrual cramps, I'm 32 and I've never had them. Not even a little.

I would like to thank everyone for their responses.

letah75
04-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Are you sure you ovulated already?? Are you temping? If so, then you would know if you had ovulated already.

Oh yeah, I ovulated. In fact I ovulated on both sides this month. Left first, then about 4 hours later the right side. I'm one of those lucky ones....(<---kinda sarcastic here) who knows when I ovulate. It's a very sharp/pulling/stabbing pain.

I don't know. If it happens again, I'll go to the Dr. Thanks again to everyone.

Cynamar
04-14-2008, 12:35 AM
I can't place where it is exactly but could it be a kidney stone? Those are miserable!

Debkcs
04-14-2008, 02:48 AM
Before I had a hysterectomy (absolutely necessary, for cancer)during my cycle, I would have weird pains that could never be figured out by myself, my friends, or my docs. I'd be sitting at a table giving report to the oncoming shift and would suddenly scream and writhe. It would go away, but not before startling every other nurse in the room. They were so intense my vision would become hazy, not a good thing while driving. It happened at home, at church, at the Pike Street Market. Some of them felt like they were right on the pelvic bone, some in other places, none pleasant. The only time I didn't have these, or horrible periods, were the five years to the date after my son was born. Having my stupid uterous out was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Back to you! If it happens again,I'd go see a doc. You could have an adhesion brought on by some kind of change in your genitourinary system. Or, it could simply be a time of change after going off long term use of BCP's. Whatever it is, please let us know if you get to feeling better, or if the opposite is true.

stitchwitch
04-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Might be bladder related too. I know I've had some weird bladder pains that mimicked uterine or ovarian pain.

letah75
04-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Update:

I called my OB and talked to the nurse. She said it's likely either cramps or I'm pregnant. So I guess I have to wait until next week, and if I haven't gotten my period I need to take a pregnancy test.

If I do get my period but the pain continues, then I need to come in.

But I've had my period since I was 9 (I'm 32 now), I've never, my mom's never, no one in my family has ever had cramps.....so we'll see.

Thanks again for all your responses.

Cynamar
04-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Are we excited about a possible pregnancy?

GinnyG
04-16-2008, 02:34 PM
You most definately can have sharp cramplike pains early in pregnancy!! I always knew I was pregnant because I would get crampy menstral like pains but no period.

auburnchick
04-16-2008, 02:43 PM
:hug:

letah75
04-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Are we excited about a possible pregnancy?

Oh yeah! When I told FH what the nurse said I swear he just about jumped for joy. He's now insisting that is what is wrong...the only thing, I think it would be too early for symptoms. But who knows.

I should get my period any day now, so we'll see. If I am I'll be :woot: and so will FH. Between his mom, my mom and FH they'll probably have the house baby proofed and fitted in like 2 weeks of finding out. :teehee: He's been insisting I'm preggers for like 3 weeks. Apparently his sense of smell is stronger, he's tired all the time, he's hungry all the time, etc. I asked him if his breasts were tender and he told me "You hush! I know you're pregnant"....whatever, I think he's got baby lust since the neighbor's have a newborn. :-)

I'll let everyone know if it's Aunt Flo or no flo......ok, that was gross. Even I know that.

Oh, and BTW on a diff. topic, I have my wedding invitations, and my cousin did a bang up job. They are bbbbeeeaaauuutiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan in CA
04-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Two things...

1. Since you are so sensitive to the goings on of your body you might be feeling things that couldn't ordinarily be felt during pregnancy, but time will tell..

2. If you are pregnant there will be no living with FH/DH from now on. You will always be reminded of this when he needs to be right! :roflhard:

Cynamar
04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
I hope that's what it is!

Debkcs
04-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Now I'm all excited for you.

scout52
04-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm sending you preggers thoughts!! :cheering: :cheering:

KnittingNat
04-17-2008, 04:05 AM

Me too:cheering: Keep us updated!

Silver
04-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Me three! :hug:

dustinac
04-17-2008, 09:05 AM

:yay: me four!!

ladyjessica
04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Oooh. If that's what you're both hoping for then I hope you are. Sending good thoughts your way. Just imagine all the fun things you could knit. :teehee:

:hug:

letah75
04-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Two things...

1. Since you are so sensitive to the goings on of your body you might be feeling things that couldn't ordinarily be felt during pregnancy, but time will tell..

2. If you are pregnant there will be no living with FH/DH from now on. You will always be reminded of this when he needs to be right! :roflhard:

OMG Jan, you don't even know! He would never let me forget it. :roflhard: He's a nut! But he is so excited by even the thought. Honestly, I think it's much more likely that I got cramps for the first time in my life....Sigh, that would suck! I don't want them....We'll see though. I'll let everyone know.

Never thought I'd be talking about my monthly visitor on the internet...what a world.

Doodknitwit
04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
me five six or seven:blooby: :roflhard: :woohoo: :yay: :happydance: :hug: :waving:

iza
04-17-2008, 01:50 PM
I hope it's not cramps and that it's something better! :happydance:How exciting!

But if it IS cramps, it doesn't mean you'll be having them every month. I struggled with cramps since I'm 12, (I'm now 32) and in the past 12 months my cramps have been a lot less problematic. I have no idea why. Some months I don't have any, and other months the cramps are so bad I'm in bed for 2 days. :shrug:

The bcp is known to reduce cramping, so who knows, it could be related to that. But there are tons of possibilities: it could be related to stress, how much exercise you did in the past few weeks, what you ate, or the planets aren't aligned properly, go figure. :teehee: We women are very complicated creatures when it comes to our hormones! :teehee:

letah75
04-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah, hormones suck. :teehee:

letah75
04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Ok, all, again thanks. Apparently since this was my first period since I got off of the pill, it decided to come back with a vengeance and give me my first ever cramps.

One of these days there will be baby news but not now. :-)

scout52
04-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh I'm sorry. Hopefully next time it will be a baby. well the positive is at least your fiance won't be saying I told you so. I hope you feel better. Are you really disappointed?

Cynamar
04-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Aw, shoot!