PDA

View Full Version : Slippy Options

cristina61
04-13-2008, 04:26 PM
I've had my Knit Picks Options (the whole set of interchangeables) for exactly a year now and I'm crazy about them -- one of the best investments I've ever made. :inlove:

One thing I've noticed about them is that I can't use my regular rubber point protectors on them. I have those Clover brand cone-shaped ones, small is green and large is pink. They work fine for everything else, but the Options they just slip right off, no matter how firmly I push the tip in.

I recently bought my first Addi Turbo circular needle, and I found that my rubber point protectors stay on it just fine! For the Options I finally started using foam earplugs as point protectors.

Anybody else notice this "problem"? And if so, how do you handle it?

losnana
04-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I adore my Options too. I rarely use point protectors with them, though, since just slipping all the knitting onto the cable keeps it from slipping over the needle and off.

suecq
04-13-2008, 05:25 PM
As Losana said, I never use point protectors. I just slip the stitches to the cable and have never had a problem.

cristina61
04-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Actually, that's usually my experience too. But at the moment I'm working on Elann's Adult Pinwheel Sweater -- I'm knitting it on two circs, one a 32" Options and the other a 40" Addi Turbo.

I've got tons and tons of stitches and knitting including both sleeves since I completed those before doing the outside edge of the sweater. Not putting some kind of point protector on all the tips of my needles isn't an option (no pun intended).

But since the ear plugs are working for me, I'll just keep using them. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

And thank you for your responses. :)

Cynamar
04-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Maybe you could make a point protector? Use an eraser or something.

Knitting_Guy
04-14-2008, 12:32 AM
I don't use them either. I suppose if you really need to you could just remove the needles and use the cable caps that came with them. Kind of a pain though.

cristina61
04-14-2008, 01:05 AM
I suppose if you really need to you could just remove the needles and use the cable caps that came with them. Kind of a pain though. Agreed. I'd probably do that if I were going to put it aside indefinitely, but not so much for shorter periods of time.

redheadrachel
04-14-2008, 01:22 AM
I use Boye point protectors and they work fine on the Options. I use them all the time - I LOVE knitting gadgets :inlove:

Aliann
04-15-2008, 01:39 AM
I don't use point protectors either for my Harmony's I just slide my project down on the cable.

Debbie
04-15-2008, 05:44 AM
The foam ear plugs is a GREAT idea .... I don't use point protectors very often ... but ... like rachel ... I love knitting gadgets ... and searching for non knitting stuff to use for knitting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!