PDA

View Full Version : Same mistake

Anne
04-13-2008, 06:59 PM
I have not made this mistake in along time but when i do i cant for the life of me remember how to correct it.

I finished a row and turned my circular needles around. I am knitting (garter). When i went to stitch the first stitch i noticed the 2nd stitch had the ball of yarn attached not the first stitch.... So how do i knit the first stitch?? I am not knitting flat not in the round.

Last time i did this i thought i wrote the answer down and made a copy. If i did i am unable to find it and Amy does not have this mistake on her video's that i can find.. I know this is a common mistake and so wish she would of added to her list of mistakes on the videos.....
Thank you to those that answer...

Anne

Knit4Pie
04-13-2008, 07:13 PM
This may not be right, but when I get this, I usually just turn back the other way, slip it to the empty needle and 're-knit' it. I figure that if the yarn isn't attached to it, it hasn't been knit.

It will be good to know if I'm wrong and what I SHOULD do.

Newbie2Knitting
04-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I agree with Wenda. It sounds like when you were finishing your row, the last stitch just got slipped instead of knit.

Debkcs
04-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I agree with Wenda, it's happened to me, also.

Eccie
04-13-2008, 10:31 PM
yup, it happens to me too and that's what I do

ecb
04-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I usually just turn back the other way, slip it to the empty needle and 're-knit' it. I figure that if the yarn isn't attached to it, it hasn't been knit.

Perfect explanation

ecb

blueygh2
04-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Would happen to me as well from time to time, leaving me wondering what happened. But I have discovered that I can transfer that last stitch back to the other needle and re-knit it, as was said already. Should fix the problem

gingerbread
04-15-2008, 09:55 AM
When I taught my grandchildren to knit that is what would happen to them. I would show them to put the stitch back and reknit it. It happens all the time and what everyone has said is what I do also.

:waving:

gargoyle08
04-15-2008, 02:46 PM
This may not be right, but when I get this, I usually just turn back the other way, slip it to the empty needle and 're-knit' it. I figure that if the yarn isn't attached to it, it hasn't been knit.

That's exactly what I do as well.