PDA

View Full Version : Any nice yarn shops in Indianapolis????

cheley
04-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi again....Just found out DH is going to Indianapolis for a seminar (4 days) ANY COOL YARN SHOPS THAT WAY???? He said I could send him on a mission......:woohoo: Hurry and let me know he leaves in the a.m.

New Girl
04-15-2008, 05:54 AM
We are so blessed with wonderful knit shops in Indianapolis. Mass Avenue is the largest shop in the city. Mass Ave is on the city's near southside. Mass Ave also has a second shop in the quaint village-like atmosphere of Broad Ripple on the city's north side. Carmel has a quaint little shop called Keepsakes. Carmel is on the northside of Indianapolis. There also is a great shop with a wonderful selection of "must have" yarn near Keystone at the Crossing called Knit Stop. Finally, a sweet little shop can be found in Westfield (again north of Indianapolis) - Stitches and Scones. I must assume you are going to be downtown - so Mass Ave might be your best best. The shop's owner, Susan Brennan, is a fabulous knitter and always good for a few laughs. The atmosphere at Mass Ave is very laid back and always inviting for visitors. You can even bring your WIP and join the locals at the table. You can make it a perfect trip and visit all of our local fare. Either way - have a safe and wonderful trip!:p

New Girl
04-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Whoops - just saw that your DH is coming... Sorry that you won't be able to enjoy our LYS. I'm certain any of the shops will make him feel right at home!

hartleystudio
04-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Howdy:

I am going to Indy for the weekend for a wedding very soon and was wondering if any of those shops are open on Sundays??? If you could only go to one on a Sunday, which one?? I'm very familiar with Indy and have been there often but never as a knitter. My DH is always wanting to get fun yarn for me and I want to give him the chance while we are there!!!

Thanks for the help!!