PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Hiya Hiya knitting needles?

knittingmama06
04-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to this board.

I am a self taught knitter and I need better needles. Another board I am on (cloth diapering board) is doing a co op for Addi's and a member pointed me in the direction of Hiya Hiya's, which are almost identical to Addi's (differences being they aren't as shiny and the cable is clean nylon, not gold or opaque). I can get the HH's locally for the same price as the Addi co op price but I can't find any feedback on them except for my one knitting friend...

Anyone ever use the hiya hiya's? Do you like them? How do they compare to Addi's?

Thank you in advance!

Cynamar
04-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I haven't used either, but I know that the gal on the DVDs that I used to make socks swears by the Addi Turbo needles. She even sells them on her site. If I strayed from Knitpicks' needles that's what I would try.

WildMountainHoney
04-16-2008, 03:26 PM
I haven't had Addi's, but I have some Hiya Hiya's in 00 and 000 for socks, and I like them just fine, no problems at the join, etc.

scmomof4
04-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I have Addis and Hiya Hiyas. :heart: I love them both. They are so smooth and light.

I REALLY love the Addi lace needles for my finer work because of the finer points.

rsinct
05-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi! I am newer as well. I tried Hiya Hiya Bamboo (size 6 circular) on the recommendation of my yarn shop owner/mentor and wow! I had been using metal, but my yarn slipped off and I'd drop stitches. I tried plastic but they didn't feel right. I had tried Clover bamboo and they were just right (just like Goldilocks) but still had issues with the cable twisting even after I had heated it in boiling water. The Hiya Hiya Bamboo are simply the best. They are smooth, yet don't let my yarn fall off. And the cord does not kink, bind, get in the way. I didn NOT have to soften it in boiling water or anything. I highly recommend these needles!

knitmom
05-11-2008, 07:16 AM
I've used both HiyaHiyas and Addis, and I like them both. I've found that the Hiyas are a little heavier and noisier in the bigger sizes (above US10), but in the smaller sizes, they're just like Addis. I love that they're way cheaper, and I can buy them locally.