PDA

View Full Version : Favorite yarn from Knit Picks?

gamerchik
04-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I haven't tried many of their yarns yet, but I LOVE the Swish Superwash...it is so soft! I'm using it for a baby cardigan right now and I just love it! :D

What are some of your favorites, what projects are they great for, and why?

Cynamar
04-16-2008, 04:14 PM
A huge portion of my stash is from Knitpicks! I went crazy for my birthday and then again at tax refund time. I love Shamrock. It's heavy and tweedy and I love the colors. I buy a LOT of Wool Of The Andes and Telemark. I have others in my stash that I haven't knitted with yet. Twirl is fun! I can't decide what I want to do with it yet. I want Andean Silk to use for shrugs that I want to make for Christmas--or at least for myself!

Plantgoddess+
04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
So far I've made 3 pr of socks with Palette. I have enough Essential for another pr of socks to be cast on tonight or tomorrow. I've also started a shawl using Shadow. I also have some Gossamer. I love them all. The softest and smoothest feeling is the Essential which is a superwash. The others are all 100% merino wool. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

Jax3303
04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
I think I'd have to say the Gloss Sock yarn. I just wish it were available in more colors. Gloss is really soft, and the silk adds a really beautiful sheen to the yarn. I'm really eager to try the new gloss lace weight.

suzeeq
04-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I buy lace and fingering weight because I can't readily get them here... at a low price.

gingerbread
04-17-2008, 08:19 AM
I buy all my wool yarns at KickPicks and my less expensive yarns at Michaels. Both have never let me down. I use a lot of the sock yarns from Knitpicks because Michaels doen't carry it.

Koehnae
04-17-2008, 08:30 AM
I haven't used a lot of yarns from KnitPicks, but what I have used has encouraged me to try more. The quality of the yarns is better than you'd expect for the cost. I knit a lot of socks and my personal favorite is Essential sock yarn. I'd like to try Gloss once my stash has been used up a bit. I've also used and liked Wool of the Andes and Crayon, but I've heard both can be pretty lousy when it comes to durability. No problems myself... so far.

knittingymnast
04-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Uh....uh....uh....I can't choose!!!! I LOVE KP Gloss though.....

redheadrachel
04-18-2008, 10:24 PM
I use a lot of the Essential and I like it. Today is my first experience with the Shadow laceweight and I really, really like it. It's not standing up too well to frogging, but if you don't have to rip out a lot, it seems to be excellent.
It is SO dirt cheap for the yardage and variety and everything. It's soooo worth it.