PDA

View Full Version : Now I Can Die a Happy Woman!

annomalley
04-17-2008, 07:06 PM
I saw Johnny Depp in person yesterday! cloud9 I had to share!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2421310409_efda1c5e61.jpg

He is in Oshkosh, WI this week filming the movie Public Enemies, which is about John Dillinger. After work yesterday, my husband and I drove down there to watch some of the filming. We didn't see much, since they kept people far away and out of camera range. At one place where we were standing, we were ushered back behind some cones because the film crew was turning the cameras around to film in the other direction. Through the binoculars, we could see them filming a bank robbery scene and you could hear the tommy guns, they were so loud. Then we saw one of the old cars driving away.

After they were done filming for the day, Johnny came out and shook hands with people. My husband snapped the picture above. We were actually standing closer than what it appears because my DH had to hold the camera up so he could get a picture.

I don't live in Oshkosh, but I live close enough to it that I go there enough and am familiar with the city. This movie is all everyone is talking about. Last Sunday, we went to downtown Oshkosh and got to walk around on "the set". It was so cool how the movie crew redid the buildings to make them look like they were in the 1930's and it was cool to see all the props in the windows. We got to look in the windows and take pictures and walk around. It's rather funny because my DH is a major movie geek and he's geeking out over the movie making part of this, and I'm having a major fan girl moment. :teehee: I still haven't come down yet.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.flickr.com/photos/msannomalley/2421310409/%22%20title=%22Johnny%20Depp%20in%20Oshkosh,%20WI% 204-16-2008%20by%20Ms.%20Ann%20O%27Malley,%20on%20Flickr% 22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2421310409_efda1c5e61.jpg%22%20width=%22500%22%20h eight=%22333%22%20alt=%22Johnny%20Depp%20in%20Oshk osh,%20WI%204-16-2008%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E

mwhite
04-17-2008, 07:12 PM
You lucky girl!!! He is dynamite, isn't he? I do so dearly love his Pirates of the Caribbean movies! Oh heck, I love all his movies!!!

feministmama
04-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Wow. That looks like fun. We never get the big stars here. Lots of WE movies here with no big names.

dustinac
04-17-2008, 07:32 PM
:woot: cool!

flea
04-17-2008, 07:38 PM
I so would've had a major fangirl moment as well. I've been fascinated with him since 21 Jumpstreet. I am shocked and amazed that he looks that pretty in person! Wow. The genes that guy has.

Mulderknitter
04-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I may just have peed myself. Yep. Seriously. I once met a famous author (Joyce Carol Oates) at a signing, and since she is my hero and writing mentor I instantly went dumb and stammered some inane gibberish at her. I can't imagine being in the same room as that gorgeous hotness. Yup. Would've wetted myself for sure.:roflhard:

Inis
04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow. That's great that he came over to the fans - the mark of a true star I'd say.

I was in Omaha, NE when Shannen Doherty was shooting there. Not a nice person that one ;)

scout52
04-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Lucky girl. He looks so pretty in that pic!!

Cynamar
04-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I just told Julianne. She's squealing! She LOVES Johnny Depp. She envies you!

PCwombat
04-17-2008, 10:19 PM
That's so cool!!! I know how awesome it is to see fave actors. :) I once went to a Buffy the Vampire Slayer convention, and got to take a pic/get an autograph with James Marsters! (He plays the blond vampire, Spike.)

Getting to see Johnny in person. How incredibly awesome. :)

Cynamar
04-17-2008, 10:36 PM
I used to drool after him on 21 Jump Street. It's so funny to hear J talk about a guy and hear her say, "He's hot but not Johnny Depp hot". Poor dudes can never compare to him or Orlando Bloom. It's funny because Johnny is older than her mom!

saracidaltendencies
04-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Ok, I am totally jealous

sinistral_needler
04-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Oh, you lucky lady! I have not gone down there but it would be neat to see the set!

annomalley
04-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Wow. That looks like fun. We never get the big stars here. Lots of WE movies here with no big names.

Neither do we, except for concerts. It was nice that something this exciting happened involving someone famous that didn't involve professional football. :)

I may just have peed myself. Yep. Seriously. I once met a famous author (Joyce Carol Oates) at a signing, and since she is my hero and writing mentor I instantly went dumb and stammered some inane gibberish at her. I can't imagine being in the same room as that gorgeous hotness. Yup. Would've wetted myself for sure.:roflhard:

:roflhard:

Wow. That's great that he came over to the fans - the mark of a true star I'd say.

I was in Omaha, NE when Shannen Doherty was shooting there. Not a nice person that one ;)

He did it twice that I know of. He did it on Monday, which got on all the local news channels and he did it on Wednesday night, which is when I was down there. I read in the paper that he did the same thing when they were filming down by Columbus (near Madison I believe), too. Some people wouldn't have bothered, and others might have done it once, but he did it TWICE!!

Oh, you lucky lady! I have not gone down there but it would be neat to see the set!

Last Sunday, we went down and got to walk around "the set" and look in windows and all that. I even posed for a picture in front of that "wall" that they've shown on TV so many times. It was so cool! It's going to be a trip when I go see this movie and know that I got to walk around a real movie set, even if it's only downtown Oshkosh.

Ronda
04-22-2008, 07:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I'm impressed that he did that. Love the Pirates movies!

Lindsey H
04-22-2008, 11:34 AM
:inlove: :inlove: Johnny is the only star I go ga-ga over. I bought a Captain Jack coffee mug in DisneyWorld last year. Every morning I have my coffee with Johnny. I love the movies he makes with Tim Burton. They are so quirky and beautiful. I even loved Sweeney Todd. I love quirky guys. My dh is one and I'm crazy about him :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: .

annomalley
04-24-2008, 08:03 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I'm impressed that he did that. Love the Pirates movies!

I am, too. I keep telling DH that I still can't get over that he did that...TWICE!!! :cheering:

:inlove: :inlove: Johnny is the only star I go ga-ga over. I bought a Captain Jack coffee mug in DisneyWorld last year. Every morning I have my coffee with Johnny. I love the movies he makes with Tim Burton. They are so quirky and beautiful. I even loved Sweeney Todd. I love quirky guys. My dh is one and I'm crazy about him :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: .

Yes, there's a lot to be said about quirky guys. I love 'em, too! :inlove:

Silver
04-24-2008, 09:15 AM
:mrgreen: Lucky girl!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-24-2008, 09:50 AM
LUCKY BUM!!!!! Damn, and to think he was only like 2 and a half hours from me and I didn't even know it! So close and yet so far.