PDA

View Full Version : Going to Surprise my Mom for her Bday

scout52
04-18-2008, 02:19 AM
So in a totally last minute decision today I decided to surprise my mother for her birthday. I live in San Diego and she lives in NY. She turns 50 on April 25 and my brother turns 25 on April 30. My siblings have planned a spa and brunch day for all of them besides me since I live on the west coast for April 28. My mother is going to get a FULL shebang treatment and we are all pitching in.

This week we found out my mother had to have a biopsy. totally freaked us out. we think its just endometriosis (sp?) that just reached her womb but still kinda scary since we don't have the results yet. But it made me want to be with her on their shared birthday celebration instead of just pitching in.

So I got together with my siblings and we are all in it together. my little sister is going to pick me up. My twin is going to get my mom out of the house and my brother is going to let me in the house so I can be there to say surprise. She is going to be so happy. My siblings are so happy I am doing this. We haven't spent mom's and brother's birthday together since I went away to college in fall 95.
:) :) :) :) I can't wait to see her face when I surprise her. :) :) :)

sue in canada
04-18-2008, 07:31 AM
What a great thing to do for your mother and wonderful that all the family can be together. Have fun and enjoy the time spent with them.

Cynamar
04-18-2008, 08:47 AM
That's awesome! I hope you all have a wonderful time together!

dustinac
04-18-2008, 09:20 AM
:yay: That's wonderful!! She is going to love that

mwhite
04-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh! How exciting and she WILL love it! In fact, she'll be absolutely thrilled! Great idea, Daughter!!!

sinistral_needler
04-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Any mother would just be overjoyed! Seriously! This will probably be her best birthday every.

scout52
04-18-2008, 10:35 PM
So we decided to go even farther. My mom is going to my twin's house the night before I get there sooo my little sister and brother are going to decorate the house and get a cake and my twin is going to make sure she doesn't bring my mom back until right after I get there so the three of us and my twin can go SURPRISE!! ahhh the joy of the electronic age where we can make sure we can text her to let her know when I land. :) I'm so excited. I talked to her today and she has no idea!!!

alleusion
04-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm doing the same thing for my mom for mother's day. I just moved from San Diego and now live in eastern Canada. The baby and I are flying to Los Angeles the day before Mother's Day to surprise her.

Let us know how your surprise goes!

scout52
04-18-2008, 11:48 PM
I will. Oh you make sure you tell us how it goes when you surprise your mom!! will this be the first time she meets the baby?

Jan in CA
04-19-2008, 01:13 AM
What a wonderful surprise!!

knitnj
04-19-2008, 07:20 AM
coming from a mom (even though my kids are still young) it will be a memorable b'day. Just going thru the effort shows how much you love her. Wonderful idea! ENJOY the time with your family!

scout52
04-19-2008, 05:19 PM
coming from a mom (even though my kids are still young) it will be a memorable b'day. Just going thru the effort shows how much you love her. Wonderful idea! ENJOY the time with your family!

Thank you for saying that. that put tears in my eyes. My mom is just great. She has done a great job. She had me and my twin while still in high school yet we turn out to be good kids who went to college and I went to post grad. I just want to show her how much we all appreciate and love her. especially right now with the biopsy and her big 50th birthday. I just want her to know just how special and loved she is.

Wanda Witch
04-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I would say both your mom and 'alleusion's' mother are very lucky indeed to have such caring daughters. Have a wonderful time - all of you - and many more Happy Birthday's for both your mothers.

snowbear
04-19-2008, 06:29 PM
That is awesome.. Enjoy and take lots of pics!