PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

nonny2t
04-18-2008, 09:21 AM
I firmly believe in the power of prayer and ask selfishly for prayer from you prayer warriors out there. I go in on Monday morning at 9 AM and have surgery again on my colon. They are supposed to be doing a reattachment since the colon has healed from my diverticulitis attack. If they get in there and he has to remove more colon, which is not expected, then he may not have enough to reattach and I will have to live with the ostomy bag. Either way, I just ask for prayer that I come through ok. I believe that life is precious in whatever form it takes so I can live with whatever I have to face one way or another.

Thank you all so much for all the support you have given me with this! I will post in a couple weeks when I get back home and let you know how it went!

In the meantime, I hope to continue on my first pair of socks! :woohoo: and two sweaters I am knitting right now. What better time to knit then sitting bored in a hospital room. Thanks to Silver as I have printed out the 40 some pages to her tutorial and am taking them to the hospital to follow along and knit my socks! :wink:
Donna :)

dustinac
04-18-2008, 09:22 AM
:hug: :pray: :hug:

mwhite
04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
You got it, Donna! I hope your surgery will be a huge success and many prayers of hope going up for ya! :hug: :muah: :pray:

stitchwitch
04-18-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm rooting for ya' and I'll definitely be thinking of you all day Monday and the coming weeks. Please post ASAP so that we all know you're ok. :hug:

Cynamar
04-18-2008, 09:38 AM
You betcha. I believe in prayer, too. What an opportune time to knit! Make your family wait on you.

sue in canada
04-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I hope your surgery is a great success and send healing thoughts for a quick recovery.

KnittingNat
04-18-2008, 11:41 AM
:hug::hug::hug:

DQ
04-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I hope all goes well for you :hug::hug::hug:

jjminarcik
04-18-2008, 12:35 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

scout52
04-18-2008, 12:57 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

auburnchick
04-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Donna,

It's never selfish to ask for prayers for yourself. I will be thinking and praying for you.

:hug:

CountryKitty
04-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Donna,

It's never selfish to ask for prayers for yourself....
:hug:

Megadittos! "Ask and ye shall receive....": you've asked and you're receiving....prayers headed from my :heart: to his ears on your behalf.

:grphug:

cindycactus
04-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Healing Prayers coming your way. Hope your surgery goes well. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Dangles
04-18-2008, 05:46 PM
:hug: :pray:

They're on the way, Donna.

Denise in Michigan
04-18-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm praying for the best possible outcome for you, sweetie!

Knit4Fun
04-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Donna,

I will gladly pray for you. My DH had to have the junction between his small and large intestine plus a small amount of large intestine removed last fall due to an obstruction (he has Crohn's disease). It was a rough time for us all but thankfully with LOTS of prayers and love (and my Dad's wonderful visit from MN), we came through. We weren't sure if he would have to have the ostomy bag either, but we were fortunate and he did not.

I don't know if you have a support system where you are to talk to and help you through this, but if you want to talk with someone who knows a lot about what you are going through...to vent or discuss your concerns, I know DH would be happy to talk with you. PM me if you need that support - we are happy to help and in the meantime, we will most definitely pray for you and your health.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

mks22300
04-19-2008, 01:47 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

missmom31
04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you, your doctors and the hospital staff taking care of you. You sound like you have a great attitude, that is half the battle. Keep us posted.