PDA

View Full Version : 1st Anniversary Trip! picture heavy

The.Knitter
04-18-2008, 08:11 PM
We went to Niagara Falls on Sunday and came home again on Tuesday. In between those two times, we kept busy and had a wonderful time. Here are a few pictures of some of the places we went to, and one picture of the chapel where we got married last year (but this time the picture was taken at night).

auburnchick
04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Beautiful pictures! Whatever did you do with Boots?

The.Knitter
04-18-2008, 08:17 PM
We had to get a dog minder for him for a few days. I really missed him a lot. We had a wonderful time though. It was very busy, but we did all sorts of tourist things. We did all the things this time that we didn't have the time to do last year.

knitgal
04-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh, Christine it looks like you two had a wonderful time! I just love Niagara Falls, I went there for my birthday actually.
The chapel is so pretty, especially at night. And I bet you had fun with that heart shaped tub *wink wink*

The.Knitter
04-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh, Christine it looks like you two had a wonderful time! I just love Niagara Falls, I went there for my birthday actually.
The chapel is so pretty, especially at night. And I bet you had fun with that heart shaped tub *wink wink*

No comment on the tub. Note the red rose? That's what the minister that married us sent for our anniversary! I think that was really nice of her. It was our only gift so it was twice as special to us. And yes, we had a wonderful time!

Isn't it a wonderful camera? These pictures look like post cards to me. I am so pleased with it. It's what DH got me for my birthday but he is letting me use it so I don't miss a single picture anywhere. It's a Nikon and we got such a deal on it. It even came with a one hour lesson on how to use it. Life is great!

cacunn
04-18-2008, 09:09 PM
From the looks on your faces it appears that honeymoon is not over. Congratulations on a wonderful year and many more that are even happier.

sue in canada
04-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Great pictures with the new camera Christine. You had fantastic weather and the falls look beautiful in the sunshine. So they really do have heart shaped tubs in the rooms. I won't make any comment. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Cynamar
04-18-2008, 09:25 PM
I love the tub! Glad you had a nice trip. I would've minded Boots for you.

Dangles
04-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH. Glad to hear you had a nice trip :) At least the weather is cooperative.

scout52
04-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Its so gorgeous!! you look like you had a fabulous time. everytime I see your picture I always get surprised that your a grandma!! You are one hot young grandma!

The.Knitter
04-18-2008, 10:42 PM
OK so I just have to post a wedding picture then, because I looked a LOT younger in those pictures than I do now. It's been a rough winter for me! My DH is often asked if the woman in the picture is his daughter, which kind of makes me feel good but also feeling badly for him!

knitgal
04-18-2008, 10:50 PM
DAMN! Christine, you look beautiful in those pictures. I love your dress, so classy but very sexy. You look just as young now as you did a year ago! GORGEOUS!

KnittingNat
04-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Gorgeous pictures, Christine! You both look wonderful and young and full of love for each other:heart: Happy anniversary and i wish you many happy years together :muah:

Lisa1216
04-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Happy Anniversary to you both!! I'm glad you guys had a great time! I love the pics...they do look like postcards. It looks like the weather was great too. Aren't those heart shaped tubs great! :eyebrow: I like when you put bubble bath in them and the bubbles get out of control and explode all over the place! Your wedding pics are beautiful. It's nice to now put a face with a friend I've met on here. I bet Boots was glad to have you back home. Here's to many more anniversaries !!:clink:

sue in canada
04-19-2008, 08:43 AM
The wedding pictures are beautiful Christine. Love your dress and the red flowers look stunning with it. Is it one of those photos that you recently had made in the extra large size?

The.Knitter
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
No, that was the picture of us having our "dance". I put the quote marks there because all that happened through the dance was people saying "turn here, move there, lift your head, lower your head, etc." All DH wanted was one dance with me so we had our dance and a bit of it was truly enjoyed. The picture that was taken while we were dancing is now the poster hanging on our livingroom wall. We had our reception in the hotel restaurant so there was no place to dance there. The hotel manager allowed us to dance in the lobby, but just for one dance and only DH and I, not the whole crowd.

It sounds not very nice, but let me tell you it was very romantic, elegant, classy and VERY fancy.

I loved the red flowers with the silver satin. Anyone that knows me knows that I just HAVE to have red somewhere. I thought it looked really nice!

dustinac
04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
:yay: it looks like you had a wonderful time!! I love the wedding photos...very pretty!!

scout52
04-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I lOVE LOVE LOVE your wedding dress. you look pretty and sexy and young and in love. Your pictures are gorgeous. I think you look just as young now as you did last year. Your husband is very lucky.

Abbily
04-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Christine, you are beautiful!! I love the wedding pictures and the anniversary pictures as well.

cacunn
04-22-2008, 11:18 AM
My DH is often asked if the woman in the picture is his daughter, which kind of makes me feel good but also feeling badly for him!

Don't feel sorry for him, each time he hears it he probably thinks no not my daughter, she's my wife. How lucky I am to have such a beautiful women to love me and want to spend the rest of her life with me.

The.Knitter
04-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Awwww Chris, my head won't fit in my hat anymore! What a fantastic compliment. Thanks so very much. DH says that all the time to me, but I thought it was just him wanting more "honeymoon type ummmm treats" LOL!

Thankyou ALL for your compliments. Don't stop now haha! Actually I am sitting here blushing like crazy. I can't believe you all think these things. My mother always taught me that less is more, and so the dress was simple and elegant. The shoes, on the other hand, were pure feminine frippery, for which I paid dearly because I had blisters for days afterwards. They hurt, but they were worth it!

ritaw
04-22-2008, 12:22 PM
WOW !!
Those pics are beautiful . I am so glad that you had a great time Christine.
You make a lovely couple and your DH sounds like such a lovely man :)
What will you do for your 2nd anniversay ? :)

The.Knitter
04-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Probably the same as this one! It was fun, but we did not do the half of what we could have done because time was short.

Lisa1216
04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
You were short on time because of the heart shaped tub! :whistle:
(Sorry Christine, you knew I wouldn't be able to resist, lol)

The.Knitter
04-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Somewhat true, to be honest!!! Shhhhhh, we don't kiss and tell!

ritaw
04-22-2008, 01:29 PM
You were short on time because of the heart shaped tub! :whistle:
(Sorry Christine, you knew I wouldn't be able to resist, lol)

:yay: :rofl: :yay: :roflhard: :cheering: :roflhard: :roflhard: LOL I do not think that Christine took her knitting with her :knitting:

The.Knitter
04-22-2008, 01:31 PM
I thought about it, even packed a knitting bag, but left it at home.

Lisa1216
04-22-2008, 01:36 PM
As DH calls out from the tub, Christine yells back... "I'll be right there...I just need to finish this row" :roflhard: :roflhard:

The.Knitter
04-22-2008, 01:51 PM
That was what I thought too. "I have to just turn this heel Hon, then I'll be right there..." LOL! Lisa you are so bad (my kind of people)!

Lisa1216
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Too funny...I drop down into the gutter with my sense of humor every once in a while. Then I'm like "oops, should I have really said/posted that??" :) :hug:

cacunn
04-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Awwww Chris, my head won't fit in my hat anymore! What a fantastic compliment. Thanks so very much. DH says that all the time to me, but I thought it was just him wanting more "honeymoon type ummmm treats" LOL!

Has he introduced you as his trophy bride, young, beautiful and in love with me? I use trophy bride in only the best of terms as a prize that he wants to show off every time he can. Yes he deserves "honeymoon type treats" :muah: :heart:

The.Knitter
04-22-2008, 02:50 PM
No he has never done that. However, the other day we dropped in to his workplace and he introduced me to a man that he used to talk to when he was talking to me on the cell phone. The man had seen our wedding pictures and he said to me "I told him last year that I would be more than happy to have stood in for him during the honeymoon, but he would not agree to it, the greedy man". I laughed and blushed and it felt really good!