PDA

View Full Version : i'm over the moon

susi
04-21-2008, 09:54 AM
my gran passed away 2 yaers ago (and no thats not why im over the moon lol). finally i started looking through all the stuff she has had in storage for the past 15 pluss years. i have found 30 pluss pairs of needles and few odd skeins of yarn and masses of patterns. i have a to knit list as long as my arm now which is brilliant.jut need to buy lots and lots of yarn as at the moment i have been doign a jumper every 2 weeks (you can tell i have been working really hard :aww: )

a very happy susi

cindycactus
04-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Congratulations. What a find. :woot:

mwhite
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
How Wonderful and I bet she's smiling down on you as you sort through all her knitting goodies! My biggest dream is for my granddaughter to learn and love knitting!

Cynamar
04-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Your granny would be thrilled for you to have her knitting stuff and for you to be so excited to get it.

susi
04-21-2008, 10:19 AM
my gran actually tried to teach me since i was about 14 to knit. i just couldnt get what she was talking about. she was left handed but knitted right handed (odd i know lol), but it made learning hard. i have been using her old yarns patterns and needles from the start. i try and make things for my son with her yarn as i know she would love that. she adored my son far far more than me or my mum (her daughter), so it was always kind of fitting that that happened.

i just need to learn to crochet now as one of the patterns i have to do as its georgous needs crocheted sleeves and hood lol.

well better get back to the needles as i have soooo much i have to get made hehe.

susi

Ladylou
04-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow! Congradulations... I'm sure she's smiling in heaven, i'm sure you'll treasure her hidden gifts!:heart:

and wow! a jumper every two weeks? yes, you must be working hard!!:cheering:

Love,
Lexie:muah: