PDA

View Full Version : Hobby Lobby Commented on My Blog

auburnchick
04-21-2008, 05:59 PM
I got home today and had a message that I needed to approve a comment on my blog (this entry (http://auburnchick.wordpress.com/2008/04/18/i-spoke-too-soon/#comments), but I'm not pushing you to read my blog, mind you...).

At first, I thought it was a spam message. But when I read it further, I realized that a customer service rep had responded to specific comments I had made on my blog.

The whole thing started when I went out shopping for yarn to make a comfort throw for my daughter's friend's mother, who is having surgery to remove cancer.

I was limited because of the color of skeins they had available and had to settle for whatever they had.

Here's the comment:

Hi auburnchick,

Thank you for shopping at Hobby Lobby. Our store personnel are able to special order large quantities of any item that is stocked in our warehouse. I do understand you were on a time limit. However, for the furture we can place a special order for the amount you are needing. Please see store personnel for further information on placing a special order. Thank you again for shopping at Hobby Lobby.

Chelsea Shumard
Hobby Lobby Customer Service

Isn't that interesting?!

Just thought I would share!

Mulderknitter
04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Well, if that isn't super nice! They must have a computer thingy that looks for their name in blogs or posts. Still, very nice. Makes me feel better about buying yarn at the larger non-lys stores. thank you for sharing!

auburnchick
04-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Yes, that's what I figured. I thought I might have entered Hobby Lobby as a tag, but I just looked back, and I didn't. I did tag "I Love This Yarn," which is one of the yarns the store carries.

But you're probably right.

I did take the opportunity to ask her for a donation for our Oddball blanket projects. :teehee:

Cynamar
04-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Well, that's neat. Cool that they read it and that they responded and to know that we can order yarn there. Good for you for asking for the donation! Good thinking there.

WandaT
04-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Pretty Cool!!!!

heatherg23
04-22-2008, 02:46 PM
cool.....It's good to know that they can special order something if someone needs it. I love that store!

:thumbsup:
Heather

KnittinMitchie
04-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Cool auburn. I shop at Hobby Lobby a good bit of the time. Like their yarn selection :)

Jaxhil
04-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I like HL too-I shop there for knitting, art and sewing supplies. Its one of my favorite places, lol.

That's cool that they responded on your blog! Who'd have thought?