PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Stitch Pattern

Inis
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
We are going on a road trip tomorrow, so I want to take along an easy project to work on.

I have a beautiful lavender colored yarn that has thick and thin runs -- but over all is a chunky yarn.

I want to make a scarf in the round so that the fabric is double layered.

Suggestions on stitch patterns? I'm leaning towards something slightly lacy, but not sure if it'd work with the texture of the yarn.

suzeeq
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
With a thick and thin, somewhat chunky yarn, the simpler patterns - stockinette, seed, basket - look best. The texture comes from the yarn, a lacey pattern would get lost in it.

Jan in CA
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
To be honest I think a thick and thin yarn would best show up on a plain pattern. :think: Maybe someone will have some other ideas..

Jen17
04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
I jus saw somewhere on Knitting Help a double fabric in the round...this is driving me crazy....I am looking for it for you, but no luck so far...has anyone else seen it? It was either this morning or last night. Then I thought it might be on Knitty, but I did a search there and nothing....I swore I put it on my favorites too and it's not there either...maybe I'm dreaming, but I will keep looking!

Jen

Jen17
04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
[B][U]FOUND IT!!!!!!!

Maybe this is what you might be looking for?? I thought it was a nice stich, but I don't know if it will "go" with the yarn you want to use.

http://aemmeleia.wordpress.com/2008/02/22/eye-of-partridge-shawl/

Jen