PDA

View Full Version : 37C/98F and I'm trying to knit

KnittingNat
04-23-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm sitting at home now, because we have a Passover spring vacation, it's 37C/98F outside with very strong winds from the Judean desert and i'm trying to knit:passedout:. It's not wool, it's cotton and i really need to get these two sweaters started, because i want to bring them to my cousins in Moscow one month from now, so i have to get knitting quickly, but this weather is killing me :hair:. Add to that some painful mosquito bites :shock: ! Lucky my DH took the dog out in the morning, because theres no way i'm going to step outside :noway:.

Mirl56
04-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Goodness! That sure is hot!! Hope you have a fan to sit in front of!!

Happy Knitting--

anniep
04-23-2008, 06:57 AM
You crazy lady!:teehee: I hope you can get them done soon! Have a lovely holiday!

KnittingNat
04-23-2008, 07:02 AM
Goodness! That sure is hot!! Hope you have a fan to sit in front of!!

Happy Knitting--

I'm trying to stay away from fans for as long as i can, because my neck and back get stiff really fast. But it is super hot. I can feel my skin drying on me:teehee:

KnittingNat
04-23-2008, 07:03 AM
You crazy lady!:teehee: I hope you can get them done soon! Have a lovely holiday!
Thank you! And yes, i'm not all there as much as sanity is considered :teehee:

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
04-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Hope you're drinking LOTS of water... and have an air conditioner....

KnittinMitchie
04-23-2008, 09:57 AM
And I thought 93 was hot for texas. Well I guess 5 degrees isnt much. Stay cool

knitncook
04-23-2008, 10:00 AM
This is why I knit small things in the summer. We are just starting to warm up and have had some days in the 80's. Summer is not that far around the corner and we will be into what I call 90 cubed. 90+ with 90% humidity for 90 straight days.

Much empathy coming from Floirda!

KnittingNat
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
90+ with 90% humidity for 90 straight days.

:ick::ick::ick: How do you live there??!!! Lots of empathy coming your way from Jerusalem :hug:

Jan in CA
04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
It's still spring here so fairly cool most of the time, but a few weeks ago it was in the 90's with one day over 100F! :zombie: Last summer we had many days over 100 here in southern California. Ugh.. each summer seems to be getting hotter and I am only 10 mi from the beach! I am NOT looking forward to it this year as we have no a/c. I have to just about not knit in August.

I hope it cools down for you in the evening! :hug:

salos
04-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I would love to visit Jerusalem some time, mostly to meet people. Actually, I would like to visit Moscow some time also. Sigh.

I hope the weather cools off for you.

dturner
04-23-2008, 06:07 PM
I live in the Southeastern US, and we generally have at least a few weeks of stifling hot and humid weather! I just started knitting last winter, so this summer will be my first summer knitting. I have been thinking, too, about what I can knit when the weather gets really hot. I think I will probably knit some cotton ankle socks, or maybe a cotton summer scarf.

Hope the weather cools down soon!