PDA

View Full Version : Knitter's Block - opinions

KnittingNat
04-24-2008, 07:11 AM
I was browsing Ravelry and saw a link to a store called Coco Knits and there she has something called Knitter's Block - it's a blocking board that consists of a few pieces that are put together like puzzle, and you can make a large or small board, depending on the needs. The price is 48$. It sounds reasonable to me and i'm seriously considering buying this, if i won't have any other idea. Anybody uses this? Opinions? I'd love some input:cheering:

gingerbread
04-24-2008, 07:37 AM
I have seen them and I am going to buy some at the our walmart. They are made for kids to play on. The same thing and a lot cheaper. So if you have that type of store where you are I would try there first.
Also I have seen them at a Lowes and Home depot. They are I think larger than the ones for kids. I have those but hubby uses them in the yard. Which that is what they are for. I am going to look for them at those stores also. :thumbsup:

:waving:

KnittingNat
04-24-2008, 08:26 AM
I thought about it and i think that i can find something similar in a craft store around here. Thanks for the idea :thumbsup:

mwhite
04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Looks very tempting....what's it made of? I figured on buying some corkboard at Lowes and making one...

gingerbread
04-24-2008, 10:14 AM
The ones my dh has is made out of some sort of a rubberized something. What I like of them is that they can be made small or large. I think 3 across would be just about right for any project and then it what the length you also can make for as long as the project.
The pins would go in really easy to.

:waving:

Wildfire
04-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Hehe, I had been using a rather large pillow used to help you sit up in bed to block some of my smaller items and my futon for the larger items.... Let's just say i'd rather not have a wet futon again... Thanks for posting about this; now I've got an idea as to what I can use and a cheap alternative.