PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Gift

McKnitty
04-25-2008, 10:01 AM
What do you think would be a good thank you gift for a female co-worker? I've been going through my knitting books and I haven't found anything yet that I think would be appropriate.

Anything that has to 'fit', such as a sweater or socks, is too personal. Besides, a sweater takes too long! Ditto on a blanket or shawl. And it is already way too hot for a scarf, hat, mittens, or wrist warmers.

Do you think knitted wash cloths? Maybe with some scented soaps? Or would that be too personal as well? What about those knitted, mesh shopping tote bags - do those take an eternity to knit?

Is it possible that anything knitted may be viewed as too personal and I should just go buy something????

Rabbitrescuer
04-25-2008, 10:06 AM
I think knitted washcloths with scented soap would make a great gift. A shopping tote would be a good gift as well. I haven't made a shopping tote so I can't say how long they take.

mwhite
04-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I agree, knitted wash or dishcloths would be nice. I used to do a set with a dishcloth, toweltopper and a scrubbie... I have a cute little poem that goes with them if you're interested just holler!

McKnitty
04-25-2008, 10:29 AM
I agree, knitted wash or dishcloths would be nice. I used to do a set with a dishcloth, toweltopper and a scrubbie... I have a cute little poem that goes with them if you're interested just holler!

Cool! I'd like to hear the poem! Sorry if I'm being slow, but what is a toweltopper? And is the scrubbie something you knit, or are you talking about those plastic mesh ball 'thing-ies' you buy at the grocery store?

mwhite
04-25-2008, 11:17 AM
If you could wave a magic wand
and grant me special wishes,
I'd wish that I was by your side,
helping you wash the dishes...

Don't know about a thank you gift, you might need to change it or not. I found a scrubbie pattern somewhere.... maybe it was knitting.com or one of the free pattern links on the web. A toweltopper is actually a knitted section you add to a dishtowel...can be found on the Lionbrand site in the kitchen section. Fairly quick and simple, it tells you to make a chain stitch and pick up sts but I just knit it then sew it with my sewing machine to the towel. Some people cut the dishtowel in half, I just fold and iron mine to give me a crease and use the crease as a guide to sew to the edge of the knitted topper. Here's a few I've done...http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/MMQC/Kitchen%20Sets/

Mirl56
04-25-2008, 11:25 AM
http://1870pearl.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/02/rubadubdub.html

Here's the round scribbie pattern.

McKnitty
04-25-2008, 11:53 AM
If you could wave a magic wand
and grant me special wishes,
I'd wish that I was by your side,
helping you wash the dishes...

So cute! Thanks for sharing!

McKnitty
04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
http://1870pearl.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/02/rubadubdub.html

Here's the round scribbie pattern.

Oh my, that is adorable! Thank you for the link to the pattern. It looks easy. Is there really a knitted bath pouf too?

GinnyG
04-25-2008, 12:50 PM
How about a Booga bag?