PDA

View Full Version : i couldn't remember how to cast on!!

tarrentella
04-27-2008, 06:12 AM
i havnt knitted anything in almost 4 months due to feeling extremely 'meh' but today suddenly decided that my new teapot needed it's very own fuzzy tea cozy so set about to make it ... but i forgothow to cast on. I picked up the yarn measured out a length for a short tail cast, and began ... but it didnt feel right, so i stopped unravelled and thought that i musthave been holding the yarn the wrong way around, so i swapped over and started again . It still felt odd ... finally i gave in and decided to look at the videos for a refresher ... i ha it right the first time, i guess after such a break and using eyelash yarn, it just felt a little odd to my hands!

i feel so daft!

mathwizard
04-27-2008, 08:26 AM
I know the feeling. My sons refer to it as a brain asleep. They are always telling me when I get to forgetting and not being sure that my brain is asleep(the word they use isn't as nice). I just punch them in the arm and continue on.:yay:

Crycket
04-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Don't feel daft...Knitting is an adventure....and certainly we all have our days...

I am just really happy that on these days...I have my mom...and Knitting help to guide me...*smiles*

tarrentella
04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
brainsleep ... i like it!

Raeknitsnwa
04-27-2008, 11:36 AM
I think at some point we have all been there especially when we haven't knitted for awhile I know I had the hardest time remembering how to KFB once I picked up my knitting again lol :knitting:

Knitting_Guy
04-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Brain farts happen :rofl:

gingerbread
04-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I been there, doing so many socks it happened. I forgot how to turn the work. :shrug: I must have sat there for hours. I had to put it down for a day. When I picked it up the next day :woot: I saw what I did wrong I forgot to slip the first stitch so I could begin to knit it again. Oh well another brain fart down the drain.:roflhard:

:waving: