PDA

View Full Version : UK Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : [1] 2

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Several knitters from the UK have decided to make "Oddball Baby Blankets" for charity. The blankets have been coming along quite nicely.

Each knitter knits for 10 centimeters, then mails the blanket to the next knitter, with the stitches still "live" on the knitting needles.

When the blanket is complete, it is given to charity!

Here is our website, with instructions for the knitters in the United States. Hopefully, we will have a new website soon, just for UK knitters. :)

Regular Baby Blankets: http://oddballknitters.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Preemie Baby Blankets:
http://oddballknitters.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

GiddyKnitter
01-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi Shandeh
I would to be included in your blanket KAL xx

DQ
01-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Hello, Pauline told me about this thread, I've come to volunteer for the English blanket :)

Karina
01-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi
Thanks Shandeh for letting me know about this project. I would like to get involved with the english blanket. let me know what to do. I see from the post that it is a circus blanket. I imagine that to be bright colours.
thanks Karina

Shandeh
01-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks for joining, Karina!
Yes, the blanket will need bright colors, which should be fun to knit. :)
And welcome to the forum! :muah:

I'll send a private message to you, with the details.

GiddyKnitter
01-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi shandeh
Hows it doing with the list for the circus blanket? Have we got enough knitters yet?

Karina
01-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi
Have tried to find Caron Simply Soft here in the UK, Is there an alternative or do somebody here know where to get the yarn. I am a bit worried about not getting the right yarn.
It might be helpfull if you could post the yard/meter per ball of yarn and tension/size needle.
I don't want to send back a wonky blanket.
Thanks Karina

suziehomemaker
01-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Here's the information from the label:

100% Acrylic, worsted weight, 4 ply, machine washable and dryable
7 ounces/198 grams

Strange . . . I didn't see the yardage listed but here's the website for more details: http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_simplysoft.html

MAmaDawn
01-10-2008, 10:10 AM
You can order it on line too

Karina
01-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi MAmaDawn
is there any company that you can recommend. I usually only buy fabric from the us. I have looked at a couple of companies so far 2 won't do international and one had a $15 handling fee on top of the posting which I thought was a bit excessive.
When I buy fabric it is always sent to me in Global Priority Envelopes at $11, Which is good value for money.
Any thoughts would be helpfull. Thanks Karina

Spikey
01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Here are some other options:
Lion Brand Microspun
Red Heart Soft Yarn
Bernat Satin
You can also use some baby yarns, holding two strands together at the same time. Just make sure it's about the same thickness as worsted weight when you knit with it.
Here are some other options that Shandeh mentioned, are any of these easier to get in the UK than Caron Simply Soft? HTH

MAmaDawn
01-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm ordering it from Caron directly... it's at the link I posted with the colors... but I looked and didn't see what they said about international shipping.

If those aren't any easier and getting it from Caron is too much I will buy it and ship it to you. If you want to do this just pm or email me. I'll be glad to help with that.

Shandeh
01-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I will be glad to send several skeins of yarn along with the project, for you all to use. Believe me, I have a TON of yarn here! I'll be more than happy to share. You don't need to buy a thing! :hug:

Oh, and if it helps at all: Worsted weight is very close to aran weight.

Karina
01-10-2008, 03:23 PM
HI
Thanks SPIKEY I have managed to find an online shop where I can buy Lion Brand Microspun. Says it is light worsted, Will I have to double it up?

MAmaDawn that is a very generous offer, I checked Carons web site and on the registration form you could only put in a US address. If you have a paypall account and are sure it is not to much trouble I may take you up on the offer. Reading all these post it seems to be a popular yarn so am quite curious to know what it feel and knits like.

Sandy that is very kind of you, but this could turn out to be a bit of an addiction in it self. As I am reading through the post of this massive site. There is other charity projects that I would like to join. Really like the idea of the squares. I will eventually have to find an equivelant yarn from this country.

Thank you to all of you for your help and kindness:muah:
Karina

Shandeh
01-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi shandeh
Hows it doing with the list for the circus blanket? Have we got enough knitters yet?
Yes we do!!! I'll cast on the blanket tonight! :cheering:

Thanks SPIKEY I have managed to find an online shop where I can buy Lion Brand Microspun. Says it is light worsted, Will I have to double it up?
Sandy that is very kind of you, but this could turn out to be a bit of an addiction in it self. As I am reading through the post of this massive site. There is other charity projects that I would like to join. Really like the idea of the squares. I will eventually have to find an equivelant yarn from this country.

The microspun knits up almost exactly the same as Caron Simply Soft, so it should work very well. :thumbsup:

I'll send a skein of Caron Simply Soft along with the blanket. That way, all of you English knitters can see it!

GiddyKnitter
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Bless your heart xxx

DQ
01-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I've been looking through some of my stash and found this -->

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2097/2183248173_d128dfa9d7_m.jpg

which I'd like to use but I'd have to double or even triple it. Would it be ok or should I keep looking or buy something?

Shandeh
01-11-2008, 12:15 AM
If you double or triple-strand it, it will work fine. Is it acrylic?

DQ
01-11-2008, 10:47 AM
If you double or triple-strand it, it will work fine. Is it acrylic?

Yes it is :)

Shandeh
01-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Woo Hoo! The blankets are really going now!
:woohoo:

Last night, I finished the beginning of the "Circus Fun" blanket for the knitters in England. I'll be mailing it out this week. :)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2022/2194811897_b180790be3.jpg

I used Purple and Yellow Caron Simply Soft, sandwiched between two layers of a colorful, variegated Bernat Super Value. (That yarn is MUCH softer than I thought it would be!) :)

Karina
01-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi
I have found one circular knitting needle in my stash, however am not sure if it is a 6mm or 6.5 mm it is 50cm long. I will send it along with the circus blanket if that is going back to you or send it with the couple of squares that I am working on. which ever comes first.
Karina

DQ
01-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Woo Hoo! The blankets are really going now!
:woohoo:

Last night, I finished the beginning of the "Circus Fun" blanket for the knitters in England. I'll be mailing it out this week. :)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2022/2194811897_b180790be3.jpg

I used Purple and Yellow Caron Simply Soft, sandwiched between two layers of a colorful, variegated Bernat Super Value. (That yarn is MUCH softer than I thought it would be!) :)

Wow that's lovely! :cheering:

Karina
01-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi I have found a yarn Sirdar snuggly aran which is 55%acrylic and 45 nylon and machine washable. would that be ok. I did buy a 100% acrylic suppose to be a toddler aran but don't think it is that soft. I would not use it on my toddler thats for sure. Karina

Shandeh
01-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi I have found a yarn Sirdar snuggly aran which is 55%acrylic and 45 nylon and machine washable. would that be ok. I did buy a 100% acrylic suppose to be a toddler aran but don't think it is that soft. I would not use it on my toddler thats for sure. Karina
I love the Sirdar Snuggly, but it won't work for this project. The hospital has asked for the blankets to be 100% acrylic.

Thanks for asking! :hug:

GiddyKnitter
01-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I too would love to join in again...the purple one sounds lovely also Fairy Dance xx

Karina
01-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Add me to which ever blanket Pauline maddocks is doing since the blankets will already be in the UK we might as well get a few colours done before it goes back.

DQ
01-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I'll join on the Purple Passion if you'll have me :)

Shandeh
01-19-2008, 05:14 PM
I'll join on the Purple Passion if you'll have me :)
I'll have you! :teehee: You're on the list. :thumbsup:

Karina
01-22-2008, 03:13 AM
I have found a web site that sells Lion Brand Microspun, it is shown to be a DK or a size 3 is that right. is it still OK for this project.

Karina
01-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Went back over previous posts and see that this question has already been answered, so will order some today.

I see that Hollyp started a blanket, I think we should start a blanket here in the UK that way it will only have one trip across the pond.
I don't mind starting it off, any takers.

since blue and purple has been taken and since feb is fast approaching what about a valentine blanket all in reds and pinks. Let me know what you think

GiddyKnitter
01-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Karina
I will join you if thats OK x

Karina
01-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Pauline Thats brilliant any other takers. this is open to all just thought to get the english section done first before it goes over to the US. or if there are enough takers make it a UK blanket either way works for me.

DQ
01-22-2008, 08:39 AM
I can do the pinks and reds I think if I can post to another UK person. I can't always afford US postage :oops:

Karina
01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
THanks DQ hopefully we will get a couple of more people involved, but at the end I don't mind if whoever finish send the blanket back to me and I will post to Sandy.

If everybody is happy I will start this when I get my order of lion Brand Microspun that I ordered today. Hopefully I will have it by the end of the week.

Shandeh
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I see that Hollyp started a blanket, I think we should start a blanket here in the UK that way it will only have one trip across the pond.
since feb is fast approaching what about a valentine blanket all in reds and pinks. Let me know what you think.
If everybody is happy I will start this when I get my order of lion Brand Microspun that I ordered today. Hopefully I will have it by the end of the week.
Woo Hoo! :woohoo:
It's so cool to see this project getting a life of its own! You are MORE than welcome to start your own blanket, my friend.

Just cast on about 100 stitches, and be sure to knit the first 3 rows with all garter stitch. And begin and end each row with 3 knit stitches, so it will have a nice border. You can do whatever you want with the center stitches.

Be sure to get a tiny journal, big enough for the 6 knitters to each write a little something about themselves and the work they do on the blanket. The little journal will be kept with the blanket, and given to the child in the hospital when the blanket is complete.

I'll add your blanket to the list! :thumbsup: What would you like to call it? How about "Loving Hearts" or something like that?"

Karina
01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Loving hearts sounds good. I have already done a test in some other unsuitable yarn with stitches in purl and knit to make a heart. Think I can fit about four in a row. Or maybe hearts and X for a kiss havent made up my mind yet.

DQ
01-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Loving Hearts, what a nice name! :yay:

GiddyKnitter
01-23-2008, 11:05 AM
It's getting really exciting now Circus Fun will be in my hands any day now I am seen to be stalking our post lady daily now...She waves to me when she is passing if I don't have any mail!!!!

GiddyKnitter
01-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Karina
Which site are you ordering your Lion Brand Microspun etc

Karina
01-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi Pauline
I ordered from this company www.banyantreeyarns.com

GiddyKnitter
01-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Thans karina just placed an order x

Karina
01-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Recieved my order of lion brand today, quite impressed because I only ordered it on Tuesday. So Loving Hearts is cast on in Red. Have to go and do dinner since the kids still insist on being feed. Hope to be ready to send out beginning of next week.

Karina
01-25-2008, 05:09 PM
I have completed my part of the Loving Hearts baby blanket, will take some pictures but will have to figure out how to post them. Will be going out tomorrow to buy the journal to go with it. about what size is needed.

will try to get it out monday, so sandy please pm me the address of the next on the list.

Any more people here in the UK that want to take part, I think we still need 3 more people to complete.

Shandeh
01-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Will be going out tomorrow to buy the journal to go with it. about what size is needed.
Thanks Karina! The journal can just be a tiny notebook, since there are only 6 knitters on each blanket. So, just choose whatever fits in your hand easily. You can each write your thoughts, and place stickers or drawings in it. The children at the hospital love that kind of stuff! :wink:

Nikkilc
01-26-2008, 08:47 AM
I have completed my part of the Loving Hearts baby blanket, will take some pictures but will have to figure out how to post them. Will be going out tomorrow to buy the journal to go with it. about what size is needed.

will try to get it out monday, so sandy please pm me the address of the next on the list.

Any more people here in the UK that want to take part, I think we still need 3 more people to complete.

I am in the UK and would like to join the blanket. I have a few Questions
what do i have to do as i have never done anything like this before
what sort of wool is best to use and what type of stitches as I don't have a stash yet as i am only just returning to knitting properly thought am sure it wont take me long to make one and so want to do this right, don't want to let the team down.

bethany
01-26-2008, 10:33 AM
I am in the UK and would like to join the blanket. I have a few Questions
what do i have to do as i have never done anything like this before
what sort of wool is best to use and what type of stitches as I don't have a stash yet as i am only just returning to knitting properly thought am sure it wont take me long to make one and so want to do this right, don't want to let the team down.
it will be my first time too! You have to use 100% acrylic for the blankets and which ever stitch you want, though there has to be a border on it so the edges don't curl...there are "rules" about it on the first page of this thread. There is also a little journal in the package that goes with the blanket to the hospital. Fun!

Karina
01-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Hi Nikkilc
Thanks for joining the UK blanket, you will have to pm shandeh your snail mail address and when Pauline is finished with the blanket she will ask Shandeh for the address and send it on, hopefully by then we will have somebody else and they you post to the next on the list. each row starts and ends with 3 knit stitches both sides to form the border.

Use whatever stitch pattern you are comfortable with and have fun. This is my first time so I am slightly panicking about what to put in the journal, I think I will enlist the help of my children.

auburnchick
01-27-2008, 10:21 AM
This is my first time so I am slightly panicking about what to put in the journal, I think I will enlist the help of my children.

Journal entries are just your thoughts. I get emotional when handling the blankets. It's a privilege to work on them and know that they are going to somebody who needs them. I voice that in my journal entries. They don't have to be long. Just a little something...whatever is on your heart.

Karina
01-27-2008, 03:51 PM
I just went back and read some of the first posts here, am I right in thinking that the babies and children get to keep the blanket and take them home after they leave the hospital.

When my youngest daughter was born, they put a hat on her in the operating room before she was cleaned properly to keep her warm until they were finished doing the checks etc. she wore it for the first hour of her life and I was quite dissapointed that they keept the hat and I could not take it home.

So it is quite nice to think that these children get to keep these blankets.

GiddyKnitter
01-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Yipeeee Circus Fun blanket arrived today...I am so excited to get started on my section....Thank you Shandeh for the yarn you have so kindly sent to us over here in England....I have chosen the Coral one for myself. I shall get cracking on it this evening. Get ready DQ!!!!

Shandeh
01-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Yippee! I'm so glad you received the package! :cheering:

Have fun with the blanket! :hug:

Karina
01-28-2008, 02:13 PM
If DQ is awaiting the iminent arrival of the Circus blanket, I thought it might be an idea to redo the order of the people for the Loving Hearts blankets. If Nikkilc is not doing the Circus blanket maybe she could be the next in line. How do you feel about it Nikkilc, or should I hold onto it for a little while to get the other one out of the way first.

DQ
01-28-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm ready for either :mrgreen:

Karina
01-28-2008, 06:12 PM
So you don't mind having them both on top of each other. If that is ok then scrap my last post and I will send to you as planned.

DQ
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd rather have one at a time but whatever is easiest for everyone else is fine with me :)

Shandeh
01-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Just let me know what you decide amongst yourselves.

Nikkilc
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
I am easy, what ever you want to do will be fine by me.
Cant wait to join.

Wish someone had done this when my daughter had major surgery, she was 9, she is 17 now and all well (crosses fingers).

GiddyKnitter
01-29-2008, 06:05 PM
I have almost finished my section of the Circus fun blanket and have PM'd Shandeh for the address of the next person on the list DQ I think?
Have to say it's looking good and I have really enjoyed taking part.
Hope this is the first of many!!

DQ
01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Maybe I should have the Circus Fun blanket first then and Nikkilc the Loving hearts :)

Karina
01-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Nikkilc if you are ready I will send the Loving Heart on to you, but It will have to be on the weekend as a few things are going on here at the moment making me a little preoccupied.

Shandeh could you pm me the address for Nikkilc Please. Thanks

Nikkilc
01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I am ready and i don't mind when it comes.
just cant wait to join in.:woohoo:

Nikkilc
01-30-2008, 06:45 PM
i bought this purple wool today and this pink wool thought the purple be good for one blanket not sure if the pink will be suitable its got long eyelash type bits but both are machine washable
might do a test square and wash and dry purple see how it goes i do also have a red plain aran wool for the heart blanket
What do others think?
also bought some florescent orange crepe dk for fun of it

Nikkilc
01-31-2008, 05:09 AM
its ok i have 1 ball of red and 1 of plain purple thats totally acrylic
I am glad eyelash wasn't suitable so i can knit myself a birthday scarf in it lol

still amazed at myself for working out how to put pics on

note to self when writing on here don't use the word wool for any type of yarn, only for any type of yarn that contains wool. Sorry its a uk thing to call all yarn wool i will try my best to note do it again

GiddyKnitter
01-31-2008, 10:30 AM
The Circus Fun blanket was posted first class this morning. 4-3380354.
Keep a look out DQ x

DQ
01-31-2008, 10:45 AM
The Circus Fun blanket was posted first class this morning. 4-3380354.
Keep a look out DQ x

:cheering::cheering::cheering:

I'll be watching out tomorrow!

Shandeh
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
note to self when writing on here don't use the word wool for any type of yarn, only for any type of yarn that contains wool. Sorry its a uk thing to call all yarn wool i will try my best to note do it again
:teehee: That DOES cause some confusion with us across the pond, doesn't it? :wink:

Thanks so much for being flexible, my friend. :hug:

Have fun with your eyelash yarn, and congratulations on figuring out how to post photos! :thumbsup:

DQ
02-01-2008, 07:23 AM
I got the Circus Fun blanket this morning! Thank you Pauline :hug: The postman must have been as excited as me because he came to deliver it before 9am! :shock: :teehee:

Catz
02-04-2008, 05:51 AM
I'm willing to join anymore UK knitters doing charity blankets if you need anymore people. I'm a part of the circus blanket and would love to be a member of others.

Karina
02-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi catz you can join the Loving hearts blanket which is all reds and pinks, I will send it to Nikkilc this week. had a few things to deal with last couple of weeks so there have been a delay in getting it posted. after nikki it goes to DC and then on to Pauline. you can have it after pauline, if you are already doing the Circus blanket Sandi already have your address.

Catz
02-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Great, I'll look forward to recieving it. Let me know if there is going to be anymore Charity Blankets starting and I'll join them too.

When you got the Mircospun from the site you put up here do you have to double it or is it ok single strand?

I'm thinking of ordering some from there.

Karina
02-04-2008, 10:09 AM
hi catz I used it as a single strand. They delivered super fast, I will use them again when I need more yarn for these project. may try some of the other yarns out for my self as well.

GiddyKnitter
02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
hi catz I used it as a single strand. They delivered super fast, I will use them again when I need more yarn for these project. may try some of the other yarns out for my self as well.

Hi Catz

I agree with Karina the micro spun is really nice and it took just 3 days to arrive after ordering...now thats what I call service! :passedout:

Karina
02-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Somebody please help. I have tried to figure out how to post a picture of the Loving hearts blanket. I just haven't got a clue. I don't have flicker. I have the photos stored on my computer. tried to put them into a paint program and copy them and paste. that did not work, am completely lost. who ever helps me please bear in mind that I have a complete brain freeze when you talk computer terminology.
The blanket is ready for posting and will be sent to Nikki in the morning. Sorry for making you wait so long, will send it first class so you should have it Friday or Saturday.

bethany
02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Karina---www.flickr.com (no "e") is very easy to use, I promise. If you go to that site, it will walk you through getting an account. Then you'll see a button to upload your photos and you click there. It will ask you where the photos are currently and have you choose which ones you want to move to flickr.

Then to put them on KH, you use the little button that looks like a paperclip to attach the image to your message. It will ask you which photo you want to attach, you click on it and attach image.

I hope that helps. It's like getting into a pattern, just do it! Follow what the directions are telling you on the computer and don't worry, you won't break anything! :) Good luck!

Shandeh
02-06-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm sorry you're frustrated with the photo, Karina.

Did you save the photo on your computer? If so, you can put it here, as long as it's not too big. Sometimes the photo will be too large to be attached.

If you want, you can email the photo to me, and I will post it for you.

Karina
02-07-2008, 07:35 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2062/2249322090_62c9fef9b3.jpg

Karina
02-07-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm not sure how that worked but you get to the photo when clicking the link, one is a bit to small to really see, but the close-up is a bit better. The blanket have been sent to Nikki this morning first class recorded so should be there in the morning.
Thanks Bethany I now know how to use flickr, but still have no idea how to get the photo from one place to another.
As my husband likes to say I'm Technologically challenged. may just try again.

GiddyKnitter
02-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure how that worked but you get to the photo when clicking the link, one is a bit to small to really see, but the close-up is a bit better. The blanket have been sent to Nikki this morning first class recorded so should be there in the morning.
Thanks Bethany I now know how to use flickr, but still have no idea how to get the photo from one place to another.

Karina that is lovely...I can't wait to get my hands on it!!! :woot:

bethany
02-07-2008, 10:45 AM
oh you did great! The blanket looks great too! To be honest with you, when I was telling you how, I realized that I don't know how to post pix in the quick reply either! Only in a new thread...hmmm... :)

Karina
02-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Still trying to figure out how to post pictures46726

suziehomemaker
02-07-2008, 12:04 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

It worked that time!

Karina
02-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Am I right in thinking that you have to post reply and not use the quick reply button when you post pictures.

GiddyKnitter
02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Well arn't you the clever one!!!!

Karina
02-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Just can't wait till tonight to tell DH that I managed to do it on my own. He was not sure last night said he would have to figure it out and do it for me today, but beat I him to it. excellent.

Karina
02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
That should read I beat him to it. Obviously not that clever, still a work in progress.

Nikkilc
02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
It looks great, goes and camps by the letterbox for it to arrive

bethany
02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Just can't wait till tonight to tell DH that I managed to do it on my own. He was not sure last night said he would have to figure it out and do it for me today, but beat I him to it. excellent.
ah, see? Good for you! And you taught me how to do a pic in a reply too! Make sure to tell you husband that! ;)

Karina
02-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Well I am quite pleased with myself, told DH that I managed to post a picture without his help He was very impressed. I have now shown him how to do it so he could post a photo on his avs forum. Brilliant.

Shandeh
02-07-2008, 10:33 PM
I agree... you ARE brilliant! :thumbsup:

DQ
02-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Lovely blankets :yay:

Nikkilc
02-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Just got in and in letter box was a just missed you card from the post office :cry:
I have to wait 5 hrs and then i can get the blanket :cheering:
Only went to get some more yarn too tut and some beads to make some stitch markers.

Nikkilc
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
the blanket arrived its beautiful
thanks Karina for the gift too my favorite colour :hug:

DQ
02-11-2008, 07:02 AM
I've nearly finished my part of 'Circus Fun'. I should be able to post it later this week if the next knitter is ready.

Karina
02-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Hi Nikkilc
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday Dear Nikki
Happy Birthday To You

Hope you have a brilliant day with lots of knitting going on. Sorry couldn't help myself, thought the occasion should be celebrated.
Lots of love sent your way.

Catz
02-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Happy birthday Nikkilc

MAmaDawn
02-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Yes lots of knitting on your birthday!
:knitting::knitting::knitting:

Hope it's a VERY happy one

GiddyKnitter
02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Happy Birthday xx

Nikkilc
02-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the wishies,I have knitted loads today finished my section of loving hearts blanket and did some more of a large blanket for my Daughter to take to university with her in October.
Also been looking for more charity's to knit for, and its only 6pm so still time to do more :knitting:

DQ
02-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Here is the Circus Fun blanket which has been posted off today. I added some acrobats!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2151/2261921329_565e554cc4.jpg

And Happy Birthday for yesterday Nikkilc! :present:

Spikey
02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
WOW! DQ that looks terrific! :inlove:
You are really raising the bar for the rest of us. :fingerwag:
:teehee:

auburnchick
02-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Oh wow! That Circus Blanket is totally cool!!! Amazing!

bethany
02-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Acrobats! How cool!! But yes--raising the bar, tsk tsk! ;) Now I'm all intimidated! hah!

mom2hancj
02-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow those acrobats are fabulous!! Great job!!

I can be added to the jewelry box one as welll toward the end if possible. I am almost caught up on orders on my biz and then I have a craft auction to knit for...hoping to be all done by mid march.

Shandeh
02-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Thank you all for signing up for the "Jewelry Box" blanket!
:muah: Now, we just need 1 more knitter for that one! :cheering:

Here is the Circus Fun blanket which has been posted off today. I added some acrobats!
I love the acrobats too!!! :)

DQ asked me about them, because she was concerned that there would be no border on the edge. I told her to go ahead with it, since it's such a cool design. I'll add a border around this blanket when it's complete. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
02-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I just got another photo to post. Yesterday, I met with some knitters from Ravelry in Mint Hill. While I was there, someone took a photo of me, holding the "Purple Passion" blanket in my hand.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2346/2274718991_656b0fc925.jpg

GiddyKnitter
02-18-2008, 11:07 PM
What a fabulous photo Sandy you look great and so does the Purple Passion...I can't wait to get hold of that I now have a stash of Caron Simply soft thanks to
my friend in Kansas and I have Lilac and pink which would go really well with the Raspberry don't you think?

Shandeh
02-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I have Lilac and pink which would go really well with the Raspberry don't you think?
Sounds like a perfect combination! :thumbsup:

DQ
02-19-2008, 05:18 AM
Love the picture Sandy, you are going :) and it made me go :mrgreen:

Shandeh
02-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Love the picture Sandy, you are going :) and it made me go :mrgreen:
cloud9

mom2hancj
02-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Great picture of you Sandy!! I love purple so you knitting and wearing it is just wonderful! How fun to meet up with fellow Ravelers :)

Karina
02-19-2008, 04:46 PM
DQ got the blanket your little acrobats are brilliant, Thank you very much for the
Hat Pin( That should read stitch holder) Had to fight my daughter for it. Sorry for the delay in telling you, I had a hospital appointment with my older daughter today and after a few weeks of worry we have found out that she is fit and healthy. Can't tell you the relief that I am feeling.

The in-laws are coming to stay from Friday till Sunday so have to spend the next couple of days cleaning up after the kids, cats, dogs and rabbits. will start work on the blanket first thing Monday.

Karina
02-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Have finished my section of the Circus Fun blanket and will send it out tomorrow. Sandy could you please send my the address of the next knitter. Thanks for the ball of Caron simply soft, that is one huge ball of wool. will save the leftover for another blanket.

Karina
02-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Just checked the list for the Circus blanket and it looks like Catz is the next on the list. If Sandy is not available, Catz could you PM me your address.
Thanks for the link auburnchick

Karina
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Have Catz address will try to get Circus Fun sent tomorrow.

Karina
03-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Have sent Circus Fun onto Catz today first class recorded. so she should have it Tuesday. Ready for the purple one to arrive. Thanks Sandy

Karina
03-03-2008, 10:14 AM

Here is a photo of Circus Fun

MAmaDawn
03-03-2008, 10:26 AM
That's GREAT! WOW! nice knitting! :knitting:

The.Knitter
03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm patiently waiting for my first Oddball KAL blanket to come in the mail.

Karina
03-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Catz have you recieved the Circus Fun blanket yet. The post office said it should arrive Mon-Tue, so I assumed Tuesday.

Catz
03-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Catz have you recieved the Circus Fun blanket yet. The post office said it should arrive Mon-Tue, so I assumed Tuesday.

Sorrry I haven't let you know before hand. The blanket arrived yesterday. I wasn't online much last night and I forgot to let you know it had arrived safe and sound.

GiddyKnitter
03-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi catz

I hope you are well and enjoying your new job.

Take care x x x

Karina
03-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Sandy Got the Purple Passion Blanket today, will get to work on it over the weekend. Thank you very much for the pattern booklet. This forum is a nightmare, joined I think in January with the few odd balls of yarn in a carrier bag, two months down the line I am now the proud owner of three great big plastic Crates full of yarn and working towards filling my 4th. and patterns and ideas slowly but surely filling up the space on this computer. I just love it.

Spikey
03-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the land of the enablers :hug:

bethany
03-07-2008, 10:17 AM
(quote Karina) This forum is a nightmare, joined I think in January with the few odd balls of yarn in a carrier bag, two months down the line I am now the proud owner of three great big plastic Crates full of yarn and working towards filling my 4th. and patterns and ideas slowly but surely filling up the space on this computer. I just love it.
Welcome to the land of the enablers :hug:
LOL! Uh-huh...I'm feelin' ya!

Karina
03-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Have finished my section of the Purple Passion blanket and will finish the journal this weekend. Will be ready to send to Pauline on Monday.
Sandy could you PM me Paulines address please.
Heres a picture:

Have also finished the Spring Flower blanket so it looks like Pauline will recieve two at the same time.

Karina
03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Purple passion is on its way to Pauline, did not get a chance to post it yesterday. We had no power for half the day because of the stormy weather here in the UK. all sorted now though. at least it was only a few hours and not days like Spikey.
I sent the blanket first class recorded, so should be with you on Thursday Pauline.

GiddyKnitter
03-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks Karina

I saw the post lady this morning and showed her where to put any parcels
In case I am not in when my they arrive.

GiddyKnitter
03-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Purple Passion has arrived today. I am keeping with the garter stitch that Sandy and Karina have already done

Karina
03-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Boy that was quick, I only posted it 5.30pm yesterday.
Neon Fun Looks great.

GiddyKnitter
03-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Purple Passion is ready to go on to the next knitter...Get ready xxx

Karina
03-14-2008, 05:53 AM
I have a couple of squares to send to Sandy, so I was thinking that when the Purple and the spring flower blankets are finished If whoever have them last would send them to me and I will put the whole lot in a package together.

Would probably be cheaper to send one larger pack than 2 or 3 little ones. Let me know how you feel about it.

Shandeh
03-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Thanks for making squares! :hug:

GiddyKnitter
03-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Hi Sandy

Both blankets will be posted off in the morning x

Nikkilc
03-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Purple passion arrived this morning :hug:
Thanks for the wool its lovely and the easter card :hug:
Will take a pic later

Catz
03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Sandy

I've finished my part of the circus blanket. Who do I send it onto next?

Karina
04-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Havent checked in for a while, lots going on here. Love all the blankets they are looking great.
Have just completed a hat for the Save the Children appeal and will be doing a few more of them before I send them off.

I don't think any more baby blankets are coming my way so thought I would start another. I have some blue aran I could start with. How about it Pauline are you up to it, we could call it Blues Clues after the childrens show or something else so any colour can be used.

Am I right in thinking that I just buy a card to go with the blanket now?

Nikkilc
04-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Purple passion is ready for the next knitter sorry took so long the 1st yarn didn't look right so have redone it in doubled dk in deep purple
Will post pic later for you all. just got to find camera cable 1st lol

ps i have weaved all the ends in bar mine

Nikkilc
04-11-2008, 06:30 AM
purple passion is ready to go to the post office which i will do Monday morning so should arrive tues.
will confirm on Monday am after i have been to work.
here is its latest pic
though my section on the pic looks blue it is in fact a deep purple
also the other colours are off too
in real life its a lovely group of purples.

auburnchick
04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Purple Passion is lovely! :inlove:

Makes me wanna go lounge around the house eating grapes. :teehee:

DQ
04-17-2008, 05:04 AM
Cool! I'm excited to see the letter! :cheering:

(By the way, you received the "Purple Paradise" blanket. The "Purple Passion" blanket is still in England.) :teehee:

Yes, I forgot to post that I've got it now! I recieved a lovely strong bag with it too, perfect for keeping bigger projects in! Thank you again Nikki :hug:

Karina
04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Pauline sorry for the delay, blues clues goes in the mail tomorrow. I think I have to see if I can find a copy of that book before it is made into a film.

Love that rainbow blanket.

Karina
04-24-2008, 04:21 AM

Here is blues clues. sent it first class recorded to pauline yesterday.

auburnchick
04-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Oh, that yarn is beautiful!!!! :inlove:

Nikkilc
04-24-2008, 07:35 AM
what lovley shades of blue

GiddyKnitter
04-24-2008, 08:45 AM

Here is blues clues. sent it first class recorded to pauline yesterday.

I have received Blues Clues this morning :woot:

Thank you Nikki for the lovely yarn you sent me :muah:

Nikkilc
04-24-2008, 09:14 AM
it wasnt me it was Karina lol
sends karina the:muah:

GiddyKnitter
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Blues Clues is ready for the next knitter...x

GiddyKnitter
04-25-2008, 08:49 AM
it wasnt me it was Karina lol
sends karina the:muah:

So sorry about that!! I have thanked Karina already you will have to make some allowances for me I am in the middle of working 4 night duty shifts and don't even know what day it is never peoples names :sleepy:

I think you are next Nikkilc on Blues Clues just need your address from Sandy:sleepy: and then it will be on it's way to you:sleepy: :woot:

GiddyKnitter
04-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Blues Clues is on it's way to Nikklc I sent it Recorded Delivery x

Nikkilc
04-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Good afternoon all i thought i would start a UK thread for us Uk charity blanket knitters as there are a just a few of us and sometimes i miss the posts.
I hope Shandeh does not mind.

i thought if we mark the preemie blankets with a prefix of PRE, and the larger blanket as TERM, unless anyones got a better idea.

at the moment i have PRE, blues clues it arrived today
i am the last knitter on PRE, angel hugs
i am starting PRE, lullaby land
and i think i am waiting for PRE, spring flowers i am the last knitter on that as well.

once angel hugs and spring flowers are done and lullaby land i will send them all in one package i have already let Shandeh know

hugs all and good knitting vibes to all:knitting:
Crossed Fingers
hope others join me here are i am talking to the wall and heck that wouldn't be the 1st time lol:rofl:

GiddyKnitter
04-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi nikkilc

This a great idea and I am sure that Sandy wont mind in the least.
I never thought about sending the two blankets together!!

I can see you are going to be snowed under with preemie blankets
at least you will be warm!!

Nikkilc
04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
yes if the weather turnscold i could always sew them into a giant one l:roflhard:

it wont take long to get them done and we have bank holiday weekend this week, so i get some extra knitting time. So i will lock myself in my 17ft by 8 ft craft room with radio and water and get them all done lol
And i will get lullaby land done so you can do some too.wonders if i got all the PREemie ones lol

Nikkilc
04-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Let you all know sandy is fine with this new home for Uk knitters and it might get a bit messy for a while as she moves things about.
i know it looks like i got all the PRE blankets but not quiet lol
and give me a week and they will all be knitted up and some moved on
:knitting:

waves and says hi all who read, now come post even if its to say i have done loads of typos lol lol:waving:

Limey
04-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Hi Nikki

Please count me in - it's the least I can do for all your time and effort making all those beautiful hats for the Save the Children campaign.

I've never joined a blanket appeal before - so could you let me have a few details of what's involved please. I'm not the world's fastest knitter, as you know, but I'd love to help.

All the Best

Ellie

Karina
04-29-2008, 04:54 AM
Hi Nikki

Maybe more brits would get involved if the blanket were to go to a UK hospital. Does anybody live close to a childrens hospital where they could inquire if they need some of these blankets. Or hats etc.

Nikkilc
04-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Thank you ladies for ur messages i am not alone lol :woohoo:
i only did this as i kept missing messages.
i didnt think we get new knitters as well :cheering:

Welcome Limey (ellie) will write you a message later about the baby blanket. we let you have 2 weeks to knit, i think you could just manage 4 inches in that time lol think of it as a large hat unseamed :roflhard:

i do live nr a good hospital that has special care unit i was going to talk to them about hats anyway,so thats one idea for the pot
what about maybe anyone nr Great Ormand street? (i know i spelt that wrong)
or if anyone is nr bristol i know there is a very good preemie baby unit there they looked after my neice when she was born at 28 weeks and 0 days old.i just cant remeber the name.
and what about up north ladies are there any worthy units and wards there that need blankets?
we can work on these ideas over the next few weeks.

i think all the blankets we are working on at the moment should when finished sent to Sandy and then we could start some Uk ones. what do you all feel about that?
am sure sandy would fine, i remember her asking before, if we wanted to give some of them to Uk hospital.

i think i become a leader by accident .
will carry on for now until you ladies have had enough ( about 15 mins i reckon lol)

happy knitting :knitting:
Nikki

Nikkilc
04-29-2008, 05:59 AM
Holiday fun arrived safely today.:woot:
Pauline thank you so much for the wool what a beautiful colour like a dusty pink.
this is Holiday fun as it arrived its a soft lemon. its more yellow in real life but my camera has a very strong flash i even tried with a darker background it didnt work. i am not so good with arty photos. i am lucky if people still have heads lol
i was thinking maybe an orange for sunshine or a pale blue for the sea, but not made my mind up yet.

Limey
04-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Hi Nikki

I knit hats for premature babies in UK hospitals and usually send them to Liverpool Women's Hospital.

However, there is someone who can help you find a home for knitted items in UK hospitals.

The lady's name is Christine and she runs the Ray of Hope charity. She keeps lists of which UK hospitals currently need hats, cardigans, blankets., etc.

Link here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/your_community/ray_of_hope/babywear_a_z_index.shtml

She's a lovely person to speak to and even put up with my attempt at making a ventilator bonnet (I ended up putting the ribbon in the wrong place - don't ask!) :eyes:

All the Best

Ellie

Limey
04-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Nikki said:
'Welcome Limey (ellie) will write you a message later about the baby blanket. we let you have 2 weeks to knit, i think you could just manage 4 inches in that time lol think of it as a large hat unseamed :roflhard: '

Have you been talking to Julie, Rita or DQ? I detect a distinct undercurrent of 'taking the mick' here.:rofl:

Oo - the cheek and impudence that's ferkling round this Forum!:teehee:

Best Wishes

Karina
04-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Nikki I think the us blanket goes back to sandy and I like to still be involved with the US blankets. But I just thought that maybe if we also made some for the UK then maybe more brits would be involved as there would be less cost involved in the postage.

GiddyKnitter
04-29-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm easy!! well not literally he he

I have been speaking to Sandy and I have asked if I can start another Pree blanket and she is OK with this. This one will be called "Oranges and Lemons" like the nursery rhyme. Nikklc will you be able to get a list of knitters going please?

Nikkilc
04-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Karina yes i agree these blakets go to the US when these are done and i like your idea of doing some UK children's hospital ones

and we still can do US ones as well
and have some for those who wish just uk ones

Pauline i think thats a great idea anyone else who wish to be added to the list let me know

i have to message limey later with what it entails to knit on one of our blankets
so that might be one more knitter

will contact that name on the other list for ideas of charity's to help and if anyone has suggestion's or one they already work with let us know.
will message sandy later with our ideas
was only a quick pop on will have more time later after kids been fed.

DQ
04-29-2008, 01:18 PM
I live near Alderhey Childrens hospital but I wouldn't be very good at making contact with anyone :oops:

Nikkilc
04-29-2008, 01:33 PM
DQ what a good idea .
Could you maybe give me there number and i will ring them up and ask for some to talk to.
whats the worse they can say but no

do anyone mind me doing this?

Karina
04-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Nikki you are doing great as our little groups fearless leader. carry on as you are. I'm always available to knit on these blankets.

Nikkilc
04-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Thank you Karina your a star:hug:

So pauline its you 1st, then Karina ,then me,so far

Shandeh
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Yay! Congratulations on getting your UK Blanket discussion going! You ladies are the best!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

I think it's a WONDERFUL idea to look for a local charity for your blankets. In fact, I ENCOURAGE it! :thumbsup:

Also, feel free to give any of the current blankets to a UK hospital. It's just the right thing to do! It will save on postage, and will give you a feeling of accomplishment to know your work is benefitting children and babies in your own area.
:hug:

Of course, I am also willing to accept your blankets in the US, but please do not feel pressured to do that. I just want a child or baby SOMEWHERE to be wrapped up in our love. :heart:

One more thing.....if one of you would like to head up the Oddball Project for the UK, just let me know. I don't mind keeping records for you, but you are welcome to take it over for yourselves. There is a person in Canada that handles their blankets now, and I just watch from afar, with a glow of pride in my eyes. cloud9

I noticed that you have a new knitter as well. Excellent!

Limey, I usually keep records of names and addresses of all knitters on my spreadsheet. If you don't mind, can you send me a private message with that information? OR you can send it to whoever will be handling the Oddball Blankets for the UK.

I'll wait to see what you all decide. Take care, my friends!
:muah:

Nikkilc
04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
i be happy to head up the Oddball blankets unless any one else wishies to do it.

Limey
04-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi Nick

Many thanks for sending me details of the the blanket.

I posted a thread earlier for Ray of Hope but they'vechanged the page since I read it a few months back.

You might find more useful info. here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/your_community/ray_of_hope/index.shtml

I've just checked the link and that is the page I meant you to see. It might save you alot of schlepping round.

Best Wishes

Ellie

Shandeh
04-29-2008, 09:55 PM
i be happy to head up the Oddball blankets unless any one else wishies to do it.

That's great! Whatever you all want to do among yourselves is fine with me.

Nikki, do you want me to send you my spreadsheet with all the UK info on it? You could just continue using it, adding new addresses and new blankets as they are started. Or, you could set up a system of your own. If you all decide to use a different person to handle the blankets, just make sure that person continues the system the way you set it up.

Also, if you want to make a blog of your own, you could have one person in your group handle that. Right now, I have your blankets listed with ours on www.blogger.com (http://www.blogger.com)

Here's the Preemie Blanket blog: http://preemieoddballkal.blogspot.com/
And the Regular Blanket blog: http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/

Shandeh
04-29-2008, 11:42 PM
You can probably all see now that I have moved all your earlier posts to this discussion thread.

Now, you can see the entire history of your blankets! :cheering:

Have fun, my friends. :muah:

Let me know if you need anything.

GiddyKnitter
04-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Thank you Karina your a star:hug:

So pauline its you 1st, then Karina ,then me,so far

Hi Nikklc

If we don't get enough knitters it can come back to me and I will finish it off then send in on to Sandy or whoever we decide is having it xx

GiddyKnitter
04-30-2008, 08:19 AM

Nikkilc

I couldn't think of anyone better to run our charity blankets.
Thank you :hug:

Karina
04-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Nikki you are doing great. I'm happy to follow your lead. Need anything let me know.

Nikkilc
04-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Pauline and Karina thank you so much for your lovely words :muah:
Limey thank you for that link has given me some more ideas

at the moment my plan is if i can get Alderhay Children's hospitals number and go from there.
we could always do other hospitals too after we have got going
i am also thinking of doing some squares to turn into afghans for teens in hospital too .
It was my daughters idea she was in hospital for major surgery when she was 10 and she said she would of liked a blanket then . My local hospital gives out teddy's for young children in there special children AandE and children's wards, but teens have to go there as well and they kind of get forgotten they need hugs too, after all they are still kids no matter what they think they are.
What do feel about that?

am waiting to her from the others and waiting for a reply back from Sandy

so for now we just finish what we have already going
Pauline is starting a new blanket :knitting:
it will come to you next Karina

And if any of you ladies have any blogging experience i would be greatfull for advice so we can have a UK one
oh and if anyone is good with banners things at the bottom we could have a UK one :)

roll on 8 pm and monsters have been fed then i can get some knitting done lol
and some good news for me NO more physio at the hospital my back and arms have almost recovered from the car accident just have to keep doing exercises to relax the muscles and knit :teehee:

wow long post sorry
and ideas greatfully received as this is our group

Nikkilc
04-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Thank you so much i love it :inlove: :hug:

GiddyKnitter
04-30-2008, 01:14 PM
I WANT one how do I get it???

momwolf
04-30-2008, 02:02 PM
I made a better one with bigger letters:cheering:

Karina
04-30-2008, 02:26 PM
I want one too, how do I upload it??????

Karina
04-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Nikki With regards to blogs I have no idea, but I think Sandi started one of the other groups off and then they took over once they knew how? So I think Sandi is a good place to start for info

Nikkilc
04-30-2008, 02:35 PM
how i save it is right click on it then save it to my pc
then go add it on signiture page by uploading it from pc

momwolf
04-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Nikkilc,
You're welcome.

Karina
04-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I think when I added the new signature picture the old one was deleted, how do I keep both images on there

Limey
04-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I made a better one with bigger letters:cheering:

Hiya Julie

Where do ya get these magic avatar whatsits from???

I think it's great and many thanks for being so thoughtful - definitely going to make you an Honorary Brit (you're already an Honorary Pie).

All Best Wishes

Ellie

Catz
04-30-2008, 04:20 PM
feel free to add me.

Nikkilc
04-30-2008, 04:27 PM
thank you catz u are added
our little band is now 5 with limey too
will do the list tomorrow for the orange and lemon one

Shandeh
04-30-2008, 10:38 PM
So glad to see that things are going well here for you all!
You are just a wonderful group of knitters. I hope you find more winners like yourselves very soon! cloud9

About the blog, I will be happy to set one up for you, and then one of you can take it over. That person would need a Google account, so you can log in and update the blog. (It's free.)

Let me know who would like to take care of it. It will be difficult for me to keep it updated, since I won't be involved in the daily discussions and blanket happenings.

DQ
05-01-2008, 03:09 PM
I forgot to say that I've got 2 blankets at the moment. Purple Passion and Loving Hearts. Where are they going when I'm done with them? :??

Nikkilc
05-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Will let you know by message DQ

GiddyKnitter
05-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Just thought I would post a comment as we seem to have gone very quiet!
How is everyone doing and how are the blankets coming along. Oranges and Lemons is about half way through so it should be ready to go off to Karina on Tuesday when the post office opens again.

Karina
05-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm ready. You do have my address, right? or PM me.

GiddyKnitter
05-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi Karina
Yes I have your address I will let you know when t's in the post xx

Nikkilc
05-03-2008, 05:11 PM
ty pauline for sorting the posting out.
Sorry been crazy here past 2 days
will calm down tomorrow

limey is about to start a new blanket it will be called dolly mixture.not sure of the colours but sounds great and wont rot ur teeth lol

tomorrow i will post a list of the active blankets and what stages they are at.
then we can start planning some new ones
so thinking caps on ladys i would like some name ideas
about 4 more would be a good start

next time my kids ask for there rooms to be painted while ones at camp please hit me

Nikkilc
05-03-2008, 05:22 PM
odd ball term blankets; purple passion DQ has it
Circus fun Catz its finished yay
Blues clues i have
preemie; Loving hearts DQ has
Spring flowers think Catz still has
Angel hugs i have
Summer fun i have
Lullaby land i am starting
little boy blue Sandy is starting
oranges and lemons Pauline but on way to karina
Dolly mixture Limey starting

If any of this is wrong please let me know

Shandeh
05-04-2008, 01:46 AM
odd ball term blankets; purple passion DQ has it
Circus fun NOT sure who has this one
Blues clues i have
preemie; Loving hearts DQ has
Spring flowers think Catz still has
Angel hugs i have
Summer fun i have
Lullaby land i am starting
little boy blue Sandy is starting
oranges and lemons Pauline but on way to karina
Dolly mixture Limey starting
If any of this is wrong please let me know

Here is the last I heard on one of them:
Circus Fun is with Catz. She was holding it until she had some other blankets, so she could mail them all at once to me.

You don't have to mail it to me now! :)

Catz
05-04-2008, 04:53 AM
Ok lol Let me know who I'm sending it to please lol.

Nikkilc
05-04-2008, 08:27 AM
mail it to me please Catz
will add it to the finish pile till i/we find the right organization to give them too
Pm if you need my address

Limey
05-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi Nikki

'Dolly Mixtures' because it's really a stash-buster for pastel-coloured yarn.

I'm sure everyone has a bit of 'baby' shades yarn left over from other projects and I thought it would save a trip to the shops.

I'm still pretty busy with hats but will get to ye blanket later this week.

All the Best

Nikkilc
05-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Ty limey i do so love the name

Pauline sent me a name too jelly babies i can see it in strong bright colours

3 more names i think limey also said to me buttercups and daisys
which i also like mixture of whites and yellows

i am leaning towards a rainbow one just not sure of a complete name yet

need boyish ones too

Nikkilc
05-04-2008, 05:47 PM
oranges and lemons; Pauline;Karina;Catz need 1 more knitter then Nikki
dolly mixture Limey;DQ;Pauline;Nikki; need 1more knitters
Jelly babies Pauline Nikki need 3 more knitters
drop me a line let me know if you wish to be added and what blanket you wish to be added too.

i am sending pauline 2, 4mm circular needles
i think i have 1 more spare if anyone has any spare and are happy to donate them to our blankets could you let me know, or even if you have any from finished blankets and wish to start a new one let me know and i can give you a name for it.

Hope you all are having a great bank holiday weekend

GiddyKnitter
05-05-2008, 05:36 AM
I happen to have a ball of Wendy Beach Baby and it is called Dollymixtures!!!
So I am sorted with that blanket!!

GiddyKnitter
05-05-2008, 05:39 AM
BTW could you add me to dollymixtures and any others you need knitters for xx

Nikkilc
05-05-2008, 06:32 AM
will do thankyou pauline

Nikkilc
05-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Blues clues needs 1 more knitter
i have added you pauline already once i done 12 more rows it will be posted to you
if you are ready so all going well be thursday post will include a couple of 4mm needles

Nikkilc
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM
please let me know if the blankets that are due to be started are done on either 4mm or the larger size needles

Catz
05-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I could start 1 with a lilac color scheme. I have some baby DK in lilac. It would be knitted on 4mm needles.

Let me know if its ok to start it.

Feel free to add me to any blanket you need knitters for.

GiddyKnitter
05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
please let me know if the blankets that are due to be started are done on either 4mm or the larger size needles

Hi Nikklc

Oranges and Lemons is already to be posted off tomorrow :woot:
I used a 4mm needle :wink:

Nikkilc
05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Catz I could start 1 with a lilac color scheme. I have some baby DK in lilac. It would be knitted on 4mm needles.

Let me know if its ok to start it.
thank you Catz we can call it Lucky Lilacs
Please do start , as long as its 100% acrylic
I added you to oranges and lemons as well

i have add you lucky lilac too Pauline is that ok

and pauline i will
send blues clues to you on weds Pauline

i am catching up on my blankets now yay

Karina
05-05-2008, 04:19 PM
You can add me to any blanket that you or anybody else starts.
I do have a blanket here that I have not got to yet, but all my childrens birthdays are now over and done with so that makes life a bit easier.

Nikkilc
05-05-2008, 04:32 PM
hope they all had great brithdays
and you get a nice rest and some quiet lol

will add you to blues clues again so that if you got any more of that lovely blue yarn you can finish it how you started it

will add you to others too thank you for your kind offer

GiddyKnitter
05-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Great Nikklc
I will look forward to receiving it. x

Shandeh
05-06-2008, 02:05 AM
One more thing, my friends.

I was sorting through my stack of Oddball projects tonight, and noticed a little memo to myself. "Send preemie yarn and needles to Pauline".

Well, seeing that I haven't taken care of that yet, I want to bring it to fruition.

Should I mail some yarn and needles to Nikkilc instead? :think:

GiddyKnitter
05-06-2008, 04:03 AM
I dont mind having them here seeing as I am starting off a couple more blankets and I think nikklc may have q few blankets already there. I will go along with whatever nikklc says xx

Nikkilc
05-06-2008, 05:54 AM
send to pauline as she starts a lot of our blankets
and she is getting very low on needles bless her

GiddyKnitter
05-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi Nikkilc
Oranges and Lemons has been posted 1st class this morning to Karina she should receive it tomorrow. Do you me to start Jelly Babies or have you got someone else to start it? I have bought some Jelly Babies this morning while out shopping just to get me in the mood!!!

Karina
05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Nikki I see that you are on ravelry. if you know how to navigate the site maybe you could post a plea for help so more knitters will join. I think I read in one of my knitting magazines that a group from ravelry went on an outing to Get Knitted in Bristol. So I imagine that there are quite a few brits on that site.

Nikkilc
05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
hi Pauline thanks for letting em know and if you have everything you need to start jelly babies please do
will be posting needles and blues clues to you on weds all going well
Thanks for the idea Karina but for now think we will stick to just us few till i am used to being in charge

Shandeh
05-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Alright, so I will be mailing yarn and needles to Pauline. :)

I just finished casting on "Little Boy Blue", and I see that Karina is the next knitter listed. Can I send it to Pauline instead, so I can put the yarn and needles and the blanket all in one package?

Here's "Little Boy Blue". I used Bernat Softee Baby (http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=softeebaby&SPP=999), in the color "His Jeans Ombre", and used the "Diamond" pattern in the "Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns" (http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Knitting-Stitch-Patterns/dp/1402727631).
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3233/2472563750_4f7715b093.jpg

Karina
05-07-2008, 03:05 AM
No problem Sandy. Love that yarn, very pretty.

Limey
05-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Hi Folks

Sorry, maybe it's my day for being dense but I'm a bit confused about this sending blankets with the needles attached to each other; could someone explain the system please?

I can understand if someone is starting off two or three blankets that they need a stash of needles but there is a finite number of knitters and a finite number of blankets, so where do the needles end up when the blanket is completed?

Nikki - I'm making a start on Dolly Mixtures today ('bout time too!' she said) :wink: - using 4mm needles.

Yours, in a fog

Ellie

Nikkilc
05-07-2008, 04:57 AM
ellie, the blankets are sent on the needles as they are less lickly to drop stitches that way
once blankets are finished the needles either go back to the person who started the blanket or used to start new blankets.
at the moment there are 11 blankets in different stages of completion and urs will be blanket number 12
with 2 complete
we are on a roll ladies thank you:woohoo: :woot:

Nikkilc
05-07-2008, 04:58 AM
Sandy that blanket looks lovely :inlove:
thank you for starting it for us.:cheering:

Limey
05-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi Nikki

Many thanks for your answer - I'm new to blanket threads and thought an explanation on here might clarify the situation for anyone else who wasn't too sure how things worked.

All the Best

Ellie

Nikkilc
05-07-2008, 06:17 AM
not a problem just glad answer made sence i am fighting off a migraine
think you wished to hard for that sunshine and heat lol
i dont like the sun, i am senative to it in my eyes sob
give me clouds any day think i shove of lived in a cave lol

GiddyKnitter
05-07-2008, 06:25 AM
Wow that's lovely Sandy It would look nice if we carried on with that pattern don't you think?

GiddyKnitter
05-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Well after working my way through the bag of Jelly Babies I have decided on the Blackcurrant colour and on the back of the bag it gives you names of the different babies and Blackcurrant is called "Big Heart".
So ladies you will have to buy your own Jelly Babies and decide which colour you are going to use. This will be a lovely colourful blanket.
Nikklc I do hope you have got rid of that nasty Migraine I suffer from them so I know how you feel xx

Karina
05-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Pauline you are confusing me by changing your name. Got the blanket this morning. thank you for the yarn. very soft. I have a pattern for that gauge of yarn that I want to start at some point so will have a play around with your yarn and see how it will look knitted up.

I'm so glad you started with the orange because I have yellow but no orange.

Limey
05-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Giddykipper wrote:

"So ladies you will have to buy your own Jelly Babies and decide which colour you are going to use."

Oh! The sacrifices one has to make to be a dedicated knitter!

We're not only stuck on Jelly Babies but we'll have to go and buy a packet of Dolly Mixtures as well!

There's something weird that happens to knitters - there's no scientific explanation but it is a well-known fact that knitters just cannot remember what sweets look like and as we're a very conscientious bunch and strive for authenticity in all things, we have no choice at all but to hit the nearest supermarket sweetie aisle.

PS - If someone suggests a chocolate theme, I'm emigrating! - I'll be as big as a house side before before you can say :knitting:and purl.

Limey
05-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Nikki wrote:

"i dont like the sun, i am senative to it in my eyes sob
give me clouds any day"

:passedout:

If it's gloom and and grey you're after, you're in the right place! but I'm nipping out the back now to catch a few rays.

I hope you'll be feeling better very soon - migraines are horrible things.

All the Best

GiddyKnitter
05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Giddykipper wrote:

"So ladies you will have to buy your own Jelly Babies and decide which colour you are going to use."

Oh! The sacrifices one has to make to be a dedicated knitter!

We're not only stuck on Jelly Babies but we'll have to go and buy a packet of Dolly Mixtures as well!

There's something weird that happens to knitters - there's no scientific explanation but it is a well-known fact that knitters just cannot remember what sweets look like and as we're a very beconscientious bunch and strive for authenticity in all things, we have no choice at all but to hit the nearest supermarket sweetie aisle.

PS - If someone suggests a chocolate theme, I'm emigrating! - I'll be as big as a house side before before you can say :knitting:and purl.

Limey

My new profile name is "Giddyknitter" but guess what my little doggie in the picture is called Giddy and we call him Giddykipper because he is really giddy :roflhard:

cause he is well Giddy

Shandeh
05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
No problem Sandy. Love that yarn, very pretty.
Thanks! So, Pauline will be knitting on it next. I'll include the rest of the yarn, so you ladies can use it on this blanket again if you want. :hug:

I'm a bit confused about this sending blankets with the needles attached to each other; could someone explain the system please?
In the states, we asked for donations of needles for the project. I have about 20 circular needles now, and mail them out if anyone needs a set to start a blanket with. (I'll be including some needles in the package I'm sending to Pauline.) Sometimes, our knitters will send their knitting to the next person with a strand of cotton yarn run through the stitches, but it's much easier to work with if it's kept on the same needles throughout the process.
Wow that's lovely Sandy It would look nice if we carried on with that pattern don't you think?
Great idea! You ladies can do as you wish with the blanket. Have fun!
:muah:

Limey
05-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Hiya

Pauline wrote:

"My new profile name is "Giddyknitter" but guess what my little doggie in the picture is called Giddy and we call him Giddykipper because he is really giddy :roflhard:

cause he is well Giddy" __________________

Ah, well, there ya go .............consciously or subconsciously, great minds think alike!:teehee:

All the Best

Nikkilc
05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
pauline i posted BLues clues to you today should arrive tomorrow fingers crossed.

and love the new name and your dog is so sweet.
ellie dont worry there wont be a choc blanket i would get it confussed with my lab who is a choc coloured lab lol

GiddyKnitter
05-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks Nikklc I shall keep a look out for it xxx

Limey
05-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi Folks

Jen has asked me to tell you that she's sorry but that she's unavailable at the moment.

She would like to keep the two blankets she has and work on them as/when she can, if that's ok.

Ellie

Shandeh
05-08-2008, 11:52 PM
She would like to keep the two blankets she has and work on them as/when she can, if that's ok.
I'm not sure how your group is handling this, but in the States, we get two weeks to work on the blanket. This keeps the blankets in circulation, so they can be completed, and given to the hospital.

If I were involved in making the decision, I would say that she should forward the blankets to the next knitter, and let the group know when she is ready to participate again.

Just my two cents. :hug:

Karina
05-09-2008, 03:12 AM
I think she should keep them for now she has enough to deal with without worrying about the blankets. when things have settled a bit maybe she could finish them or just send them on to the next person.

All the best to Jen and her brother. Hope he is doing OK.

Nikkilc
05-09-2008, 03:50 AM
DQ let me know she would be a bit slow on those two blankets and its already sort that she will keep them a while.
we have many other blankets being knitted right now it should be fine.
hugs to all and hope we all have good days
Nikki

Limey
05-09-2008, 04:57 AM
Hi Shandeh

It was very late last night when I received Jen's message and I'm sorry if you were not aware of the circumstances of why she wanted me to post on the Blanket thread.

I've sent you a PM, explaining the situation.

All Best Wishes.

Ellie

GiddyKnitter
05-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Nikkilc

Blues Clues has arrived this morning. Thankyou for the yarn and cute keyring xxx

Nikkilc
05-09-2008, 08:15 AM
your very welcome
isnt that yarn so soft and glad you like the keyring he is so cute
oppss forgot to take a picture of blues clues before i sent it
slaps head

GiddyKnitter
05-09-2008, 11:33 AM
I love the Micrspun I ordered quiet a lot from banyantreeyarns but I hadn't got that colour so thanks again xx

Karina
05-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Have finished the sweethearts blanket, who is next.
Will finish Oranges and Lemons over the weekend. if these two blankets are going to the same preson I will post them together.

Shandeh
05-09-2008, 12:18 PM
I think she should keep them for now she has enough to deal with without worrying about the blankets. when things have settled a bit maybe she could finish them or just send them on to the next person. All the best to Jen and her brother. Hope he is doing OK.
DQ let me know she would be a bit slow on those two blankets and its already sort that she will keep them a while. we have many other blankets being knitted right now it should be fine. hugs to all and hope we all have good days
Shandeh - It was very late last night when I received Jen's message and I'm sorry if you were not aware of the circumstances of why she wanted me to post on the Blanket thread. I've sent you a PM, explaining the situation.
Thank you all for the update! :hug:
I'm sure you are all doing what is best for your group of wonderful knitters. I'm so pleased to see the love and compassion you all have for each other. :heart:

Nikkilc
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Hi Karina i am next on both blankets so send them both to me when your ready
almost finished holiday fun
and have started lullaby land too

Limey
05-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Hiya

I've sent Jen an e-card to let her know that we're all thinking about her and her family.

It has a picture of a lovely, big ginger cat on it that I thought she would like.

I've put everyone's name on the card, sending her Best Wishes.

All the Best

Ellie

Karina
05-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks Ellie That is a nice thing to do. I'm sure she can use all the support. I keep checking the Off-topic to see if there is any news. I'm sure the surgery was today, so hope it went OK.

Karina
05-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Nikki I have started Oranges and Lemons already so will get them in the post on Monday.

Nikkilc
05-10-2008, 03:52 AM
thank you Karina will keep and eye out for it
i think you knit even more then i do
do you ever sleep :p

Nikki

Karina
05-10-2008, 04:37 AM
I sleep between 12am and 7am. I live in hope that one day my two younger children will be as lazy as my teenage daughter who could quite happily lay in bed till mid day if I didn't boot her out of bed. Until then I knit or sew to keep my sanity. Although I have been known to wake up very early like 5am and then knit for a couple of hours in complete quiet (heaven)