PDA

View Full Version : Do You Know Any Good Office Games?

stacyk9
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
We are having our last faculty meeting this Friday and I've kind of made of my mission to come up with some fun game to do to celebrate the end of the semester. I am really wracking my brain here. First I thought I would do a game where they would have to guess logos & taglines, but it just seems too easy. Second I thought I would do a grab bag type game where the person is blindfolded and they would grab into a box and guess what the item is. Once gain, it seems way too easy. Does anyone have any ideas?
Stacy

cftwo
04-30-2008, 08:43 AM
College faculty or not? I think college faculty would growl at you and if you're lucky tell you to try again after grades are in. We sort of tend to collapse when it's all over. Maybe indulge in a large glass of wine - that sort of thing. If it's not college faculty, you might have better luck.

iza
04-30-2008, 09:09 AM
When I did my PhD, we had an "office chair" race once, it was hysterical. Our research center has an entire floor, so we organized a path through the halls and people had to sit on their office chair and roll along the path.

We got in trouble for it though, because some guys got too competitive and they damaged the walls. :doh: But it was really funny! :teehee:

Sunshine's Mom
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
How about laying out some copy paper, staplers, tape, paper clips, scissors and markers and have a contest on making the best hat out of the materials? Winner gets a prize.

Or desk chair basketball with a small ball and trash cans at either end of a "court". You can't get out of your chair. Lots of rolling and crashing into each other. Bound to be fun.

sakura-panda
04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
We did a game at Christmas where everybody anonomously wrote down something that no one else would know and put it into a bucket. Later, someone shook the bucket (it was a coffee can) and drew out slips and read them aloud. We all tried to guess who wrote each statement. :thumbsup:

It was kind of fun; I just didn't have anything interesting to put on mine which put a bit of a damper on it for me. :pout:

stacyk9
04-30-2008, 04:35 PM
College faculty or not? I think college faculty would growl at you and if you're lucky tell you to try again after grades are in. We sort of tend to collapse when it's all over. Maybe indulge in a large glass of wine - that sort of thing. If it's not college faculty, you might have better luck.
Luckily none of my college faculty members are "growlers". In fact, when we did our end-of-semester faculty meeting in the Fall, they were quite disappointed that I didn't have something fun planned. I had done a game the year before and they were looking forward to it.
I did finally come up with a game. I am doing a word scramble that has to do with our department. I think it will be quite fun.

cftwo
05-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Lucky you with your non-growling college faculty! Maybe it's just that those here aren't the game playing type?? We are having a faculty vs. seniors softball game, but that's about it. :)

stacyk9
05-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Lucky you with your non-growling college faculty! Maybe it's just that those here aren't the game playing type?? We are having a faculty vs. seniors softball game, but that's about it. :)

Wow. A softball game sounds like a good time!