PDA

View Full Version : Question about Posting

robynbird
05-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Wasn't sure which forum to put this in.... when I post to a thread, on other boards it goes back to the main page of that forum so I can move on to other threads. Here, when I post, it then shows me my post and I have to click another link to get out of that thread and go on to another. Is there a way to change that? I hope this makes sense. Thanks!!

Jan in CA
05-04-2008, 03:00 PM
You know, I always find that annoying, too. There are a few options in your profile, but this isn't one of them. I'll send this post to Sheldon and see if there is a way he can fix it. :thumbsup:

Jan in CA
05-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Sheldon says there isn't anything he can do to fix it. Sorry! :shrug:

CognizantAmiga
05-05-2008, 08:50 AM
When I finish I just scroll back toward the top of the page and click on the forum I want to go to "General Knitting" Which will take you to the main page of the forum instead of to the next thread, which I don't always want to read. Probably you already knew that, but it took me a while to figure it out!

Eccie
05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I hit the "New Post' button when I vist and then scroll through the list of new posts, opening ones I want to read in their own tabs. When they're all open, then I go read, respond and close the tabs.

Mirl56
05-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Funny - I scroll to the bottom (since I'm closer to that end anyway) and go the "Forum Jump" - either click GO to stay in the same forum or the drop down box to change fourms.

cindycactus
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
When I finish I just scroll back toward the top of the page and click on the forum I want to go to "General Knitting" Which will take you to the main page of the forum instead of to the next thread, which I don't always want to read. Probably you already knew that, but it took me a while to figure it out!

This is what I do also. It is annoying though.:knitting:

suzeeq
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I use Firefox and with the tabs I just keep the forum list in one tab and open threads in other tabs. So when I'm done reading or post to a thread, I still have the thread list untouched in the first tab.

heatherg23
05-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I just click back twice and you will end up where you started.

robynbird
05-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Bummer that there isn't a way to fix it. Oh well. Thanks for asking and for all the tips!

Jan in CA
05-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I also use the tabs a lot in Firefox so that does help. :thumbsup: When I don't...I just don't like having to do any extra clicking. That is why I rarely click links to see photos that aren't attached or embedded. Why wait for yet another page to load.