PDA

View Full Version : Odd commute

Maddison
05-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I took a different train in this morning and I have to say it was really strange. NO ONE was talking. No cell phones, nothing. OK, it's early and it's not the city train, it's the suburban so that's no big deal. Then the strangest part happens, I take out my knitting and start working and the woman in front of me turns around and gives me a nasty look! I was using metal needles not bamboo and they were making the tiniest little click noise. It was not loud! It was as loud as if you clicked a pen open. Seriously! How strange is that???? :rofl:

Eccie
05-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Some people need more chocolate in their lives

HamaLee
05-05-2008, 02:01 PM

Honestly...so much conflict in the world could be solved chocolate and a good nap. :mrgreen:

lelvsdgs
05-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Honestly...so much conflict in the world could be solved chocolate and a good nap. :mrgreen:
I want this on my tombstone!

rachejm
05-05-2008, 05:05 PM

definitely, and perhaps a nice cup of tea

knitasha
05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I took a different train in this morning and I have to say it was really strange. NO ONE was talking. No cell phones, nothing. :rofl:

Some railroad companies now have a "silent car" on every train for people who just want to travel without the usual noise. I wonder if you got on one of these by accident.

msoebel
05-05-2008, 05:58 PM
But if it was the silent car, would it have been against the rules to explain that?

Some people need to drink their coffee before they get to work.

Indygirl
05-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Some people need more chocolate in their lives :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I agree! That was just to funny though.

tokmom
05-06-2008, 12:05 AM

You said it.:mrgreen: :rofl:

Gee, how loud are needles? What an interesting ride that would be to have it be that quiet.

tarrentella
05-06-2008, 04:21 AM
Some railroad companies now have a "silent car" on every train for people who just want to travel without the usual noise. I wonder if you got on one of these by accident.

silent cars don't normally demand that much silence! (sometimes i wish they would, i know here a lot of people's definition of silence seems to include a screaming baby. I know babies scream sometimes, but for gawds sakes i got on the quiet coach for a reason; there are 4 other regular coaches you could have chosen!)

Maybe your city has instilled a new 'No Hobby-craft' coach system, designed so as not to offend those with less dexterity and creativity first thing in the morning.

Eccie
05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Maybe your city has instilled a new 'No Hobby-craft' coach system, designed so as not to offend those with less dexterity and creativity first thing in the morning.

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Firey Vixxen
05-06-2008, 08:19 AM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
FV

Knitting_Guy
05-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Maybe they were all hung over?

Jaxhil
05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
ROFLOL-Amen! (about the nap and chocolate!!)

I heartily agree :mrgreen: (and it very well could be the hangover thing, too, Mason :teehee:)

Indygirl
05-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Maybe they were all hung over? I hadn't thought about that :roflhard: might well be the case:teehee:

evona
05-06-2008, 02:56 PM

:rofl: :rofl: Well, it was a Monday!!!

I used to take the bus and would knit all the time on them. I always took plastic needles with me. One lady took to calling me the "knitting needle lady" and I didn't think much of it. I thought it was a compliment actually. Then one day I sat right across from her and she actually rather rudely asked (more like demanded) me to move :rofl: :rofl: It was that moment I realized the "knitting needle lady" comment was meant as an insult and that she didn't like me or my knitting. NP though, there was space so I accommodated her, shook my head and thought what a sad life she must lead. :)

Cynamar
05-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I've always said that I had the sure-fire answer for world peace--morning sex and afternoon naps. Everyone would be in a slap-happy mood all the time. No more terrorists or road rage.

Wanda Witch
05-07-2008, 12:32 PM
A hangover will do it!