PDA

View Full Version : fixing a Harmony needle

ecb
05-05-2008, 08:31 PM
One of my harmony needles separated from the cone of the wire. I used super-glue, and it is NOT good enough. ARGH
:frog:I hate this
Nitpicks is gonna HATE me, I know they are SURE I do nothing but complain.

:gah:

ecb

tokmom
05-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Ouch, I hear they are good for replacements. But what a pain, especially if you need it now!

WandaT
05-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Yup, I'd place a call!! Don't you just hate that?! At least their CS dept is nice and they respond quickly.

lucky_alf2
05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
My KP Metal ones have done that (3 out of the 4 ables that came in the set! So far #4 has held but I haven't used it that much) -- very frustrating!!! I've glued them back together w/E6000 but haven't tried them yet to know if it will hold. I did call KP when the 3rd one broke and they were very nice about replacing all the troublesome cables -- I did let her know tho that if it continued to happened I'd be returning the whole thing. I'm so bummed -- I really do like knitting with them but if they don't work for me then what more can I do?.....wonder what it is I do that makes it keep on happening.....

dturner
05-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I have had the same problem with a couple of my Harmony needles. I used Super glue, and so far it has held. I still had a tiny crevice between the wood needle and the metal cone I filled in the crevice with a very tiny amount of wood putty. So far it has worked. My yarn no longer gets caught in that spot!

I have heard that Gorilla glue is very strong, but I've never tried it. Like others, I have heard that Knit Picks is very good about replacing needles, but I've never tried that, either.

Good luck!

Simply_Renee
05-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I have heard of people using Gorilla Glue to fix them with no problems.

I had a little split like a V that was catching and fraying the yarn and called them- they sent a set of replacement needles right away and I had them within about a week. I have since broken the sliver off so the needle is still useable but not really smooth.

I haven't had any of my needles come out yet and have heard that holding the wood part when tightening the cables makes the wood pop out (not that you did that, of course) so I have been careful to only touch the metal part when tightening.

I have only had mine since April 5th or so- hoping not to have any more problems.

GinnyG
05-07-2008, 12:18 PM
I love my Options but the sererating cables have been a problem. I have newver had a problem getting them replaced, an email is all it takes.

I have tried to glue them back but can never get the cable quite far enough into the hub to make it a sommoth join so I don't even try anymore. I just email Knitpicks and they send a replacement.

Too bad they can't solve this quality issue.

Plantgoddess+
05-08-2008, 10:14 PM
The only problems I have with my Harmonys is self inflicted. I do now put them in the container when I put my knitting down. Hopefully I will no longer sit on them and snap the wood.