PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a set of interchangeable needles, opinions?

Moxiemade
05-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone! I can't find a set of interchangeable knitting needles, and I thought I'd ask here.

I'm looking for either wood or metal, don't really like plastic. I want them to be able to either be a loop or able to be broken down into two needles. I like pointy tips.

The reason I'm having such a hard time is that I enjoy large needle knitting and options stops at size 11 (I'd like at least up to size 15 if I can). Denise is plastic (which I'd settle on if I couldn't find any better), and has duller tips.

Argh..

Any ideas/opinions? Thanks!

Jan in CA
05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
:passedout: There must be 5000 posts about this very subject. And if you look toward the top at the sticky posts you'll see a poll and thread dedicated to this subject. Someone posted a few days ago in the OT forum about it so do check that out and there is a search feature right under your name on the right that can help out a lot, too.

Welcome to KH! ;)

Moxiemade
05-07-2008, 02:01 PM
:passedout: There must be 5000 posts about this very subject. And if you look toward the top at the sticky posts you'll see a poll and thread dedicated to this subject. Someone posted a few days ago in the OT forum about it so do check that out and there is a search feature right under your name on the right that can help out a lot, too.

Welcome to KH! ;)

Thanks and I apologize, I didn't mean to add yet another annoying post to your forum. I've seen the other posts, but none that I saw addressed needing a larger needle point.

However, I just found out that options DOES sell larger needle sizes you can add to your set if you need to. I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out.

Dont mind me... :aww:

Jan in CA
05-08-2008, 01:24 PM
No problem at all. :hug: I love my Options. :thumbsup:

ecb
05-09-2008, 12:08 AM
No problem at all. :hug: I love my Options. :thumbsup:

Yeah, what she said!!!!!!!!!!

Both parts

ecb

heatherg23
05-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone! I can't find a set of interchangeable knitting needles, and I thought I'd ask here.

If your looking for them IN a store, so far the only place that sells them is Hobby Lobby. I don't know if you have one near you. I went there yesterday looking for the same thing. The only problem is that they only had 12 inch & I think 21 inch cables. I'm looking for longer onces. I ended up buying a 32 inch circular.

Michaels doesn't sell them I cant figure out why.

Otherwise I guess we have to look on the net.

Heather:)

Cynamar
05-09-2008, 09:39 PM
The day that my stimulus check gets here I am ordering Options with the extra sizes!