PDA

View Full Version : KP Comfy Yarn?

Jaxhil
05-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Has anyone tried this new yarn from Knit Picks? It looks really nice (I love LB's CottonEase, too) and I would love to try this. How does it compare with their pima cotton/ merino blend-Main line? I was debating between these...hmmm...

Any thoughts, or experience with it? I love the colors it comes in too :inlove: Thanks!

lactosefree
05-11-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm knitting the burridge lake afghan with the Comfy right now. I bought 35 skeins of it in color ivory. I've never used cotton ease or main line so I don't have anything to compare it to. I bought it because it's machine washable and a lighter fiber than wool (summer wedding present).

I like the yarn itself. It has great stitch definition and it's soft. My only complaint would be that it's a little bit fuzzy. The fuzzy/linty-ness of the yarn isn't too bad since it's for a blanket. I'm hoping it will be better once it goes through the wash. But, I've knit with pima cotton before and pima tends to be linty and fuzzy in general.

Phretys
05-11-2008, 03:35 AM
To me, Comfy feels a lot softer than Cotton-Ease. I made a Baby Bolero and a pair of booties in Pomegranate and they are very soft to the touch. I've never tried Main Line so I don't know how they compare.

I've heard that Comfy can pill a bit, and also after washing it will slightly shrink vertically but not horizontally. Otherwise, I think it's a nice yarn.

Jaxhil
05-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks so much for your feedback, Phretys & Lactosefree! That helps a lot. It must be reaaaally soft, because my Mom made a sweater for my DD from LB Cotton-ease and it is *soft* and lovely.

I will have to give it a try, when my budget can fit it in :p

thanks again!

Phretys
05-12-2008, 01:02 AM
One thing I forgot to mention:
A skein of Comfy has half the yardage of a skein of Cotton-Ease (109 yd compared to 207 yd), which basically means a lot more ends to weave in if you make anything large like a sweater.