PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the end of Yarn Puke?

figaro
05-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I had to go out and buy more red cotton to make more apple dishcloths for my kids teachers end of year gifts and since my oldest daughters teacher loves green apple, I bought Sugar n' Cream Hot cream (more like green apple). I was just going to cast on when I was searching for the end when I look at it and it was tucked into the outside of the yarn! :cheering: I know, it may sound silly but it is so nice that they thought of us digging around in the yarn and then pulling out 25 yards of yarn and then have to search for the end!

So I thought I would share it with all of you, I always say that it is the little things that make me happy...

Plantgoddess+
05-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Isn't it nice it takes so little to make a knitter happy.

Puddinpop
05-11-2008, 10:01 PM
The title of your post drew me in and then you say hot cream that looks green and I am suddenly thinking BARF. Anyway, I just had to share. I'm glad you found the end of your yarn easily. Why would they name green yarn hot cream?

cristina61
05-12-2008, 02:42 AM
The title of your post drew me in and then you say hot cream that looks green and I am suddenly thinking BARF. Anyway, I just had to share. I'm glad you found the end of your yarn easily. Why would they name green yarn hot cream?
Hot Green, maybe?

I have some Sugar 'n Cream Hot Blue.

GinnyG
05-12-2008, 05:53 AM
I always use the end on the outside of the skein, so the skein unravels from the outside in, completely avoids all yarn puke. It is ususally under the label.

McKnitty
05-12-2008, 10:23 AM
This makes me happy too! S&C is so easy to find the end of the yarn, and I haven't (so far) found any knots either. This yarn is very user friendly. The more 'expensive' yarns could learn a lesson.

I want to know more about the apple dishcloth. Is it shaped like an apple? Or is it an embossed design? Do you have a picture?

Eccie
05-12-2008, 11:41 AM
I was just going to cast on when I was searching for the end when I look at it and it was tucked into the outside of the yarn! :cheering: I know, it may sound silly but it is so nice that they thought of us digging around in the yarn and then pulling out 25 yards of yarn and then have to search for the end!

Really? I started, well tried to start, a new ball/skein of Sugar n cream yesterday and had a huge yarn vomit. There were no tangles though and the pulling out the whole inside of the ball is what I expect from sugar n cream. Not that it matters that much because that vomited yarn gets used up super fast. Maybe I got an old ball and the new and improved ones haven't hit my shelves yet :)

figaro
05-12-2008, 02:45 PM
McKnitty, here is the pattern I am using. I should probably print it again as the one I am using is getting pretty tattered up! http://www.knittingknonsense.com/applecloth.html
And I am helping (read:doing most of it) the girls make some homemade type soaps to give with them.

madametj
05-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I love it when they do that, makes things so much simpler!