PDA

View Full Version : Knitting into the Mystery/Knitting for Peace reviews?

redheadrachel
05-14-2008, 03:05 AM
Does anyone have this book? Do you like it/find it worth purchasing for someone who's really interested in types of knitting ministry? What about Knitting for Peace? Is that worth purchasing (like, will it provide me with more than just addresses/sites of charities I could find online for free)?

Thanks :) I'm reading reviews but just wanna see what my KHers think!

McKnitty
05-14-2008, 10:32 AM
I have Knitting for Peace and I really like it. It tells the background stories for several charities, which is very interesting. It also has several patterns for different charity projects. I knit the bear for the Mother Bear project, which was a lot of fun. However, to be honest, you can find most of the patterns (that are in the book) online for free.

I just checked and this book is available on KnitPicks. You can view some images from the book and there is also an audio review from Kelley.

Jan in CA
05-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I'd never heard of the first one, but looked it up on Amazon. If you really like to knit shawls then that would be the one to get. If you want more variety then Knitting for Peace is excellent. I have it and have made several things from it. It was a fun and inspiring read, too.

Look them up on Knitpicks and you can search inside, too.