PDA

View Full Version : The Seed Stitch Blues...

jdee
05-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Recently, I started making the Monk's Travel Satchel. http://www.knittingdaily.com/freepatterns/bags/Monks_Travel_Satchel_Felted_Bag_Pattern38-1.html The strap and gusset piece is 74 inches of seed stitch, which I'm knitting with size 5 needles. I've used up two balls of yarn, and I was thinking I was almost there, but I measured my piece, and it's only about 52. GRRR! I was so sure I was through, and ready to move to the next piece. It's not that I don't like seed stitch. I think it's beautiful, it's just that, a different color, and stitch, would be so nice right now.

Karina
05-16-2008, 05:00 AM
I did a 12 inch blanket square once in seed stitch and it drove me nuts could only do 1 or 2 inches at a time and them reward myself with some more interesting knitting. took me about 10 days to finish the square. I do love the look of the square though and would do it again I would just make sure I had a little something on the side like a pair of socks or some lace to alleviate the boredom.

Once it is done you will be well pleased with your achievement and well done for completing 52 inches.

HollyP
05-17-2008, 09:55 AM
I love that bag! But the thought of all that seed stitch is what has kept me from knitting it. You are well over half way through -way to go!:yay:

What yarn are you using?

Crycket
05-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I did a whole Gryffindor scarf in seed stitch...cause I didn't have enough time to do the kinda scarf I wanted before a Hogwarts camp I did. It actually gets a lot of compliments....

But I certainly hear ya...it sux!

jdee
05-17-2008, 01:44 PM
What yarn are you using?

I'm using cascade sierra. I don't remember the exact names of the colors, but the strap/gusset, I'm doing in brown, the front and back pieces will be a sagey green color, and the trims will be off-white.

I have a confession. I put my brown strip to the side last night, and started working on my front piece, just for a little break. :teehee:

Cynamar
05-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I haven't done anything in seed stitch yet because I hate switcing back and forth that frequently! You're doing great, though. Keep it up!

Becky Morgan
05-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Don't look at me...I'm STILL knitting on a T-shirt in the prettiest peacock blue Micro Spun...between the yarn and acres of moss stitch, I may go nuts before it's done! (Both sleeves done and about 11" of the sweater. Still...AAAAAGH!)

Cynamar
05-17-2008, 06:18 PM
That is a good-looking satchel pattern.

VictoiseC
05-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Seed Stitch Blues! I love that name, would make a great song!

Ha, can you believe I am making some seed stich shorts! :shock: yup
It's a pattern in Rowan's summer magazine and they look so cute but I hate doing seed for so long. (they're little short shorts and I'll probably look ridiculous in them but I'm giving it a shot anyhow.

jdee
05-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Seed Stitch Blues! I love that name, would make a great song!

Ha, can you believe I am making some seed stich shorts! :shock: yup
It's a pattern in Rowan's summer magazine and they look so cute but I hate doing seed for so long. (they're little short shorts and I'll probably look ridiculous in them but I'm giving it a shot anyhow.
Oh, I'll bet they'll be cute. So I guess we're all singin' the seed stitch blues....