PDA

View Full Version : Keeping fingers crossed

gingerbread
05-16-2008, 06:56 AM
A short review of me. I have had three back surgeries and now live with a pain that is really bad. I am on so many pills it is scary. I tell them where the pain is and they just won't answer me about it. :tap: It is in my butt and so I can't sit for long and walking is a no no. Well after I don't know how many shots in my back and hips I am just about ready to scream.:hair: Well the pain doctor just couldn't find the right spot as his words, so this is the last resort surgery. Yes ok I say what is it. He says it is a implanted wire that goes into my spine. Now I really had to mull that one over with my husband. This is a life time thing.:passedout: Well the more I read about SCS, spinal cord stimulation.
I read up on it and my husband had to call the insurance company to see if they would pay for this. Yes they do and the ones that he has approved worked great. :happydance:
So I call said doctor and go ahead with the procedure and now it is time to have some test to make sure I am sane, and then for a trial SCS. What this does is send a tingle down from my lower back to both my legs and feet. It worked like a charm now after 8 years of this It Is Going To Stop Hurting. :woot: So come May 30th I go in to have the real deal put in. I am so excited about this procedure that I am on cloudcloud9.
I have to stay over night but that is ok too. I am so grateful for this I feel like a little girl again. My own doctor said if it weren't for my back I am in perfect health. :happydance:I can't wait to be pain free to come home and be able to do the little things like to vac the house instead of my husband. Things that are so simple hurt my back and legs so that I have to go to bed for a couple of days. Oh to get rid of the canes for walking so I don't fall down. The meds are that strong I sleep most of the day and night. It is just awful. :ick:
So now I count the days to May 30th and wait to be pain free.:woot:

:waving:

Knit4Pie
05-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Hope it all goes really well for you!! Now too long now -- although I'm sure for you it seems like almost forever!

Knitting_Guy
05-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Good luck with it. I considered SCS myself but lacking insurance just couldn't afford it. I hope it gives you the long term relief you're seeking.

auburnchick
05-16-2008, 08:23 AM
I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

gingerbread
05-16-2008, 09:21 AM
If it anything like the test run it is going to be wonderful.
Mason I am sorry that you can't have it done. The doctor gave us a code to give the insurance and yup it did cover it. It is expensive I don't remember what he said it cost. In fact I think my husband gave the code and the guy he talk to just laughed. He said that it was not that bad for money :shock:. He had given permission for much larger sums of money:passedout:. I just wait and count the days. Thank goodness I can knit and make the time go faster.

Thank you aubernchick for keeping me in your prayers. It will help knowing that.
I will keep everyone updated once it is put in and I get home.

:waving:

tarrentella
05-16-2008, 12:00 PM
big hugs for you and i will be keeping you in my thoughts. there is a lot of joint disease in my family so i have sen what it is like to be on constant meds and in constant pain. I am so happy that you will finally have a way out. all the best to you.

losnana
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Crossed Fingers :pray: Gingerbread, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us advised.

cindycactus
05-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Only 14 more days to go. Good luck. I hope this relieves your pain and you can get on with living and knitting. :pray:

mks22300
05-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh, good luck to you! I hope everything goes well! :hug:

saracidaltendencies
05-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Good luck to you, hoping for the best! :hug: