PDA

View Full Version : Positive thoughts for my brother

tarrentella
05-16-2008, 12:08 PM
My brother and his partner are trying to adopt. They are registered with an agency who has been handling their application (for aproval as adoptive parents). This process has taken almost three years now (the agency has been particularly strict, since they are a same sex couple) and it has been very difficult for them.
They were supposed to have their hearing in April but it got delayed again, then their agent had booked a holiday at the time the May hearing was held (how unproffesional, hearings are only held once a month) but finally they have a date set for June 3rd.

Finger crossed that this time there will be no delays and they will get the aproval they deserve!

Sunshine's Mom
05-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Crossed Fingers :pray:

figaro
05-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Crossed Fingers

Knit4Fun
05-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Sending love and prayers...hey, June 3 is my birthday so it's got a good vibe to it already...lol... :hug:

Raeknitsnwa
05-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Your brother & his patner are in my thought Crossed Fingers. I hope everything works out in their favor

evona
05-16-2008, 01:57 PM
I'll send positive thoughts your brother and his partner's way Crossed Fingers :hug: :hug:

saracidaltendencies
05-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Crossed Fingers Hope it works our for them!

mks22300
05-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Good luck to them! Crossed Fingers

blueeyes28
05-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Crossed Fingers :pray: Crossed Fingers :pray: Good luck to them.

ecb
05-16-2008, 08:56 PM
daily, nightly, until I hear one way or the other
what state are they in? some really have it in for same sex couples, no matter \how illegal that is

tarrentella
05-17-2008, 04:42 AM
In the UK, but the same applies here. It is legal the country over, but some county councils are more close minded than others. that is why it has taken so long to get to this stage, they had to make sure that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the application that a prejudice council could us as an excuse.
They changed glass in door so hat it was all safety glass, re did their front garden so that all the plants were 100% child safe, rehung pictures on their walls so that they were at a recomended chils dafe height, put a new carpet on the stair so that it was deemed to be 'less splippery' and so on.
Thinsg that most couples wouldnt normally have to do, just note that they were aware of the associated risks but my brother and his partner have got to be so carfull.

Silver
05-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Sounds like they're very prepared. Good luck to them!! :hug:

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Wishing them good luck on the cookie muncher.

ritaw
05-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Crossed Fingers god luck to them both :)

newamy
05-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Good luck to them! As an adoptive parent myself I'm all for it. :star:

When same sex couples are barred from adopting the real victims are the children. There are 100,000 children world wide waiting for homes. Granted same sex parents will be a unique home situation; but it will be a home. Harry Holt said "Every Child deserves a home of his own." If the couple are good, honest, upstanding, responsible, people that is all that should matter. Hundreds upon hundreds less responsible people give birth everyday and they get to be parents with no background check! Although the process of our getting approval for adoption was much more straight forward than what your brother is experiencing it still rankled that we had to do a home study.

heatherg23
05-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers ---------> june

Spikey
05-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Here's wishing them all the best! What a lucky child to (hopefully) be adopted by these two such giving people.