PDA

View Full Version : I have been wanting to ask this forever....

figaro
05-16-2008, 04:50 PM
and I am still not sure if I should but everytime I see these I wonder what they mean. Off to the left side of here, under your name, there is a phrase, it could be "Turning the Heel", "Ribbing the Cuff", "Working the Gusset", "1st Leg of the Journey", "etc. What do they mean? I know some of them have to do with socks but what about the last one? I feel like a newbie asking but you know when you have one of those little nagging questions that you feel silly asking but you still have to?

Thank you!

auburnchick
05-16-2008, 04:51 PM
and I am still not sure if I should but everytime I see these I wonder what they mean. Off to the left side of here, under your name, there is a phrase, it could be "Turning the Heel", "Ribbing the Cuff", "Working the Gusset", "1st Leg of the Journey", "etc. What do they mean? I know some of them have to do with socks but what about the last one? I feel like a newbie asking but you know when you have one of those little nagging questions that you feel silly asking but you still have to?

Thank you!

This is related to the number of posts you have written. The more you post, the further along you are in the virtual sock.

Not a dumb question at all!

figaro
05-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks Auburn! I kinda get the ribbing the cuff and all but what about 1st leg of journey? Is that supposed to mean that the 1st virtual sock is done?

annomalley
05-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks Auburn! I kinda get the ribbing the cuff and all but what about 1st leg of journey? Is that supposed to mean that the 1st virtual sock is done?

It means that you're knitting the leg of your first virtual sock. :)

auburnchick
05-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Or does it mean that you're done with the first sock?

Silver
05-16-2008, 06:25 PM
They're "rank" titles that change as your post count increases. They're just for fun, and don't imply anything about your participation, which is why we kept them fun and relating to sock knitting. Your virtual socks are worked cuff down, and when you finish your pair of socks, you'll find yourself hopelessly addicted to sock yarns, which is oh so true. :teehee:

These are all the ranks in order:
Casting On
Ribbing the Cuff
1st Leg of the Journey
Knitting the Flap
Turning the Heel
Working the Gusset
Instepping Out
Grafting the Toe
2nd Sock, I Rock
Sock Yarn Bliss

figaro
05-16-2008, 06:33 PM
:teehee:hat is what I was wondering about! The order of it all.

Well, at least here I am doing the part the confuses the heck outta me IRL! :teehee:(turning the heel)

feministmama
05-17-2008, 01:34 AM
I didn''t know the order either and I've been here a long time too. :teehee:

Inis
05-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Now I have to post to see what mine says. :teehee:

Silver
05-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Well I'm supposedly on the "moderator" part of my sock, but I can't figure out where that is. :teehee:

Jan in CA
05-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Well I'm supposedly on the "moderator" part of my sock, but I can't figure out where that is. :teehee:

:roflhard:

babsnelson
05-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks for asking the question....I've always wondered too!