PDA

View Full Version : Wanna See Something Scary?

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Just me goofing around with my camera.

http://masonm.joeuser.com/article/312400/Got_My_Full_Summer_Look_Going_On

Plantgoddess+
05-17-2008, 03:04 PM
The knitting looks good.

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 03:19 PM
The knitting looks good.

:roflhard:

letah75
05-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Woo Woo! If I wasn't getting married......:muah:

:teehee:

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Woo Woo! If I wasn't getting married......:muah:

:teehee:

Horror fan eh? :rofl:

evona
05-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:out:

Just kidding! Those pics aren't scary at all :)

letah75
05-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Nope, just an admirer of a man with sharp objects who aren't scared to use them.:yay:

evona
05-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Nope, just an admirer of a man with sharp objects who aren't scared to use them.:yay:

not to change the subject, but I had to laugh at this comment. When I was taking the bus I thought about making a sticker for my knitting basket that said "I have knitting needles and I'm not afraid to use them". I figured it would keep the one woman who always sneered at me while I knit away :rofl:

ecb
05-17-2008, 04:53 PM
My 10 yo daughter says "just because he is knitting does not mean he is not SCAREY MOM!!! are you CRAZY!?!?!?"

great pics

ecb

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 05:15 PM
My 10 yo daughter says "just because he is knitting does not mean he is not SCAREY MOM!!! are you CRAZY!?!?!?"

great pics

ecb

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

From the mouths of babes. Best laugh I've had all day.

Cynamar
05-17-2008, 05:18 PM
You ain't bad at all and you have beautiful eyes!

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 05:30 PM
beautiful eyes!

I've had em since I was a kid.

JessicaR
05-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I think you're a cutie :wink:

iwouldratherbeknitting
05-17-2008, 05:58 PM
I've had em since I was a kid.
IS there something you aren't telling us? I've had my eyes since I was a baby....:roflhard:

Did you run in the house with scissors??? OR outside with a stick in your hand?

HamaLee
05-17-2008, 06:03 PM
I love the smirk in the second one (with the disarming knitting). :teehee:

flea
05-17-2008, 06:11 PM
These are great! I love the muscle shirt, shaved head, 'stache, and knitting needles look. So ooh la la.

Cynamar
05-17-2008, 06:20 PM
haha My daughter says, "Thanks. They came with the face"

snowbear
05-17-2008, 06:48 PM
The pic w/ you knitting makes you look so kind, and approachable. The others, well, I would not want to tell you I hit your truck or sat on your hat..

Knitting does make a difference in our lives..

missmom31
05-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Not scary at all! I agree with the others, you have beautiful, kind eyes. And whatya knittin'??

mare-nitt
05-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Are you sure your a truck driver by trade, I see lots of drivers everyday at work, and only two that are known knitters and none that clean up that good.
Your a package, good eye catcher and a knitter and a sense of humor. Wow
So, what are you working on? Blue eyes.

missmom31
05-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Sorry to post so soon again...how is your Mom, Mason?? I have just been reading back thru the thread here and see that she had surgery as short time ago. I pray that she is doing well. Please know she (and your family) will remain in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless. Patty

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 07:41 PM
IS there something you aren't telling us? I've had my eyes since I was a baby....:roflhard:

Did you run in the house with scissors??? OR outside with a stick in your hand?

:rofl:
Semantics

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 07:41 PM
haha My daughter says, "Thanks. They came with the face"

I'll have to remember that one.

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 07:42 PM
The pic w/ you knitting makes you look so kind, and approachable. The others, well, I would not want to tell you I hit your truck or sat on your hat..

Knitting does make a difference in our lives..

I'm much nicer than I look :rofl:

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Not scary at all! I agree with the others, you have beautiful, kind eyes. And whatya knittin'??

Thanks. That's the neck band and beginning of the raglan increases for a sweater

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Are you sure your a truck driver by trade, I see lots of drivers everyday at work, and only two that are known knitters and none that clean up that good.
Your a package, good eye catcher and a knitter and a sense of humor. Wow
So, what are you working on? Blue eyes.

Awww, lots of truckers clean up better than ugly ole me.

Working on a sweater.

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Sorry to post so soon again...how is your Mom, Mason?? I have just been reading back thru the thread here and see that she had surgery as short time ago. I pray that she is doing well. Please know she (and your family) will remain in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless. Patty

Thanks, she's doing as well as can be expected. She's a little depressed trying to cope with losing her voice box, but physically she's healing. Thanks for asking.

auburnchick
05-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks, she's doing as well as can be expected. She's a little depressed trying to cope with losing her voice box, but physically she's healing. Thanks for asking.

Mason,

When she had surgery, they removed her voice box???

Oh wow! I had absolutely no idea.

:hug:

bethany
05-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Mason, you look all bad a$$!!! :) Love it.

I'm sorry about your mom losing her larynx. I wondered (it's the speech language pathologist in me). Tell her I said now she can use her hands to tell people what she really wants to say...there's all sorts of hand gestures she can use now! ;) Seriously though, hugs to you guys, and healing thoughts too.

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Mason,

When she had surgery, they removed her voice box???

Oh wow! I had absolutely no idea.

:hug:

Yeah, this is her second time around with throat cancer and they felt it was the surest way to prevent it from coming back again.

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Mason, you look all bad a$$!!! :) Love it.

I'm sorry about your mom losing her larynx. I wondered (it's the speech language pathologist in me). Tell her I said now she can use her hands to tell people what she really wants to say...there's all sorts of hand gestures she can use now! ;) Seriously though, hugs to you guys, and healing thoughts too.

Thanks. She's doing a pretty good job of communicating, but she's just frustrated right now. I told her last night that while it's hard right now she'll eventually adjust. She has a voice synthesizer she just needs to practice using it.

Jan in CA
05-17-2008, 09:29 PM
You look great, Mason! It looks nice and cool! It was 97 here today..I could do with a shaved head, too. LOL

I can only imagine how frustrated your mom must feel right now. Fortunately with time and love she'll adjust. Keeping fingers crossed that she continues to heal well and remains cancer free! :hug:

Wanda Witch
05-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Scary? Never in a umpteen million years. You have a kind face, know you would help someone in distress, if needed. Gotta tell you a short story: Back in 1953 as a young woman driving down from Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory (now Los Alamos National Labs), the lights on my old clunker went kaput. I pulled over to the side of the road, frighened, not knowing what to to do. It was about midnight. Well, along comes a truck, the driver knew what had happened, signaled (without even getting out of his rig to probably frighten a young woman even more) and I followed him all the way into Santa Fe, NM. I waved off when I came to the street I knew and never have forgotten such a wonderful person. SO, I know you would never frighten anyone, God bless the truckers of this country. Thanks for reading, Mason. My prayers are with your wonderful mom all the way, my middle name is also Jeanne.

saracidaltendencies
05-17-2008, 10:27 PM
You just rock!

Dangles
05-18-2008, 03:31 AM
Cool pictures, Mason.

I had no idea your mom had lost her larynx. I am still praying for her.

jcmom
05-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Pics are not scary at all, but I thought you shaved your head in support of the treatment your mom has coming up.......

Knitting_Guy
05-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Pics are not scary at all, but I thought you shaved your head in support of the treatment your mom has coming up.......

Nice thought but no, I do it every Summer.

Jen17
05-18-2008, 09:47 PM
My prayers are with you and your Mom also...my grandfather who I loved very much had throat cancer back in the 60's when there wasn't too much to do.

I had to write after I read Wanda's post..it brought back a memory that I hadn't thought of in a long time.

In 1980 or so I was driving with my 2 very small children on 95 north in Florida almost into Georgia a long time ago. Some idiot was playing games with me and a truck driver noticed, so he got behind me and stayed there. The next thing I know another big truck came off an exit ramp and was now in front of me. They stayed that way until the sun came up and I was in South Carolina. I always wished that there was some way that I could have thanked them!

Jen

missmom31
05-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Mason~just a note...my brother in law had his voice box removed a few years ago due to throat cancer. he did the radiation and the chemo as well. the chemo was not that bad for him, he didn't lose too much of his hair and felt pretty well throughout the treatments. i hope your mom does well with her post-operative recovery and her treatments. i will remember her all of her care-givers and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Patty

Doublereeder2
05-18-2008, 10:54 PM
I think you look great!

Ronda
05-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Mason, you crack me up. Love the pictures. You do look intimidating though, even WITH the knitting! I was telling my husband about you and your mom - the conversation was actually about the knitting project for your mom. I started with "there's this guy on the knitting board who takes his knitting in the bars with him...". He doesn't believe me! (He works in a steel mill and knows other guys can be brutal!) Now I can show him your pictures, and maybe he'll believe me!

Knitting_Guy
05-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Mason, you crack me up. Love the pictures. You do look intimidating though, even WITH the knitting! I was telling my husband about you and your mom - the conversation was actually about the knitting project for your mom. I started with "there's this guy on the knitting board who takes his knitting in the bars with him...". He doesn't believe me! (He works in a steel mill and knows other guys can be brutal!) Now I can show him your pictures, and maybe he'll believe me!

mwhite
05-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Great Pix! Kinda gives a whole new meaning to Cheesecake! LOL!

Knit4Fun
05-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey...we almost got a full-on smile there! Woo hoo! :woot:

Nice photos...not scary at all...

gailf
05-19-2008, 04:12 PM
My father had the same operation and he eventually learned to cope quite well.
It was more than a few years ago but he had a device that he used that allowed him to make himself understood, sort of like a microphone that he put near his throat that amplified the sound.

sinistral_needler
05-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Holy Crap! There IS such thing as a manly man. Thank GOD! Yous guys are hard to come by ..

bambi
05-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Hi Mason!

You don't look scary to me! The color of your sweater will look GREAT on you.

I am still praying for your mom. Losing your voice is a huge transition but if it makes her cancer free, she won't regret it. It will take some time to get used to the voice amplifier but she will be able to communicate well with it.

Bambi

lelvsdgs
05-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Not scary at all, but I would like a better look at that tattoo.... :)

Knitting_Guy
05-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Not scary at all, but I would like a better look at that tattoo.... :)

This one?
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/mason61/shield.jpg?t=1211290056

mwhite
05-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Now THAT'S scary!

Knitting_Guy
05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Now THAT'S scary!

knitncook
05-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks for sharing the "Summer Do" Now can we get one of you smiling? :)

Knitting_Guy
05-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks for sharing the "Summer Do" Now can we get one of you smiling? :)

Thanks

I was smiling in the second one. Well, sort of. :rofl:

I've never been one of those people who do the fake smile for the camera thing. Just doesn't feel right.

Knit4Fun
05-21-2008, 11:43 AM
My husband is just like that...he tries to tell me he has this disorder-type of thing where he simply cannot fake a smile for a camera. And now his son does it too (age 14) - of course, being a teenager he typically looks like someone shot his best friend when 'forced' to be seen in public with us when we actually dare to have a camera! :teehee: It's fun to run up to him and throw my arms around him and try to smooch him while someone takes a photo...hey, a step-mom's gotta get her revenge somehow, right?!

Knitting_Guy
05-21-2008, 11:50 AM
My husband is just like that...he tries to tell me he has this disorder-type of thing where he simply cannot fake a smile for a camera. And now his son does it too (age 14) - of course, being a teenager he typically looks like someone shot his best friend when 'forced' to be seen in public with us when we actually dare to have a camera! :teehee: It's fun to run up to him and throw my arms around him and try to smooch him while someone takes a photo...hey, a step-mom's gotta get her revenge somehow, right?!

Yer mean!

Knit4Fun
05-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Yer mean!

Absolutely! :mrgreen:

fibrenut
05-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Mason, hun, what more could a woman ask for???!!!
A PHAT studly man, who knits n has tatts!!!!
OOOOO BABAY!!!!! :aww: :clink: :thumbsup: :roflhard: :notworthy: :whistle:
ETA: Not to mention the handlebar/ goatee is as Paris Hilton would say.... "That's hot!!"
Mua HaHa Teehee!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-26-2008, 02:56 PM
glad I got to see the gun show wooooo

Knitting_Guy
05-26-2008, 02:58 PM
glad I got to see the gun show wooooo