PDA

View Full Version : Lily Chin

mathwizard
05-18-2008, 09:26 AM
My LYS was giving a class yesterday and Lily Chin was the teacher. She is interesting and funny and very informative. She started with cast ons (more than one method), increases, decreases, adding stitches,binding off and weaving in ends. It was a class in tips and tricks for knitters. Buttons and button holes will be a snap now. She is teaching the same class at the conference in July but her class was sold out. I was lucky she came to our LYS and was teaching it. I would take any class taught by her as she is very good!!!!!!!:woohoo::cheering:

dustinac
05-18-2008, 09:54 AM
:yay: how cool!

I have only seen her on Knitty gritty and she seemed like she had a lot of tricks for knitting...she knits very fast too and crochets even faster...:happydance:

cheley
05-18-2008, 10:17 AM
My LYS was giving a class yesterday and Lily Chan was the teacher. She is interesting and funny and very informative. She started with cast ons (more than one method), increases, decreases, adding stitches,binding off and weaving in ends. It was a class in tips and tricks for knitters. Buttons and button holes will be a snap now. She is teaching the same class at the conference in July but her class was sold out. I was lucky she came to our LYS and was teaching it. I would take any class taught by her as she is very good!!!!!!!:woohoo::cheering:Do you mean "Chin"?? if that's "her" I watch her all the time...I love her techniques and her yarns are fab....How lucky are you????

Debkcs
05-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I was thinking it was 'Chin' also. Watching her crochet is amazing! It's not just speed, either, she's accurate and piece comes out beautifully.

Jan in CA
05-18-2008, 07:44 PM
If you mean Lily Chin then I've seen her on Knitty Gritty. How cool to see her in person.

mathwizard
05-19-2008, 07:54 AM
I was so excited to meet her I forgot to mention she is coming out with a new book on the same topics as the class she taught. I bought her book Knitting and Crochet with Beads. Naturally she autographed it! She makes it so easy to do!
I can't get Knitty Gritty on my tv as it cost way to much for extra stations. Is she as personable on tv as she is in person? Really friendly and very nice when you need help.