PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Sweater Coming Along

Knitting_Guy
05-19-2008, 08:59 AM
While I've been busy with laundry and assorted other odds and ends, I managed to spend a little time working on the raglan sweater.

I started it at the neck on 16" Options and have transferred it twice so that now it's on Options with 32" cable. I'm still working on the raglan increases but now it's starting to take shape and I can see how it's going to look.

I tried it on last night when I transferred it over to the 32" cable. The neck fits perfectly and the raglan section lays just as it's supposed to. I like being able to try it on as I go, that makes it much easier to ensure a decent fit.

Even though I did all the measurements and calculations for this, it's very cool to see it starting to take shape.

There are a couple of small mistakes in it, but nothing I can't live with and I doubt anyone but me will even notice them. Surely not worth tinking or frogging.

I'll try and post some progress pics once it gets to a point that it actually looks like something worth taking a picture of.

It's quite fun to see it starting to take shape. :mrgreen:

boo1
05-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Looking forward to some pics!

:thumbsup:

paiva
05-19-2008, 09:09 AM
GREAT NEWS! Can't wait to see it!! YEAY!

dustinac
05-19-2008, 09:33 AM
:yay: YAY! Can't wait to see it...

cindycactus
05-19-2008, 01:24 PM
The color you picked is beautiful. Will go with your eyes. :thumbsup:

Knit4Pie
05-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Can't wait to see it! I'm sure it will look great!

Cynamar
05-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Is this with your new blue yarn?

Knitting_Guy
05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
cloud9Is this with your new blue yarn?

Yep

gotta knit
05-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Sounds like you've got a great start there, look forward to the pictures.
I've just joined my sleeves and body section for the yoke and shaping of my bottom-up raglan, will have to take it off the needle to see how it's fitting (which is so much more aggravating).

Knitting_Guy
05-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Sounds like you've got a great start there, look forward to the pictures.
I've just joined my sleeves and body section for the yoke and shaping of my bottom-up raglan, will have to take it off the needle to see how it's fitting (which is so much more aggravating).

That's one reason I am liking the top down, it's really easy to try it on as I go. This evening I should be at a point to try it on again. I'll probably snap a progress pic at that point.

Jan in CA
05-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah! It is fun to watch it come together.:yay:

Debkcs
05-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I've been making one for my DGD, tried it on her last week, and frogged it that evening. Can't get the neck right.

Good luck on yours, can't wait to see the pictures.