PDA

View Full Version : OH ME OH MY!

YouCantBuyThisMovement
05-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I have a very big problem. I just joined ravelry and there are so many beautiful things on that site to make:woohoo:. The problem is I want to make them all. OH Dear.cloud9

I am SavvyKnits on ravelry!

Knitting_Guy
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Sounds like you'll stay busy for a long while :rofl:

Knit4Fun
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the big dilemma when it comes to Ravelry. Take it from me, unless you have money to burn...don't join any group on there that has the word 'sale' in its title - it's too dangerous for words...:teehee:

McKnitty
05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I know the feeling. If I live to be 100, I still won't have enough time to knit everything I want to knit! Instead of that being depressing, I think of it as meaning that I'll always have something fun to look forward to doing.

SBG
05-19-2008, 06:35 PM
What's rivelry?

evona
05-19-2008, 06:51 PM
:roflhard: I can feel your pain. You should see my queue!

lelvsdgs
05-19-2008, 07:23 PM
That was my reaction... so many projects, so little time... :drool:

suecq
05-19-2008, 07:37 PM
ralvelty is a knitting forum that you can join. I believe there is still a short waiting list (about a week) and that is because the site is still in beta and they can only admit about 1000 a day. Once a member you have your own database of stash, books, projects, needles. You can search for specific patterns or yarn uses. There are many groups you can join. It really is a good tool for knitters.

I find it great to look up stuff, but prefer this site for help and fellowship.

Just go to www.ravelry.com. There is a place to join the waiting list. Well wrth the effort.

mathwizard
05-20-2008, 07:44 AM
I have a friend that meets at our LYS and her name on Ravelry is Stitchingnut. You should check out her projects. I wonder when she ever has time to eat, sleep or have fun doing anything else. She always has a new project on Thursday nights. I see so much I would like to do and make and wonder if I will ever have enough time!:woohoo:

Sue Miller
05-20-2008, 11:11 AM
A week? I've been waiting almost a year! I even went back once about 6 mos. ago to sign up again in case they skipped over me or something....Anyone else waiting a loooong time to get in?

iza
05-20-2008, 11:20 AM
:?? I signed up a long time ago and it didn't take very long. It really shouldn't take a year, that's for sure. I think some people noticed that their invitation email can get flagged as spam. That would be the simplest explanation. :shrug: If you sign up again, make sure to check your spam mail regularly!

Sue Miller
05-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Iza! I never check my spam box (I always feel like I need to shower afterwards!:ick:), but I signed up again and this time I'll check it to be sure....they also have the "Waiting List Checker" that I never noticed before, so that'll help.

suzeeq
05-20-2008, 01:04 PM
You can contact them and they'll send you what you need to get in. You probably got it over 6 months ago and your junk mailbox ate it. If you use the same email addy to sign up again, they'll probably send the information anyway.

YouCantBuyThisMovement
05-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't think I waited that long 2 weeks maybe. I agree with Suecq about this being the better website for fellowship and getting help with things. All I know is I am so in love with ravelry.

Puddinpop
05-24-2008, 09:51 PM
That doesn't make sense. I joined and was in after only a couple of days. I would check again, if I were you.

Sue Miller
05-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, Iza was right (apparently Gmail's spam filters are just that good!) I signed up on the Ravelry website again, and they resent my invitation and I was in before the day was over! I've been lost in Ravelry ever since. It's like finally getting in to see Disneyland cloud9