PDA

View Full Version : FOUND.. Help Identifying Yarn?

astonh
05-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Thank you! Got a PM with a suggestion that led to another that led to another... Found several (although not exactly, close enough for my purps) comparison yarns.

You guys ROCK!

Oh..what I found was:
Garnstudio's "Bomull-lin" is a basic, worsted weight cotton-blend yarn with a subtle sheen. Made from 53% cotton and 47% linen

"Morocco" by Reynolds is a slightly hairy, plied yarn with a tight spin. It is crafted of 50% cotton and 50% linen and can be used for tanks, accessories, summer bags, and pullovers

"Willow" from Tahki is a basic, cotton-blend yarn in solid colors with a very subtle sheen. Made from 66% linen and 34% cotton, "Willow" is commonly suited to shawls, lightweight sweaters, and vests.

Lang Yarns' "Zeta" is a worsted weight, plied yarn. Made of 70% cotton and 30% linen, it has a matte appearance. It can be machine washed in cool temperatures and dried flat. Suitable for making lighter-weight items, such as sweaters, vests, shawls, tops and ponchos

"Linova" by GGH is a worsted weight, classic plied yarn. Made of 74% cotton and 26% linen, "Linova" can be machine washed in cool temperatures and dried flat.

ORIGINAL REQUEST----
I'm not looking for the maker or anything... what I AM HOPING to find is some similar yarns and figured you guys would be the best group to ask for possible suggestions..

55% Linen, 45% Cotton. Feels to be aran or worsted weight yarn.

ANY yarns out there you would suggest that are a similar blend? I can find one or the other with other fibers mixed with them but having a bear of a time finding a Linen/Cotton blend that I can use for some comparison purposes.

Thank you!

candicane
05-20-2008, 11:20 AM
KnitPicks Cotlin?

Candice

knitasha
05-20-2008, 01:20 PM
yarndex.com

Search by yarn weight or fiber.

cdjack
05-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm almost positive that Classic Elite makes one.