PDA

View Full Version : Stress ECG Update

callmesusan
05-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Thank you to all of you who thoughtfully responded. To all the medical peeps, here is an update:

I had a serendipitous, informal consult with the cardiologist who would be doing the heart cath. He took one look at me and said I was "too young" to be needing an angio ;). (He must not have looked closely enough to see all the crows feet.)

Anyway, he looked at my exercise ECG and at a several years old resting ECG, and said I have an abnormal resting ECG (T-wave), which he didn't seem all that excited about (told me to take Co-Q10 and L-Carnitine, everyday, religiously, don't ever miss.) He explained that an abnormal resting ECG will look very abnormal with exercise.

As a sonographer, I know that people can have abnormal findings that aren't necessarily "bad," just not exactly normal. He canceled the angio and is setting up a MUGA scan. This makes sense to me. Any further comments are appreciated. (I love that I can reach out to the world for support through this forum!)

Spikey
05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
That is terrific! As someone who also works in radiology, the importance of comparing to a prior study can't be overemphasized. It is great that he was able to do that, and come up with a non-invasive way to evaluate you. Hope all goes well with the MUGA. Crossed Fingers

Knitting_Guy
05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
That sounds like good news to me. :thumbsup: