PDA

View Full Version : I think I love my co worker**UPDATED WITH PICS**

MommaG
05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: I got to work today and on my desk was a huge bag of yarn.:heart: :heart: :heart: In the bag there are tons of 20g balls of 90% Acrylic 10% Angora (12 balls if grey, 6 balls of white, 1 red and one black) a couple balls of crochet cotton. Also about 20 balls of chenille in various shades of blue and some white. Now I have to figure out what to do with it all. Any suggestions for the Angora? I would love to make something for my daughter out of this stuff. Also any suggestions for the Chenille?

Knitting_Guy
05-20-2008, 10:16 PM
That yarn really doesn't sound like you'd enjoy knitting with it. Just send it to me, I'd be happy to help you out and spare you the experience.

feministmama
05-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Where do you work!!!!!!!

MommaG
05-20-2008, 11:46 PM
LOL!!!!!

And she says she has more for me too!!! Due to medical reasons she is not able to knit anymore so she is giving me the yarn. I just have no idea what to make with the Angora like I said I really want to make something for my Daughter.

Knitting_Guy
05-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Well, with that many different colors you could make her a very colorful sweater.

Karina
05-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Check out ravelry for inspiration. if you have not signed up for it yet it is worth waiting a week for the invite just to see all the brilliant project people have completed on there. you just type in the yarn and up comes all the projects that people have made.

or you could knit up a gauge swatch using different needles until it looks right to you then search for a pattern that will match and that you have enough yarn for.

you could also knit up a little blanket with it maybe double strand it with two different yarn if the colours will go well together.

Post some photos would love to see what goodies she gives your.

threesmom
05-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Wow! Lucky you! I'd love my coworkers way more if they treated me to yarn! We'd love so see pictures:mrgreen:

So what does your daughter like? Would she wear a poncho or shawl? Short cardi? HOw about stuffed animal? A fuzzy bunny would be cute. So many choices!

bambi
05-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Very nice co-worker!

B

kellee0302
05-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Gotta love the giving co workers. My co workers bought me alpaca yarn for my birthday that they knew I wanted. One of those same co workers has brought me in fabric, yarn, and many other assortments of crafty things. It's always a great surprise to find "gifts" on your desk when you come in.
How old is your daughter? What size would you need to make for her?

MommaG
05-21-2008, 08:19 PM
My daughter is only two and she has a bunch of ponchos from me already. I would love a cardigan of some sort for her but I just haven't found any patterns that jump out at me. I think I will sign up for raverly and see what I can find there.

Dangles
05-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I think I will sign up for raverly and see what I can find there.

Be forewarned you will become addicted and shortly afterwards you will need to attend Ravelry Anonymous.

You lucky lady you :)

MommaG
05-22-2008, 08:27 PM
:heart: :heart: I love her even more. I got to work today and she hade more yarn for me. Mostly acrylics this time but a bunch of cttom like stuff that will make a beautiful dress for my daughter for the summer.:heart: :heart:

I sent off my request to Revlry and already got my invite today and it said there were over 750 people waiting when I did. Gonna go check it out.

MommaG
05-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Here are a couple of pics of the yarn my co-worker gave me. The first pic is all the Chenille, the second is the Angora, and the third is the yarn I got today. The big ball of white in the front is Cotton type yarn that I want to make a little dress out of for my daughter.

threesmom
05-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Beautiful colors!

Cynamar
05-23-2008, 01:13 PM
I htink I love your co-worker!

cindycactus
05-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Lucky Lucky You. What a nice coworker. :woot: