PDA

View Full Version : Sports Bra - please recommend

flea
05-21-2008, 05:32 AM
So I did a cardio workout with my husband last evening before he went to work. Besides the sweating and the aching thighs my biggest issue was the bouncing and the jarring of the mammaries. It was awful and it limited my ability to do some of the exercises. Honestly, it's the main reason I haven't started cardio on my own such as jogging (which appeals to me because it exercises both myself and the dogs, ideally).

I'm not a little girl, either in weight or the bust area. I wear a 40C bra normally with some variation for styles and brands.

Do any of you ladies have a recommendation for a sports bra that actually provides good bounce protection?

CountryKitty
05-21-2008, 08:56 AM
:fingerwag: ACK! Mason, don't do that!

....not while I'm drinking my morning coffee. Now I gotta clean off my screen! (And just when I had my coffee seasoned just like I like it) :pout:

Flea, my daughter had to have a couple lumps removed a couple months ago and needed to wear sports bras for support. We grabbed some off the rack at Wally-world for maybe $6-8 apiece and they really helped her tender aching boo-boo. Nothing special or fancy, but if they helped her after an operation they ought to work for whole uncut bosoms. Came in several colors too.

(She blew me away with her attitude--went to school and discussed her lump with classmates....jokingly referred to the lumps as her "chesticles"!:oo: )

Knitting_Guy
05-21-2008, 09:04 AM
:roflhard:

Gertie
05-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Mason -
I'm so glad I swallowed my drink before seeing your post!! My screen would've looked like CountryKitty's! :roflhard:

HamaLee
05-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi Flea!
I'm a 36DD+ and I live and breathe by the "Maia" sportsbra by Moving Comfort. Love it. It comes in sizes just like bras as opposed to just "Small, medium, large" and it's basically got a full bra in the lining in addition to the regular sportsbra look. It's REALLY supportive. I love it, I wear one to work every single day. I work with kids and can't have any kind of cleavage or movement at all and this is the only thing that works.

I've purchased mine at Eastern Mountain Sports mostly, but if you google there are a few places to buy them online also. I think the Moving Comfort website also has a few other designs.

Oh! And Title Nine (http://titlenine.com) has a whole section of various sports bras for big dinners :eyebrow:. I think that's actually where I got my first Maia. They have a bunch that are standard sports bra style plus others that give great support without the Uni-Boob effect.

Good luck!

cftwo
05-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I post on a fitness board and the large-chested ladies swear by Enell bras. They're pricey, though, but I'm told they're worth it.

court88
05-21-2008, 09:59 AM
:roflhard: the uni-boob bra's are horrible, make your ta'ta's rub together when running, try one on, but avoid them if they already feel like you'll get the double boob going on!

Nice pic Mason!

Inis
05-21-2008, 11:06 AM
I post on a fitness board and the large-chested ladies swear by Enell bras. They're pricey, though, but I'm told they're worth it.
Yep! The best and well, WELL worth the price in terms of current comfort and protection from future sagging :)

Edit to add: Which ever one you decide on, wash it before wearing. I had one shrink during a workout from all the sweat. Hubby had to cut it off of me.

HamaLee
05-21-2008, 12:53 PM

I just found a retailer online and ordered one! I'll give a review when it arrives. :thumbsup:

Cynamar
05-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I bought Julianne a 3-pack of sports bras at Wal-Mart last week for less than $10. I don't know how they would be for anyone over a b-cup but they seem fine.

Lucy78green
05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
For big chested girls: I wear sports bras to work as the old underwire causes havoc with the emptying of wheel barrows, shovelling etc. I went to Bravissimo (http://www.bravissimo.com/Default.aspx) when I was in London for advise. They post to the US too I think. I got a Royce. I was fitted and told that I'm 34FF (I'd been wearing 38D for years) but they told me that as sports bras can be a bit tight to go up a back size and down a cup size so I got a 36F. No complaints, but does the one giant boob thing but as I don't run I dunno if it would be problematic. Their site is really good as they do clothes for big boobs too, so you don't end up looking like a tent by the time you've found a shirt that fastens - just remember that UK clothes sizes are different (add 4).

flea
05-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the help! Even Mason... Who posted a pic of exactly how DH wanted to help support me during the jumping jacks. I didn't find it as funny then as I do now. :-P

I went to Wallyworld today and grabbed one of the ones with individual foam cups like a super padded bra. It seemed okay in the store, but I didn't do much bouncing around in the stall since that seemed... well, whacky. I wasn't sure what the associate would do if I bounced a few times, my aching legs gave out, and I crashed into the wall that's a whole five inches away from my flailing body. Anyway, when I got it home, I put it back on and did some wacky jacks and running in place... No flippin' strength in the straps. And while DH enjoyed watching me it wasn't exactly the effect I was looking for.

I'm heading out to google the brands you helpful ladies have provided. Thank you all!

HamaLee
06-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Sorry to drag this up again, but I had to post my review of the Enell sportsbra I just bought.

AMAZING:inlove:

It is NOT PRETTY!!! but so worth the 50 bucks. It's comfortable, the uni-boob is really not bad, and those girls are NOT MOVING at all! I could run a marathon in this thing.

So thank to you whoever recommended them! And I highly recommend them to active ladies with big dinners. :thumbsup: Go forth and be well supported!

Cynamar
06-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Thank you for the review! I agree that it's worth it if it's donig the job!