PDA

View Full Version : KnitPicks Options/Harmony helpful hint

PurlyGyrl
05-22-2008, 01:10 PM
I just received my Harmony set (gift to self:woohoo: ). I absolutely love:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: them. Immediately started a scarf as a "waiting room" project-something mindless to knit while waiting in the doctor's office for my mom. I discovered to my horror that my cable was "unscrewing" itself from my needle. I had failed to tighten it enough. Looked through my knitting bag and discovered I had left the little wrench/key thing at home. :gah: What to do? Spyed a small paper clip in the bottom of my purse. Straightened it out a bit and VOILA--fit the little keyhole perfectly:yay:What a handy dandy wrench replacement:teehee:

Knitting_Guy
05-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Here's an additional tip. Get yourself one of those rubber pads used to get a better grip on jar lids. Use that to hold the needle while tightening the cable connection and it will be tighter.

kellyh57
05-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Here's an additional tip. Get yourself one of those rubber pads used to get a better grip on jar lids. Use that to hold the needle while tightening the cable connection and it will be tighter.

A tiny piece of that rubbery shelf liner works too.

Kelly

ArtLady1981
05-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi Purly! :waving:

Ya know those "T" pins? They are like big silver hat pins...but with a big T for the top? They work perfect, too! Sturdy little things!

http://63.210.199.180/00/72/3/7237.jpg.fpx?qlt=80&wid=265&cvt=jpeg

Sometimes I can't find my little key thingie, I just grab one of those T pins in my pin cushion. I use it more often than the key thingie!

Glad you are enjoying your KP Options and Harmony's!!!

SBG
05-25-2008, 04:11 PM
I've used a safety pin before too.