PDA

View Full Version : My nephew's career aspirations

fireflyknitter
05-22-2008, 01:30 PM
So I've been babysitting my 5 yo nephew this week because he has 3 weeks in between when kindergarten ended and summer camp starts (i've got him again in another week). I asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up, and he says "I want to be three things: I want to be a garbageman, a police helicopter, and a builder!"

:rofl: I think it would be pretty sweet to be a helicopter!

Eccie
05-22-2008, 04:35 PM
absolutely!

Knitting_Guy
05-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I always wanted to be a race car myself :rofl:

Maybe I will when I grow up.

Lindsey H
05-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Out of the mouths of boys ;) . I have two boys and they both love trucks of any kind.

snowbear
05-22-2008, 06:45 PM
My grandson is 17months. He has loved trucks for about 6 or 7 months. pushing them, running them into each other.. trying to trip his sister with them.. yeah.. he has that sibling rivalry down pat.. it must be in their DNA...

His sister arranges them in a nice neat line.She's 3.5 He will go and move one just a bit out of line. She will go and straighten it back. Then, he walks by and kicks the one on end... lol Boy aren't they going to be fun to watch..lol

Debkcs
05-22-2008, 06:50 PM
How cute is that? I'd love to be a helicopter too.

Cynamar
05-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Being a helicopter would be COOL!!!

saracidaltendencies
05-23-2008, 01:21 AM
:rofl: That's too cute! When my brother was little, he said he wanted to be a fire truck when he grew up...haha...Oh the things little ones say!

iza
05-23-2008, 09:09 AM
:teehee: How cute! I want to be a helicopter too! What a great idea!

Kids are so fascinated by machines! It reminds me of my brother, when he was very little, who had the disappointment of his life when he learned that my dad (an engineer) was not driving trucks at work. Poor boy, you should have seen the look in his face when my dad explained to him he was just working in an office. :lol:

fireflyknitter
05-23-2008, 09:40 PM
It reminds me of my brother, when he was very little, who had the disappointment of his life when he learned that my dad (an engineer) was not driving trucks at work. Poor boy, you should have seen the look in his face when my dad explained to him he was just working in an office. :lol:

It's kind of embarrassing to admit but I didn't know until high school what engineers did. I wondered for months why the smartest kid in my high school wanted to go drive trains for a living before someone explained it to me. :roflhard:

Debkcs
05-24-2008, 12:16 PM
The look on my then 11 y.o. son's face when he had to figure out 'sanitation engineer' was priceless. What did that have to do with trains?