PDA

View Full Version : Custom search engine?

Jan in CA
05-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a new computer and therefore lost some of the little goodies I had on the old one. For the life of me I can't remember how I added a search to the google search bar on the top of my Firefox page. I added a screenshot of what it looks like now. I tried "manage search engines", but that didn't help. Anyone remember how?

Knitting_Guy
05-22-2008, 08:12 PM
There should be a link in the Manage Search Engines window for "get more search engines"

Jan in CA
05-22-2008, 08:29 PM
There is, but it doesn't have any custom features. I used to have dictionary.com and knitting pattern central to name a few. As I recall they were easy to do, but the custom thing they show is way complicated. :shrug:

Knitting_Guy
05-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Maybe this is what you're looking for

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3682

Jan in CA
05-23-2008, 02:20 PM
I think that might work! I'll try it out and let you know. Thanks!

ETA: Well, I can't get it to work so I don't know.

Knitting_Guy
05-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Hmmm, beats me then. I don't use that search bar so not overly familiar with it.

I'd suggest just searching through the add ons until you find something .

Silver
05-25-2008, 12:00 AM
I think that might work! I'll try it out and let you know. Thanks!

ETA: Well, I can't get it to work so I don't know.
You might have to restart Firefox after you add them.

Some websites will have an "add to searchbar" feature, maybe that's how you added them?

Jan in CA
05-25-2008, 12:59 PM
I did restart it. I remember that it was Firefox thing that I added, but it doesn't seem to want to work now. Oh well. :shrug:

I emailed the creator of that add on so we'll see what he says if he gets back to me.