PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Help!

nuggetsam
05-24-2008, 11:15 AM
I've been using Bernat Baby Sport yarn for some projects, it comes in very large 350 g/12.3 oz balls. Am 2/3 done with a blanket, and need more, store no longer carries it, and other stores as well. Have written the company, but no reply as yet.
Any and all suggestions are welcome!!!
Thanks!

Hugs

Nugs

:hug:

Jan in CA
05-24-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't see it on their website anymore so it must be discontinued. What you could do is finish off the skein you have then get a coordinating color and crochet around the edges till it's as big as you want. You could also just end it as is and call it a stroller or car seat blanket because it's smaller.

snowbear
05-24-2008, 09:57 PM
You could try looking on ebay and on ravelry to see if anyone has any for sale.. just a thought. Jan's idea is great if you can't find any.

Mirl56
05-25-2008, 08:13 AM
There is also a 'buy/sell/swap' forum right here. You can post your search there, too - someone who frequents that forum may not see your request here in this forum.

Jan in CA
05-25-2008, 12:52 PM
There is also a 'buy/sell/swap' forum right here. You can post your search there, too - someone who frequents that forum may not see your request here in this forum.

I actually moved the post to general from the b/s/s forum. The way it was worded it could have gone either way..whether she was looking for yarn or looking for a way to finish it w/o the yarn since it's no longer available. The b/s/s forum gets a LOT less people than this one or the others. ;)

NOTE TO ALL - If you are actually looking for yarn and hoping someone might have it in their stash or help finding it then by all means post in the b/s/s forum. If you are asking for something else then do post here or in the proper forum so you'll get the most views and help. :thumbsup:

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
05-25-2008, 07:48 PM
check AC Moore. they had those the last time i was there (a couple of weeks ago) in the saratoga store.

nuggetsam
05-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I think that I will pick a coordinating color and do a large edging around, either in white or a contrasting pink, whichever blends better.
I tried calling all AC Moore stores within a 50 mile drive from my home, Michael's, and Joann's without any luck. Still haven't heard from the company.
I appreciate your help and suggestions.

Hugs

Nugs