PDA

View Full Version : Go-Go Garter Scarf - finished

InnerAnomaly
05-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi there!

This is my first post here... I just taught myself how to knit this weekend... Friday night to be exact. I had been begging my mother to teach me, but either she can't teach me, or I can't learn from her (likely a good combo of both). Regardless, I desperately wanted to learn from her, but such is the way. At least I can always say she's what got me into it in the first place.

Between a dvd I bought, Stitch'N'Bitch, the videos here, and a fiance who's an engineer (i have serious issues learning from just text alone) he helps me, I'm so lucky. I was able to make this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/InnerAnomaly/knitting/IMG_2358.jpg

the pattern is from Stitch'N'Bitch, and I used Blue Sky Alpacas hand dyed bulky yarn... Started around 1 or 2pm, and finished up around 5 or 6.

I told myself, I was going to start of with an easy project, that I knew I could finish. I'm really proud of myself. Now I just need to weave in the ends where the color changes are, and it will be ready for use in the winter...

There's nothing like making a super warm and comfy cozy scarf just as summer is starting...

auburnchick
05-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh, it's beautiful! Wow! I wish my first project had turned out so well!

Welcome to KH and to knitting!!!

Knit4Fun
05-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh my goodness! What amazing work for a first project...mine looked just like that...well, maybe if a cat had wrestled with it for a couple minutes and then a dog had taken a bite out of it... :teehee:

Great job and welcome to knitting!!! :muah:

GirlChris
05-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Great job! I am very impressed. You are right, I am just entering anew knitting phase and I have never been one to knit in spring or summer and it seems a little weirds giving scarves as teacher gifts the end of the year but hey I figure when the bug hit sya you better go for it or the urge will pass. LOL

Jan in CA
05-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Excellent job!

dustinac
05-27-2008, 08:31 AM
:happydance: You did a wonderful job!!

sue in canada
05-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Looks great. You did a wonderful first job.