PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm needing a knitting for extreme dumbies,

Tara Mansur
05-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Ok, I have a friend who has been awsome in helping me learn how to knit, she helps me unravel ;) the mysteries of the knitting language, I love the Videos, they help soo much the only one I'm working finding and understanding is the pattern i'm trying is for a two color bias purse but I have no Idea how to pick up the second color and not cut the color,I'm hoping that some one will be able to respond tothis before I leave on a 16 hour drive(that I'm not driving)so I can knit on the drive...any one got an extreme dumbies version on how to do that? :?? Crossed Fingers

GirlChris
05-26-2008, 01:40 AM
You bring the color yarn you are not currently knitting along behind the one you are knitting and every 3-4 stitches if you have not used that color yet then secure it by wrapping the yarn over top of the strand you are knitting. (behind your needles you are bringing the other yarn from behind the yarn you are using over top of it and dropping in front of that strand of yarn, wrapping the two yarns together) It should then just secure itself to the back of the row you are knitting and can be picked up to knit that color when you are ready. When I have done this it can get a bit wrapped up after a few times of doing it so I have to take a minute to unravel the balls a bit. I can't remember what to do with purl rows though. :aww:

Ingrid
05-26-2008, 08:52 AM
If it's striped, just bring the other color up the side.

Tara Mansur
05-26-2008, 11:34 AM
ok, but how do you start it? do you tie it in the first cast on stich? or do you just wrap it around the needle and pray it stays?

Knitting_Guy
05-26-2008, 12:07 PM
ok, but how do you start it? do you tie it in the first cast on stich? or do you just wrap it around the needle and pray it stays?

I use a slip knot to tie it to the already working yarn. Once it's been knit several stitches you can undo the slip knot and weave in the tail later.

Tara Mansur
05-30-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm almost done with the purse, I'm working on the handle for it, I decided that I didn't like the plain versoin that they wanted so I'm making it striped too, (WHAT A PAIN) but it's worth it, I'll post a pic of it when I'm done
THANKS all for the help!!!!!:woot: :woohoo: :knitting: :grphug: